ooooooooooo

Alabama Mini-Truck licence

Mark Hubbs

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Thanks Mark
I was inspired by your story not to give up. Thank you for sharing your experience.
Jeepish,
I'm thinking of applying for a title under the regulations for "assembled vehicle." I think the Roxor will have much better re-sale value if it has a transferable, non-restricted title. However, they did not charge me any additional sales tax when I got my mini-truck license. I've only paid the 1.5% farm tax on the original bill of sale. If I had it re-registered with a standard title, I would be liable for standard new vehicle state and county vehicle sales tax. I'l probably just let sleeping dogs lay and keep my mini-truck tags, but will have the title for when I resale.

Jeepish

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I definitely did not get off so cheap.. I ended up paying I think 4% sales tax plus they hit me with last years tag. All together it cost me $900. I’m like you though, it makes the Roxor much more marketable should I ever decide to sell it. My tag next year will run me $180.

DGP

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Jeepish,
I'm thinking of applying for a title under the regulations for "assembled vehicle." I think the Roxor will have much better re-sale value if it has a transferable, non-restricted title. However, they did not charge me any additional sales tax when I got my mini-truck license. I've only paid the 1.5% farm tax on the original bill of sale. If I had it re-registered with a standard title, I would be liable for standard new vehicle state and county vehicle sales tax. I'l probably just let sleeping dogs lay and keep my mini-truck tags, but will have the title for when I resale.
We live some where between you and Jeepish (Chambers county ) …. any help on the 'Assembled vehicle' requirements

DGP

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I definitely did not get off so cheap.. I ended up paying I think 4% sales tax plus they hit me with last years tag. All together it cost me $900. I’m like you though, it makes the Roxor much more marketable should I ever decide to sell it. My tag next year will run me $180.
When you went to the DMV in LA, did you have the 12 doors you make, and a Hard top ? or soft top ?
and you said a single windshield wiper... motorized or one of the Hand operated ones

Also, and I appreciate you patience, what type of turn signal system did you install, (one with the arm on the steering column or the switch on the dash are) ?
thanks so much
keep the faith

DGP

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Jeepish,

Congratulations! Persistance paid off. If I had been turned down the first time, I would have tried every DMV in Madison County. I'm happy this worked for you and you got the bonus of full registration too. See you on the road.
Have you had any luck with the mini truck idea in Bama