ooooooooooo

Air condition problem

Oakie47p

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
My husband's air condition won't hold coolant,put new seals in any idea of the prob its a 2022 full cab all weather?

lost1wing

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
My husband's air condition won't hold coolant,put new seals in any idea of the prob its a 2022 full cab all weather?
It is not an elaborate system. With a sniffer, you could point to a leak that way. If you put freon with dye in it, you could use a UV light to see the leak.

Oakie47p

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
They have done those things,2 times,they think it's fixed next day freon gone.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I second Lost1Wing. I have used both methods on numerous automotive A/C systems but have had better success finding very small leaks with dye and UV. If you are losing your freon charge in one day, you have a large enough leak that the sniffer should easily pick it up. Most common locations are fittings and joints. However if you still cannot find it, it is time to gain access to evaporator, as it is probably hidden in a plastic compartment.

lost1wing

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I don't know who " they" is, but if it is a reputable shop, they should be able to help you out. If you are working it yourself, look closer at the service fittings. Dab a little mild soap and water and look for bubbles. Get a uv pen for yourself. If you lost the system twice already, you will see the leak. Don't forget to look in the air vents and evap drain with the uv light.

Oakie47p

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I second Lost1Wing. I have used both methods on numerous automotive A/C systems but have had better success finding very small leaks with dye and UV. If you are losing your freon charge in one day, you have a large enough leak that the sniffer should easily pick it up. Most common locations are fittings and joints. However if you still cannot find it, it is time to gain access to evaporator, as it is probably hidden in a plastic compartment.
They haven't tried that. The sniffer from 2 reputable dealers doesn't show a leak,they went ahead changed rubber seals still didn't help. They have it in the garage now so hopefully will figure it out,this time. Thank you