ooooooooooo

7 Slot Thar Grill - Interest

Vinny

Supporting Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Here are a few. Let me know what you would like to see and I'll be glad to take some more shots.

20190630_174026.jpg 20190630_174013.jpg 20190630_174003.jpg 20190630_173954.jpg 20190630_173942.jpg

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Sure looks like the 7 slot version of the stocker.

465stroker

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
IMO the 7 slot is a waste of hype unless you make it look like an actual CJ grill. To make it look like a CJ grill both left & right outside slots need to follow the radius of the headlights. To me this 7 slot above looks no different than the 6 slot.

SMF

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
IMO the 7 slot is a waste of hype unless you make it look like an actual CJ grill. To make it look like a CJ grill both left & right outside slots need to follow the radius of the headlights. To me this 7 slot above looks no different than the 6 slot.
Agree. Practical aftermarket improvements make sense and it's nice to see those offerings gaining traction -- Mahindra, OTR, Cecco, Fortress, et al.. Don't see much need, however, to make Roxor more jeep-like solely for appearance's sake, given that Roxor is already the acknowledged most original "Jeep" currently made. There's certainly not much talk about swapping the turbo diesel for gas to make it even more original. Still, wish the OEM Roxor grill was steel/aluminum. Aftermarket six slot grills offer a unique and proportional Roxor look and are a fine upgrade for those so inclined.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
CJ 3B headlights did not encroach on grill slots.

Andydaniel1371

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
i do like my metal 6 slot grill and don’t care if it was 7 or even 5 slot
The plastic grill with plastic winch plate and super thin bumper on my classic all needed to go.
Just the 4 slot carnival looking design
was main complaint showing friends
but who cares it’s never going to be a jeep so i’m happy with slots on a metal grill
as gay as this may sound.. let’s be better but different

D0E9F310-8B51-46CF-9758-2FF574073322.jpeg

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I dig my 6. I'd dig a 7 as well. They look so similar, it's kinda moot.

It isn't a Jeep, but it's more jeep than anything Jeep makes today.

Togo

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I dig my 6. I'd dig a 7 as well. They look so similar, it's kinda moot.

It isn't a Jeep, but it's more jeep than anything Jeep makes today.

Jeep has even acknowledged this fact in their new commercials where they connect to their roots. I find these commercials rather interesting.

Mean Gene

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I like the look of a 7 slot. The aftermarket grills are way overpriced for what they are and look too much like a postal jeep. If you can't buy what you want, make what you want. I reverse engineered the grill and created an autocad file. You can get one either water jet cut or laser cut for a reasonable price. If you know the super secret handshake I might just have a file with 7 slots (*gasp*) that follows the contour of the headlight. I have attached drawings of what I did in case you wanted to adjust it or make one by hand. Unfortunately I cannot attach the autocad file directly (not supported). Shoot me a PM if you want the file (I assume there are no minimum number of posts before I can PM). Please do not turn me into the jeep police.

Attachments

• ROXOR GRILLE.pdf
    53.3 KB · Views: 381
  • ROXOR HEADLIGHT OPENING.pdf
    18.8 KB · Views: 342

lawtac

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
So Canadianroxor , any updates on this? Looks like your last post here was April and talking about b pillers in another thread in May? Did you ever get them? Did they fit? Let us know..been waiting for 9 months. If you have given up, I get it, just let us know, will try on my own, but if you have any info it would be great to hear it.

pejo0501

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
So Canadianroxor , any updates on this? Looks like your last post here was April and talking about b pillers in another thread in May? Did you ever get them? Did they fit? Let us know..been waiting for 9 months. If you have given up, I get it, just let us know, will try on my own, but if you have any info it would be great to hear it.
Completely agree I want that grill gave up waiting on the rest of it.

CanadianRoxor

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Gents, sorry for the inactive period. The last few months have been a complete nightmare and an expensive experiment. As you are aware the first shipment was lost and when we went to process the second order the GST rules came into effect in India. It’s been months since all the paperwork has been sorted out with the vendor so he can export out of India. This time the shipment is coming via FedEx which is going to cost an arm and leg but I needed the parts here so I can show you all how they work and look! I’ve also held back on releasing our website because I didn’t want to take anybody’s cash and give them the run around like I’ve received. I have my fingers crossed but I’m hoping I have parts in 14 days. I was promised they are shipping next week. Let’s see.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Yes. Where do I get THAT grill?

You have to make it yourself. In my case I took some cad files to a local shop and had them cut it out of 3/16” aluminum. Got some aluminum primer and matching paint and painted it myself. All rattle can. Steel was more expensive than aluminum. That surprised me but I guess the difference came from the time to water jet it. It wasn’t a whole lot but between being cheaper and lighter I went that route.

M4R1N3

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
You have to make it yourself. In my case I took some cad files to a local shop and had them cut it out of 3/16” aluminum. Got some aluminum primer and matching paint and painted it myself. All rattle can. Steel was more expensive than aluminum. That surprised me but I guess the difference came from the time to water jet it. It wasn’t a whole lot but between being cheaper and lighter I went that route.
Dont suppose youd be willing to share the cad file? My son is an engineer so I'm sure I could use it no matter the format. And there is a metal shop nearby that could probably do it for me. Otherwise I have an 84 CJ grill. I could probably make a template between it and the factory roxor grill.

Vinny

Supporting Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #