ooooooooooo

2019 wiring recall

plumbstraight

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Just took my roxor in for the recall. Thing is I bought the xtc kit for the road. Now that they replaced the unit with the new wiring, I don't have rear blinkers anymore. What ticks me off is that the fellow that did the replacement, did not tell me they were inop. Was the shop lady that asked him if they worked. I thought, here I took this in and he was going to let it out not roadworthy knowing it has a full plate on it.
I am wondering do I have to buy a whole new wiring system now from xtc. I had ordered the trailer plug from them, but it didn't fit the older system. I should have kept it as now it will fit. I guess the best way is to splice in the older xtc wiring into the newer for rear blinkers, but would rather have them let me have something that will splice into the new without any issues.

DesertRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Just took my roxor in for the recall. Thing is I bought the xtc kit for the road. Now that they replaced the unit with the new wiring, I don't have rear blinkers anymore. What ticks me off is that the fellow that did the replacement, did not tell me they were inop. Was the shop lady that asked him if they worked. I thought, here I took this in and he was going to let it out not roadworthy knowing it has a full plate on it.
I am wondering do I have to buy a whole new wiring system now from xtc. I had ordered the trailer plug from them, but it didn't fit the older system. I should have kept it as now it will fit. I guess the best way is to splice in the older xtc wiring into the newer for rear blinkers, but would rather have them let me have something that will splice into the new without any issues

plumbstraight

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
They replaced the wiring loom from the firewall to the tail light including the tail lights. The older connectors are square, the new ones are a bit rounded. I had ordered the trailer pigtail but it was not compatible with the older plugs. Sent it back, now I wish I hadn't. I am still waiting to hear from them about getting my rear lights to blink as the XTC system was for the older plugs. I may have to do a new XTC kit to match the new connectors. A real bummer at over 300 a pop.

DesertRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Ah OK, I modded all that anyway and went to a jeep style light and got rid of the separate blinker. I have a 2019 just want to make sure of what they were doing!

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Did Mahindra issue the recall? When was that? I have two Roxors and have not heard one thing. Glad it's a topic here on the forum.

What was the wiring issue that triggered the recall?

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I believe the problem was the taillight plug was not waterproof or water resistant and some of the Roxors had light issues caused by corrosion in the plug. Easy fix. Either replace the harness like mahindra did or do it yourself with your own weather tight plug. I have not had any issues with mine. If I do I’ll just swap the plugs myself.

Tokarev

Did Mahindra issue the recall? When was that? I have two Roxors and have not heard one thing. Glad it's a topic here on the forum.

What was the wiring issue that triggered the recall?
2019 owner too. Have not heard anything from Mahindra about a recall.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Kinetixrcr

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
They replaced the wiring loom from the firewall to the tail light including the tail lights. The older connectors are square, the new ones are a bit rounded. I had ordered the trailer pigtail but it was not compatible with the older plugs. Sent it back, now I wish I hadn't. I am still waiting to hear from them about getting my rear lights to blink as the XTC system was for the older plugs. I may have to do a new XTC kit to match the new connectors. A real bummer at over 300 a pop.
Can you post some pictures of the new connectors? I can probably make you some adapters.

pmgia

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
2019 owner MAHINDRA didn’t give me my jacket or recall information. They suck! Roxor good.