ooooooooooo

Seatbelt speed limiter appears stuck on 2019

williambryant

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Hi all, I have a 2019 with very low mileage that has been great. First problem: Speedo quit and speed limiter kicked in. Seatbelt warning light is not on, but is functional. Speedo needle works, as evidenced by it jumping as it is supposed to when turning the key on. Dealer says they can't even get into Mahindra's service portal, but they haven't seen this issue. Any thoughts?

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Did u try resetting the system by the old trick of disconnecting battery

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
@williambryant: if you dont have a copy of the electrical schematics / wiring manual, you can find it on this forum.
Bad relay or fuse are my guess.

CH 5.3 (attached) shows the seatbelt switch. The switch is on a 10A fuse (F9). The whole circuit is on relay R1. There is a O_S_MRLY referenced all over the schematics (CH 5.3 and others). My guess is this means Main Relay, which is R1. This relay may be your problem.

Check the F9 and R1. Pictures below.

Screenshot_20210328-155729_Drive.jpg
Screenshot_20210328-160633_Drive.jpg

Unfortunately, there is only one instance of the R1 type on the Roxor. Other relay types are used twice, which allows one to swap them as a diagnostic check.

Maybe your dealer has information on R1 and can get one for you.

Keep us posted, please.

williambryant

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Hi, all. Here is my update. The shop (Coeur d'Alene Powersports) identified the problem as originating with the display unit. I have not yet suggested Azrock's idea that it is the specific relay - but will do so this week. In any case, they have had it for around two months, and have really tried to talk with Roxor with only limited success (though apparently Roxor/Mahindra's top boss in Detroit did talk with them in May and it sounded at the time like things are looking up for the company).

CdA Powersports was also told that Mahindra is working on a solution to the display unit issues - but no clear hope.

I will keep you posted. Not how one would hope a $25K vehicle with 300 miles would perform...

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Hi, all. Here is my update. The shop (Coeur d'Alene Powersports) identified the problem as originating with the display unit. I have not yet suggested Azrock's idea that it is the specific relay - but will do so this week. In any case, they have had it for around two months, and have really tried to talk with Roxor with only limited success (though apparently Roxor/Mahindra's top boss in Detroit did talk with them in May and it sounded at the time like things are looking up for the company).

CdA Powersports was also told that Mahindra is working on a solution to the display unit issues - but no clear hope.

I will keep you posted. Not how one would hope a $25K vehicle with 300 miles would perform...
Unfortunately as time progresses, their are several issues that seem to have stemmed from under engineering on the Roxor. Thankfully some of them can be resolved with aftermarket components, but still isn't right.

Polaris also has several issues that they haven't addressed in the years and years the Rzr and General have been out. I think that is simply because they have such a short warranty period, they don't really care about the problems. So we aren't alone with the issues from Powersport manufacturers.

pmgia

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I cut my seatbelt wires where they come out of seatbelt, twisted them together and put a wire nut on them, problem solved and no seatbelt speed limiter any longer.

williambryant

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Thought I'd offer another update. Roxor STILL has not produced a fix - no replacement, no repair, no nothing. The vehicle has been sitting in storage at the dealer since April or May. Although I hate to do it, I don't see any alternative but to begin to pursue legal action, in concert with the dealer, against Mahindra. Unless someone has a better idea.

plumbstraight

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
For some reason mine is not affected by the seatbelt. When it was new yes it would just idle around, but now speed is not affected if the belt is not on.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
For some reason mine is not affected by the seatbelt. When it was new yes it would just idle around, but now speed is not affected if the belt is not on.

Does it have a tune

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

plumbstraight

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Does it have a tune

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It does have a tune as I bought it with the tune installed. The limiter worked at first with the seatbelt. Now it doesn't keep me from regular speed. I buckle up for the most part but I have noticed that it doesn't matter anymore.

williambryant

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
All, just wanted to provide an update and close the book on the issue with my 2019 where the seatbelt speed/rpm limiter was stuck. It took a heck of a long time, about a year, due largely to Mahindra North America's reorganization and extended lack of communication through most of 2021. Long story short: the vehicle speed sensor was not communicating with the instrument cluster. That was determined a while back. Once Mahindra started communicating early this year, they were pretty responsive some of the time - but still sporadic - apparently operating with a skeleton crew. But they did send parts including a cluster.

Ultimately, the dealer found a loose wire in a harness somewhere between the sensor and the cluster. I'm not certain which harness. But I really do want to credit Coeur d'Alene Powersports for spending many hours and much frustration both in trying to communicate with MNA and in working on the vehicle.

So glad to have it back! But dreading the day when something else goes wrong and I can't fix it!

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Wow. That is Unacceptable. Almost a year to fix an issue. You essentially had an expensive paperweight you had to pay for.

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I've been waiting on a fuel sending unit since January. Talking to the dealer they said Mahindra shows In process. Rox is still drivable but shows half the fuel available