ooooooooooo

Weld nuts, d’oh?&@“??

BoxRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Put on the pintle hitch yesterday and it’s a very good product. But as usual, I got into trouble putting it on.

First, I learned that ALL weld nuts need to have their threads chased or cleaned.

Second, I learned the torque wrench is about useless unless the bolts are lubed with Loctite or whatever.

Stripped a weld nut and broke a bolt going into a flange nut. Recovered very well after a trip to Ace. But dang, wish I had used better judgement.

CLEAN threads and use LOCTITE!!!

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
:-(
WOW! I used the provided thread chasing bolt on the 2 or 4 bolts it says to use them on. Those and the rest all went on as instructed. I think I used blue lock-tite on mine. Glad ace was there! Lol!

BDRAG

SMF

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
WOW! I used the provided thread chasing bolt on the 2 or 4 bolts it says to use them on. Those and the rest all went on as instructed. I think I used blue lock-tite on mine. Glad ace was there! Lol!

BDRAG
As noted, the thread chasing bolt now provided with the pintle hitch makes it easy and is the way to go. Early on, during rear bumper install, I found a BSW (British Standard Whitworth) threaded bolt worked on those two stubborn bolt holes. BSW bolts, however, are hard to find. Makes better sense to chase to normal metric thread specs. Glad things worked out.