ooooooooooo

Upgrades

SMF

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
The probable only exists with aftermarket hitches, not with the OEM ones. It is up to the aftermarket makers to make a hitch that works on the Roxor. It is not up to Roxor to change their design for poorly designed hitches. Some companies are just slapping stuff together and pushing it out to be first. There might a reason why Roxor is late to the party with accessories sometimes. They might be doing some testing to make sure it works.
You're right. I'm sure no one here enjoys reading about a forum member inadvertently bending a bumper. Understandably on this type of vehicle, some users might assume that the "rear bumper" is tied/welded to the frame, vice a light cross member, not solidly attached. Those aftermarket manufacturer's that know better and proceed anyway apparently choose to let their customers figure it out the hard way. My OEM pintle hitch certainly seems properly engineered and handles tow weight as advertised. Hint: there's also a reason why that tow loop is back there -- lest someone unsuspectingly tie directly onto the cross member. The vehicle manufacturer has no obligation to change their design to accommodate and probably won't. It would be simple and inexpensive, however, to state somewhere in big letters that using other than an OEM hitch or one firmly affixed to the frame could cause problems. Regardless of the source, saving customers grief should matter. Maybe there is such a warning and it got stuck in among all the other lawyerly admonishments and I missed it.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Lookin good!

arupp

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner