ooooooooooo

Upgrades

roxinmybox112

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Finally had some time to work on the Roxor more to come !
Parts installed : windshield, bikini top, hitch receiver and steering knuckle click fix.
10228979-31B1-4A64-9673-FBA888241CF3.jpeg
50E2B035-0FD8-46ED-93F5-76936BC4852D.jpeg
F791E03B-5EFF-4A42-8CF3-688AD1BE8759.jpeg
9BFFDDC4-F1EC-40F7-A9DF-02539BFA0F53.jpeg
AB1ACF0C-979C-44ED-B5CC-B2AB97C0A0F2.jpeg

Tinfoil Hat

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Looks Great! Can you elaborate on the steering knuckle, what was the problem, what is the fix exactly? I am experiencing some popping/clicking on my new Roxor. I think one is the Spartan Lockers, they make a very loud popping ratcheting sound at slow speeds when turning and I also have another click or pop that I haven't been able to identify yet. Maybe I have this problem as well.
Thanks!

roxinmybox112

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Looks Great! Can you elaborate on the steering knuckle, what was the problem, what is the fix exactly? I am experiencing some popping/clicking on my new Roxor. I think one is the Spartan Lockers, they make a very loud popping ratcheting sound at slow speeds when turning and I also have another click or pop that I haven't been able to identify yet. Maybe I have this problem as well.
Thanks!

OK so when i installed the 2.5 shackle kit the front drag link would twist side to side where it meets the tire rod end. If you look at the last photo you can see a little puck on top of the tire rod bolt that prevents the tie rod to have any play while turning the wheel left and right. it would click because there was space in between there and that tie rod end was not seated properly against the drag link. the puck keeps the tire rod end from having any room to clank back and forth. my machine would click back and forth while stopped and driving. the problem you are having sounds unrelated to the steering i would think the sound is coming from the diff locker especially if it was installed incorrect. if you read on jeep wrangler forms its the same concept they say its normal to an extent just nature of the beast. i have owned a ton of canams with locking diffs (quads and side by sides) they ALL clicked while turning and yes i know a canam maverick is incompletely different animal but any thing with locker is bound to make some noise. you should post a video so people can get a better idea of where the sound is coming from.

here is a link to the steering fix
Ruffstuff The Cure! for Jeep (CJ, YJ, TJ & XJ) | eBay

Tinfoil Hat

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I appreciate the response and the thorough description! I'll try to get it on video next time I get up to the cabin and take it out. Their may be a GoPro in my future!

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Don’t mean to be a Debbie downer but that receiver hitch is known to crack that rear crossmember. Watch how much weight you put on it and/or work on a way to tie it into the frame.

roxinmybox112

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Don’t mean to be a Debbie downer but that receiver hitch is known to crack that rear crossmember. Watch how much weight you put on it and/or work on a way to tie it into the frame.

The heaviest thing I tow with the roxor would be a 2019 Yamaha fx cruiser svho on an aluminum single triton trailer probably weighs 1000-1200 pounds. good to know about other people having problems with the product ill keep an eye on it possibly reinforce with more steel and welding if it gets to that point. I can see the rear bumper bending or cracking under immense pressure its pretty thin steel but any thing I tow that heavy gets hooked up to my powerstroke f250.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
It’s the tongue weight that’ll get you. Stand on the ball and move and you'll see the flex. I imagine the tongue weight would be slightly less or about the same as your weight.

B

Bister

I appreciate the response and the thorough description! I'll try to get it on video next time I get up to the cabin and take it out. Their may be a GoPro in my future!
If you want an action camera that is cheap and good, check out the Kaiser Baas X400. I bought one and was impressed. It has built in image stabilization that is really good. I use stabilizers some, and this thing is almost as good on its own. I didn't want to spend a bunch on a GoPro I probably wouldn't use much. I found this one on sale.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
What hitch is this?
It looks like the Extreme Metal Products (EMP) hitch. The reality is that any hitch that isn’t tied into the frame will have the same problem. The factory receiver hitch bolts on that cross member and ties into the frame as well. My on the Rox bumper flexes this crossmember and they know it does as I’ve told them and requested them to come out with a frame tie in kit. They haven’t come out with a kit yet. It looks relatively easy to do if your willing to relocate the exhaust bracket in the rear. I think I might make fairly soon. All it needs is a plate that utilizes all the holes on the crossmember, then mount the bumper and on the inside of the crossmember a plate that sandwiches the cross member and ties into the frame. This setup would be fairly stout. Same thing can be done the hitch in the pic. It’s not that the aftermarket products aren’t stout it’s just that their designs needs to be executed better as they only partially do what the end user needs.

Willy

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy

928dennis

It looks like the Extreme Metal Products (EMP) hitch. The reality is that any hitch that isn’t tied into the frame will have the same problem. The factory receiver hitch bolts on that cross member and ties into the frame as well. My on the Rox bumper flexes this crossmember and they know it does as I’ve told them and requested them to come out with a frame tie in kit. They haven’t come out with a kit yet. It looks relatively easy to do if your willing to relocate the exhaust bracket in the rear. I think I might make fairly soon. All it needs is a plate that utilizes all the holes on the crossmember, then mount the bumper and on the inside of the crossmember a plate that sandwiches the cross member and ties into the frame. This setup would be fairly stout. Same thing can be done the hitch in the pic. It’s not that the aftermarket products aren’t stout it’s just that their designs needs to be executed better as they only partially do what the end user needs.
It will get fixed when someone has a bad enough problem, This is the aftermarket. Rush this stuff out to bet the market to the punch and not do any or much testing. I have seen this stuff forever, I worked in the aftermarket and this is norm.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
That’s for a Dana 30. You need a 19 spline Dana 44 locker for stock axles.

SMF

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
It will get fixed when someone has a bad enough problem, This is the aftermarket. Rush this stuff out to bet the market to the punch and not do any or much testing. I have seen this stuff forever, I worked in the aftermarket and this is norm.
Yep, for now this appears to be an emerging design issue. An expensive aftermarket bumper attached to a weak x-member improves appearance, but makes little difference when it comes to towing. Seems how the situation could be readily solved would be if Mahindra were to step up and start attaching a stout x-member to the frame to preclude flex/cracking and offer an aftermarket fix for early Roxors.

MikeT

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have a Strong Made receiver. Works fine with a zero turn but I watched it when a l small Kubota was loaded on the same utility trailer... Too much flex for that.
The zero turn weighs less than 900 lbs, the tractor weighs 1600 lbs. Trailer weighs about 700. Due to the flexing I am looking at an upgrade.
Looked online at the RXR hitch and it appears to have the same design flaw as the Strong made.
I have an email to the dealer asking about the pintle ball mount now.

B

Bister

I have a Strong Made receiver. Works fine with a zero turn but I watched it when a l small Kubota was loaded on the same utility trailer... Too much flex for that.
The zero turn weighs less than 900 lbs, the tractor weighs 1600 lbs. Trailer weighs about 700. Due to the flexing I am looking at an upgrade.
Looked online at the RXR hitch and it appears to have the same design flaw as the Strong made.
I have an email to the dealer asking about the pintle ball mount now.
I have the pintle OEM, you'll never hurt it. If you need a receiver type, I would also go OEM. It's the only one I have seen that actually ties to the frame to prevent flexing.

B

Bister

Yep, for now this appears to be an emerging design issue. An expensive aftermarket bumper attached to a weak x-member improves appearance, but makes little difference when it comes to towing. Seems how the situation could be readily solved would be if Mahindra were to step up and start attaching a stout x-member to the frame to preclude flex/cracking and offer an aftermarket fix for early Roxors.
The problem only exists with aftermarket hitches, not with the OEM ones. It is up to the aftermarket makers to make a hitch that works on the Roxor. It is not up to Roxor to change their design for poorly designed hitches. Some companies are just slapping stuff together and pushing it out to be first. There might be a reason why Roxor is late to the party with accessories sometimes. They might be doing some testing to make sure it works.

Last edited by a moderator:

roxinmybox112

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
It’s the tongue weight that’ll get you. Stand on the ball and move and you'll see the flex. I imagine the tongue weight would be slightly less or about the same as your weight.
i weigh 215 i jumped on it pretty hard and had a little flex nothing crazy.