ooooooooooo

Underhood Oven?

lcp

Has anyone considered attaching a small metal box (like a small ammo can) above the block off plate from an EGR delete to heat up food as you drive?

IMG_9640.jpg

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I love that idea. In Moab we just stuck them on the manifold. A box would be better and the lid could also help hold heat. Not sure how well the seal would hold up.

lcp

I love that idea. In Moab we just stuck them on the manifold. A box would be better and the lid could also help hold heat. Not sure how well the seal would hold up.
We used to do that in the oilfield and I also used to warm up lunch on the cylinder head of my dirt bikes and 4wheelers when roaming the Big Bend area years ago. I would imaging the seal would need to be taken off. Dust might be a bit of a problem, but we probably eat plenty of it while we're driving. I'll keep my eyes open for some small metal box that might work and see what I can do.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
A 30 cal ammo box should fit just fine. I believe the height is the only possible issue there could be.

lcp

This is a skinny version of the 30 cal box. It's mainly too long. I'll have to keep looking for something that'll fit without moving stuff around too much.

IMG_9649.jpg

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I wonder if a quart paint can would work. Might be a tad small or for some items run it without a lid.

Land Rover

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Could one simply cut the .30 cal. can to shorten it and then weld(or rivet)in a new bottom? How about simply fabricating a type of box out of sheet metal(i.e. - a few cardboard patterns and a vise with angle iron in the jaws for the proper sheet metal "hold").

MTCowboy

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Actually an old idea. As a kid back in the 60's and 70's we would take long jeep rides through the desert below Lake Havasu and a number of the folks had things setup in their jeeps like this. You might be able to still find some recipes with cook times and such if you looked hard enough. Have fun!

Reactions: lcp