phillips & flat blade screw driver
needle nose pliers
standard pliers
electrical tape
14mm wrench
10mm mini ratchet from the bike section

cant remember but maybe a little channel lock pliers & vice grips

the box fits under the seat

also have a universal lug wrench kit from Amazon that came with 4 lug nut size sockets

OffRoad709

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Anyone made a tool kit for taking in the Roxor . Just curious what to

Anyone made a tool kit for taking in the Roxor . Just curious what to put in one.
Too add too what TomRox said , duct tape, tire plug kit, mini air compressor, some kind of tow rope ( preferably a kinetic rope )

TomRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I carry a hatchet too
Sometimes a mini compressor

Recovery gear includes a tree save and d ring and a pulley to double the winch

Under the seat is full

I an in a cold climate; Under the other seat is survival gear - stuff coats, winter hats, work gloves, 5 lighters and a carton of cigarettes

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I usually carry this fuel can tool box and a bag with medical supplies ans binos.

20240512_192743.jpg 20240512_192947.jpg 20240512_193134.jpg

1BB

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
It's nice to have tools, but chances are, you'll need a part as well and if you don't have that part....the tools won't help much.

For me, along with a few tools, I like to carry things like two part epoxy or JB Weld, in hopes that I can possibly repair a broken bracket, or whatever and limp home.

I also carry a few hose clamps, and a few small pieces of flat stock steel around half to one inch wide, an .125" thick and from a few inches to a foot long. I can "HOPEULLY" use these along with JB Weld and hose clamps to kinda sorta reinforce a broken part and limp home.

Carry some mechanics wire.

Some sand or emery paper.

A spray can of degreaser.

Spare fuses, electrical wire, electrical connectors. and test light.

Some BARS Stop Leak if you have a coolant leak. That stuff works great, and have a gallon of water as well. You can use duct tape too to repair coolant hose, but leave the cap loose so it doesn't build up any pressure in the cooling system. You just have to remember to keep an eye on your engine temp, and if it starts pushing 205 or so, you should stop so it doesn't boil over.

That's the only reason you have a pressurize cooling system, is to raise the boiling point of the coolant. For every pound of pressure your cap is, you raise the boiling point three degrees. So, a 15 pound cap raises the boiling point 45 degrees. Now you go from 212 to 257 degrees before it boils over. That's why you never remove the cap when hot, because once the pressure is released, you instantly lower the boiling point back down to 212 and hot coolant comes boiling out FAST.

Sometimes you can use a piece of bike inner tube on top of the duct tape, and hose clamps to stop a coolant leak, and put the cap back on tight, but 15 psi is a lot of pressure and it might leak a little anyway.

A spare fan belt or one of those emergency fan belts that fits everything, and you cut it to fit the vehicle in need.

The last thing is a stick of Oyltite. That stuff will repair a leaking fuel tank, oil pan, transmission pan, and you don't have to drain the fuel or oil to repair them. This stuff works great and would have saved the Titanic.....I think.

Also carry rags or something to clean yourself up, because nothing sucks worse than fixing a break down, and have to grab your steering wheel with filthy hands. I like to have some sort of eye protection too, to keep crap from falling into my eyes if I'm under a vehicle.

And BUG SPRAY. It sucks to have a break down, but it's worse when you're being eaten alive while trying to get back on the road.

Bob R1

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I always kept a spare Fan Belt under the seat on my old FJ40 Land Cruiser. Good insurance, I never needed it. In my experience, anything you are prepared to address will never break.
Back to the Roxor Tools. I have a Tool Kit for my Jeep Wrangler MOAB that I can swap to the ROXOR at any time. I have Metric Combination Wrenches, 3/8 and 1/2 Sockets both Deep and Shallow, 3/8 and 1/2 Ratchets. Socket Extensions, Torque Sockets, Torque Allens. Screw Drivers, Pliers, Electrical Tape, small Hammer.
Never used any of it on the trail, so far.

Bob R