ooooooooooo

Taillights

Desertwndrr

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
The taillights got to go. Has anybody taken off the tail light yet to see how they mount? It appears as if swapping over a stock CJ style taillight may not work because the ROXOR light is on the radius of the tub. Hopefully there is a simple solution to finding a light that will fit without leaving holes in the tub visible. I was looking at the round light DOT's and those may work but I don't see where they would cover the holes in the tub. Need to find something that can surface mount. Tub corner guards would cover things up but to me they are so ugly. I'll keep looking, but could use suggestions.

These maybe?
M42221: Thin Low Profile Rectangular Three Stud STT/BU Box Light

Or these?
Multi-Function LED Truck and Trailer Lights Combo Box - Universal Mount LED Brake/Turn/Tail Lights - Pigtail Connector - Stud Mount | Tail, Brake, Turn, Reverse LED Lights | LED Truck and Trailer Lights | Super Bright LEDs

20180501_120812-1024.png

Last edited:

tben87

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I was hoping that the taillights were already setup for blinker operation more or less. The light is the same except for no orange lenses. I'm curious if they just used a single filament bulb and socket instead of a double filament bulb. Or more likely is that they used the same harness as the thar but just with no "blinker" wire in the bulb socket or possibly just not terminated into the harness where it meets the front harnesses. I highly doubt they made a whole new harness for the Roxor. The lights are quite big though. Although it wasn't much of a deal breaker for me.

Doshounds

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
It would be interesting to see someone weld up the tub and mount some flush mount led taillights. Who is going to be the first?

Renegade6

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
There is a double filament bulb in the tail lights. The Roxfanatics kit uses the stock rear bulbs.

i303

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Jeeps didn't stay with a single style although they did for most of CJ, all YJ and TJ. Those years they used what was used on trailer lights and stayed with them. Easy to mount and replace because they were easy to break too. The Roxor's is a lot like the current JK. On the plus side at least you won't see a huge gaping cutout when you remove them. Just three small mount holes.

I may swap out for LED bulbs, do the turn signal tap in. Otherwise I'll keep them until they break.

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I'm installing a pair of LED jeep style lights this weekend. I have an XTC turn signal kit already installed and works great with the stock taillights. If you want your roxor to look more like a jeep than you need to ditch the stock taillights. To adapt over you'll need a 3 to 2 light converter like this one:

https://www.amazon.com/58240-Non-Po...t=&hvlocphy=9033271&hvtargid=pla-435721587525

You'll need this because the stock tail lights use a 5 wire design and you'll need this adapter to work with the four wire LED tail lights. Here are the lights I'm using:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072VS66SK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

These look really nice on the back of my rig and you won't be disappointed.

Sonnyd

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I'm installing a pair of LED jeep style lights this weekend. I have an XTC turn signal kit already installed and works great with the stock taillights. If you want your roxor to look more like a jeep than you need to ditch the stock taillights. To adapt over you'll need a 3 to 2 light converter like this one:

https://www.amazon.com/58240-Non-Po...t=&hvlocphy=9033271&hvtargid=pla-435721587525

You'll need this because the stock tail lights use a 5 wire design and you'll need this adapter to work with the four wire LED tail lights. Here are the lights I'm using:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072VS66SK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Pictures please!

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Did you ever get the LED taillights to work?

Actually I'm still working on them. The tail lights on the Roxor is a 5 wire design and the LED lights are a 4 wire. I used a tail light converter box from UHAUL to try and adapt them but it didn't work. I have a buddy looking at it on Thursday. That's also the same day I cut my tuned computer back

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Actually I'm still working on them. The tail lights on the Roxor is a 5 wire design and the LED lights are a 4 wire. I used a tail light converter box from UHAUL to try and adapt them but it didn't work. I have a buddy looking at it on Thursday. That's also the same day I cut my tuned computer back

So after a couple fails while using a tail light converter box I called XTC because I'm using their turn signal kit. Mike said they make a harness adapter for this kind of situation and he's sending it over for another 25 bucks. If everything goes according to plan I'll post a thread about them.

PineCreek

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner

Campy man, question, I have a 2019 and I bought some after markets, but it’s confusing me.
I’ve got it hooked up, but then I realized turn signal works..... till I put on the brakes. Then only brake lights.... any ideas? The attached image of color wires is for a 2018 Roxor harness. The old style. But the bottom part is the light MFG... and the 2 pic show how I wired it.

4F4D46F4-515D-4CC2-9B2D-6780B824C508.jpeg 78664377-D2DD-4B46-974D-6DFCC9F52C14.jpeg EB9D6CE9-DEC7-4E89-8D55-5111212431F1.png B0A4DF07-1A6C-4A2F-A22D-99972D905C2E.jpeg

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
So are you using a factory harness or a XTC kit???? The LED lights will NOT work with the factory harness nor the XTC standard kit. XTC makes a 3 wire adapter that you'll need to request when you purchase their turn signal kit and that will work perfectly. I loved mine.

PineCreek

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
So are you using a factory harness or a XTC kit???? The LED lights will NOT work with the factory harness nor the XTC standard kit. XTC makes a 3 wire adapter that you'll need to request when you purchase their turn signal kit and that will work perfectly. I loved mine.
XTC! Yes that is it. Thank you!!!