ooooooooooo

Swapped muffler.

Doshounds

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
So while waiting on parts I got bored and went to Autozone and bought a Cherry Bomb Glass Pack. Remember those from High School? It was pretty straight forward thanks to seeing someone do it on Facebook. The Glass Pack is a 12" with 2.5 inch inlet and outlet. I needed an adapter 2.5 in ID to 2.5 in OD and 3 2.5 in exhaust clamps. Total cost was 38 bucks. Got it bolted in and cranked it up. I expected it to be louder but it was surprisingly quiet. I did get a little more turbo whistle though!
IMG_4362.JPG

Dang, can't load video. It sounds better. Trust me! Lol.

jdlee

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I don't want to be a downer, but coming from a volunteer firefighter. Please put a spark arrestor in-line.

I love the sound of the little turbo :)

Doshounds

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I don't want to be a downer, but coming from a volunteer firefighter. Please put a spark arrestor in-line.

I love the sound of the little turbo :)

It does sound cool. This is a temporary setup. If I like it and want to keep it in place I will go to my local muffler shop and get everything welded up with a spark arrestor in place. I don't want to burn up our farm when I'm up there. The rest of the time it will be cruising around town

Shortbus

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Hey guys since this is an off road vehicle can I go to the muffler shop have them cut out the catalytic converter and just install a little muffler with the spark arrester? Will the computer say there something wrong and not let it run?

BradsRoxor

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
There are no sensors in the exhaust stream.
So the computer won’t know if the cat is there or not. I’d just gut the cat and put it back in place.

Shortbus

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
We ha it’s a good thing I’m not married because you guys keep making me spend money.

loboost

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Be patient, a bunch of people are waiting for catless downpipes, ERG blockoffs, the ultimate tune, etc. I also am sure that there is a ton of stuff in the pipeline, Should be a very good Christmas.

Doshounds

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I did some research on Spark arrestors. Seems that on turbo charged vehicles the turbo acts as a spark arrestor as long as you don't blow past the waste gate. I wonder if there could be a tune that could disable the wastegate and divert 100% of the exhaust gas through the turbo? Then you could switch it back when you are on pavement. That would, in effect, eliminate the need for a spark arrestor on our Roxor's and still be safe. Here is a screen shot form the US Dept of Agriculture regarding Spark Arrestors.

IMG_0169.jpg