ooooooooooo

Strapping your dogs in.

secretv

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Taking the dog places can be challenging if you don't have an enclosure. I'm currently using this as a solution.

Purchased this vehicle retention setup on amazon. I used the attachment points on either side of the Roxor directly behind the front seats on the floor.

Coupled it with this vest. Attach the two clips to the bottom D-ring this allows my dog to stand and sit, but doesn't allow him from going over the sides or move into the front.

If you have a very large dog the head rest straps could be used, a short leash, or more slack for the attached leads could be used to extend the range of motion slightly.

Last edited:

secretv

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Here are the pictures.
_IGG4579.jpg_IGG4581.jpg_IGG4582.jpg_IGG4583.jpg_IGG4584.jpg_IGG4589.jpg

Paulson

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
thank you. i was putting the leash through the front seat belt. but my guy jumped out the door last weekend and almost got run over. that looks like a good solution.

B

Bister

My dog rode for 17 years, mostly on the back of the quad and she was good. In her older days she never rode the quad anymore and I built her a custom seat for the Roxor.

We use to do derby's/rally's every spring and everyone knew her as "Derby Dog".

She passed last November, but now I have a rental, the farm dog, Princess.

I'm lucky the dogs I have had with me never wanted to jump out, but we were always careful and in rural areas or pastures. The old farm Dog use to ride in a box on the front of the quad.

C6658274-C67B-416D-9FCF-5EA428470BDF.jpegD3225196-44D4-469B-A954-AAFA3D20F623.jpeg4D2A1BF5-D0EA-4AAD-954B-C4D7DE2160B3.jpeg2640B708-F3E7-4032-82D4-9DC14099CB8E.jpegIMG_6601.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

bordercollie

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Sad to hear of your loss Bister. You gave her a good life and took good care of her.

bordercollie

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Not only are they a safety feature for your pup but also for the driver. During a storm last year, I had my bordercollie in her vest and used the headrests stands in my pickup as a tie down. If not for the vest and tie downs, the pup would have wrecked me as she freaked out when the flood waters hit the bottom of the truck and fender wells- making that terrific noise. She lunged for my lap but was just barely held back . Still was too close to my right steering arm......... This setup is a good idea . By the way Dixie broke her upper leg joint when 6 months old from such a fall as mentioned and was pinned at Mississippi State University. Good that she has a part time job now to repay the bil when she works the cows some days. But she is a good house puppy mostly and rides the Roxor when I work on fences and check for calves/problems.