ooooooooooo

Stock rear bumper cracked

DEKirk2

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have a 4 x8 trailer that I attach to my Roxor to take a 1/2 ton bale out to the field to feed yesterday I noticed to the left of the hitch the bumper is cracked all the way through. Any one else had a failed rear bumper? my total set up weighs less that 1500 lbs and I’ve been driving slow. Think warranty will cover it? It’s been used but not abused!

B

Bister

If its the OEM hitch, have your dealer put in a warranty claim. They will want your milage and hours of your Roxor.

Woodsman74881

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
It probably will make a difference. The strong made only uses part of the available bumper area. The OEM hitch spreads the weight and stress over a much larger area.

sandyx

Founding Member
Strong hitch receiver I will take it in to the dealer tomorrow and see what they say the hitch mechanism shouldn’t matter I’m under the tow weight to my thinking anyway.....

Assuming you meant Strongmade, its design is inadequate for the towing specs of the vehicle. You can easily spot the difference comparing it to OEM hitch/plate assy. Get in touch with Kyle Maki, he might help with warranty even though they ain't obliged to given the culprit is aftermarket.

Screenshot_2019-05-10-08-22-36-278_com.android.chrome.png
Screenshot_2019-05-10-08-23-57-147_com.android.chrome.png

Screenshot_2019-05-10-08-27-52-099_com.android.chrome.png

B

Bister

If it is a Strongmade, I would contact them and ask why they sell a hitch that can't handle the full towing capacity of the Roxor and ask for a refund and to fix the bumper(and be happy with a refund). If a dealer that sells the Roxor sold it to you, I'd be asking them for a refund and suggest they sell the Roxor hitches in the future. The Roxor hitch is a beast.

There is some very nice after market stuff out there, but like everything, you have to keep an eye out. The thing I like about the factory accessories from anyone, is they kind of stand behind them for their own unit and you're only dealing with one company/dealer if there is a problem. Not that it always works out. A good local dealer that stands behind whatever they sell is the best, no matter if it is factory or after market.

Andydaniel1371

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have a 4 x8 trailer that I attach to my Roxor to take a 1/2 ton bale out to the field to feed yesterday I noticed to the left of the hitch the bumper is cracked all the way through. Any one else had a failed rear bumper? my total set up weighs less that 1500 lbs and I’ve been driving slow. Think warranty will cover it? It’s

Andydaniel1371

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
A reciever that bolts to the frame like a regular car or truck. The small hitch bolted to that thin bumper just isn't the same. You may have a defected bumper but I don't expect much outta mine. The solid drop hitch is just for show. Im sure u will get a new bumper from the dealer on warranty.
Hope all goes well

20190512_173929.jpg

B

Bister

A reciever that bolts to the frame like a regular car or truck. The small hitch bolted to that thin bumper just isn't the same. You may have a defected bumper but I don't expect much outta mine. The solid drop hitch is just for show. Im sure u will get a new bumper from the dealer on warranty.
Hope all goes well

View attachment 3805
If it's not a factory hitch that has the heavy mounting plate, I doubt if it will be warranty. I can't see Roxor warrantying stuff that is damaged by aftermarket parts.

I dragged this load out of the bush yesterday (about 3/4 of a cord or so) and levelled the trail in a few places where the trailer was dragging big time cause it is a low pro trailer and the Roxor never even gave a grunt (low range and front and back lockers). I did get a could hard jolt when the trailer axles grabbed a stump I left too high. That would have ripped a centre mount hitch right off without the plate that the Roxor hitch comes with. I would like Roxor receiver one, but what I have will work. I just have to use my higher trailer in the bush. lol

IMG_6331.JPGIMG_6333.JPG

bordercollie

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
That's a great close up Bister. Using that idea , I plan to mount those EGA bumpers I have in wait. . So I'll make a plate to fit the entire bumper and bolt it on every available bolthole. That is sure a thin bumper otherwise. It reminds me of a purling.

SMF

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
If the Strongmade tire carrier is any indication, they make a stout product. I have no first hand experience with their hitch. The Mahindra rig obviously has more "bumper" surface contact and attachment points, hence is stronger. As I read it, however, the Strongmade hitch didn't crack, the "bumper" did. Seems, perhaps, that the problem might stem from the fact that what passes for a Roxor rear bumper is little more than a fairly lightly constructed crossmember somewhat weakly attached to the frame -- a bumper wannabe masquerading as a real bumper. And at this early juncture, who's to say that the Mahindra hitch won't eventually cause similar bumper cracks. Regardless, as noted by others, using non-OEM may have its pitfalls when it comes to warranty claims. Us Roxorians are all on a learning curve with this great little vehicle and stuff's going to happen along the way to perfection.

sandyx

Founding Member
What's given as a stock rear bumper in roxor is actually not a bumper at all. It's just a metal piece that goes behind the actual Thar bumper, which again is not tow spec. Keep in mind not a lot of towing happens in India with jeeps. Years ago in the highhood/MM5xx series, this thin 'bumper' was the only bit available for the rear but regulations changed it starting with Thar.

Even though it connects to frame ends, it's cosmetic when it comes to towing. The rear K-member meant for actual towing was also removed from the entire layout well before this period iirc.

So yes, you do need the oem-like plate to do any proper towing. Any less contact points would be putting undue stress on a covering piece masquerading as a bumper.

Djrmt406

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
That's a great close up Bister. Using that idea , I plan to mount those EGA bumpers I have in wait. . So I'll make a plate to fit the entire bumper and bolt it on every available bolthole. That is sure a thin bumper otherwise. It reminds me of a purling.
That's how the on the rox bumper bolts. It uses bolt holes across the whole back end.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
If it's not a factory hitch that has the heavy mounting plate, I doubt if it will be warranty. I can't see Roxor warrantying stuff that is damaged by aftermarket parts.

I dragged this load out of the bush yesterday (about 3/4 of a cord or so) and levelled the trail in a few places where the trailer was dragging big time cause it is a low pro trailer and the Roxor never even gave a grunt (low range and front and back lockers). I did get a could hard jolt when the trailer axles grabbed a stump I left too high. That would have ripped a centre mount hitch right off without the plate that the Roxor hitch comes with. I would like Roxor receiver one, but what I have will work. I just have to use my higher trailer in the bush. lol

View attachment 3811View attachment 3813
Bister, I am curios what the Pros and Cons are for towing with the Roxor. How mush do you think that load weighed? Any issues or concerns?