ooooooooooo

STAGE 2 UPGRADE VS. 2019 ROXOR w AUTO TRANS

Woodhound

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Hello my Roxor friends. Just thought I would share my story of the Stage 2 tune and my stock 2019 auto transmission Roxor. When I received my upgraded ECU from Gilomen I immediately noticed the difference in power. Great! Not being a gearhead I thought this was very easy upgrade without all the issues of removing, time, expense and "not to mention" the knowledge needed to upgrade numerous parts. Straightforward instructions... remove ECU send to Gilomen they tune it, return it and I put it back in its place. Easy peasy. The problem I now encounter is the transmission. As I drive, the tranny keeps shifting to the next gear without the proper RPM's! I might be in 4th gear and the tranny rattles like a bushel of bolts in a washing machine. I have to run in L2 to keep everything together and not feel like things are going to fall apart. I contacted Terry from Gilomen and he set me straight. He offered to take it back and suggested I go with the stage 1 upgrade. This provides less power and more resembles the stock relationship between engine and transmission. I was wondering if anyone else had a similar problem and would love to hear any comments. Thanks friends!

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Diesel freaks I believe can get you set up right Where you can still have stage 2 and no trans problems.

Woodhound

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Hello txroadkill, nice to speak with you again and thank you for the response. I'm going to see how the stage 1 tune works with the auto trans before I do anything else. I will report back once I see how this works. Hopefully this will take care of it as Gilomen says it will.

RoxinatorAZ

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I have the Gilomen tune on my 2019, has work flawlessly. It increased the power with no problems. Just past 6200 miles. Mine is a manual transmission though.

Woodhound

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Manual vs Auto......that's the difference. With a manual tranny you control the shifting. I can't do that with the auto unless I put it in L2 or L1

AKROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
2020 Auto with Gilomen stage 2 and it is much improved over stock. It does up shift more quickly than I would like but it down shifts pretty well especially when u step on it. Only about 20 miles on so far.

Woodhound

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I heard the rear end gearing was changed on the 2020 and that's why the Gilomen stage 2 works better. Can't say for sure though.

Dan H.

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
New roxors have the 5.38 gears. The 2019 had the 3.73.

Paulson

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I don't want to repeat wife's tails. But a few guys on the Facebook groups claim that they shift better with taller tires? No idea. Would be something to test for the auto guys.

AKROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I am going to put 32 or 33s on it soon so we will see and report back. Headed to Angel Fire NM tomorrow and taking the Roxor and check out the trails. Any intel appreciated.

Paulson

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I am going to put 32 or 33s on it soon so we will see and report back. Headed to Angel Fire NM tomorrow and taking the Roxor and check out the trails. Any intel appreciated.
Keep us posted. Was going to get a at for the wife. But a at with gears is pretty bad ass. When they work.

Woodhound

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Went back to the stage 1 tune as suggested by Gilomen. He explained that the 3.73 gear ratio is not a good match in an auto trans. and that when Mahindra went to the 5.38 gear ratio in 2020 it was much better. I commend Gilomen for explaining this to me and re-tuning my ECU in a timely manner.