ooooooooooo

Speedometer Repair Service

Kinetixrcr

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
So if I understood correctly.
The mcu onboard memory got corrupted and even though it could still possibly be fixed temporarily by a Bin reflash, even the manufacturer will need to either change the mcu and put a new Bin in or the whole board cause of the irrevesable disabled pin on the Mcu?
I ve sent a message to Simco about the issue, wonder if I get any response. They probably got there hands tied cause of the odometer/hours meter solely in the cluster. My costumer has 2 dozen of the on warranty and cant get em fixed, this will only get worst as more fall out of warranty. Thanks for your excellent response and Merry xmas . If you have any other ideas of how to get around this my costumer has a handfull waiting.
Exactly!

You will most likely get referred back to Mahindra. That has consistently been my experience. My guess is that they have a non-compete agreement on the product and they are being overly cautious, but it could be the odometer thing.

I've been thinking about coming up with an aftermarket replacement package. Especially since the problem may only get worse as Mahindra dumped Simco for the new units.

I would be happy to help with any units without the F issue.

Ridem32

I posted this on all of the Facebook groups, but I figured I should post it here as well. I am offering a mail-in repair service if anyone has the dreaded dead speedometer. I've done enough of them now that I have all of the parts needed in stock and can offer a three-day turnaround time.

This great. If mine ever goes haywire I will send it to you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

us17094

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
What is the general sense from the group - are the problem speedos confined to a subset of Roxors within a year or of a particular year? Is it really only a matter of time before my speedo ultimately malfunctions? Or are there folks in the board that have 2018 model years with the original (and perfectly functioning) speedo?

Kinetixrcr

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
What is the general sense from the group - are the problem speedos confined to a subset of Roxors within a year or of a particular year? Is it really only a matter of time before my speedo ultimately malfunctions? Or are there folks in the board that have 2018 model years with the original (and perfectly functioning) speedo?
Aside from one tiny component and a tan or white face, all of the Simco speedometers are identical. The failure is caused by insufficient surge protection built into the speedometer. Any large voltage spike will kill your speedometer. As far as I know, the most common spike is from jumpstarting a dead battery. If you disconnect your speedometer before jumping, you will most likely never have an issue.

Woodsman74881

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I have a 2018. No problems.

hollabackdrea

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I posted this on all of the Facebook groups, but I figured I should post it here as well. I am offering a mail-in repair service if anyone has the dreaded dead speedometer. I've done enough of them now that I have all of the parts needed in stock and can offer a three-day turnaround time.
I have had my speedometer in the shop for a year and they can’t help me. I would love to send it to you if you are still offering repairs?

406Kid

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
My 2019 has an intermittent speedometer problem. From the time it was new until now, it occasionally quits working. It normally starts again within a 15 minute to an hour range.

Kinetixrcr

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
My 2019 has an intermittent speedometer problem. From the time it was new until now, it occasionally quits working. It normally starts again within a 15 minute to an hour range.
It sounds like the internal power regulator is faulty. Would you like me to take a look at it?

406Kid

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
It sounds like the internal power regulator is faulty. Would you like me to take a look at it?
Thanks for the offer. I was just sharing my experience with the rest of the members. The problem was more frequent when it was new, it rarely happens now. It’s a minor inconvenience and I don’t mind putting up with it.

roxorrob

Supporting Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Hello, I have a case of the dreaded F's. Will you please send info so I can get my speedo fixed. Thanks in Advance

Jabbo

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
My speedometer has stopped also. What is the charge and where do I send it.
Thanks
Steven

WhistlePig

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
How about moisture damage? Mine got foggy after a wash and now the digital display and speedometer are only working intermittently. I'd also like to have it re-sealed if it can be repaired.