ooooooooooo

short trips?

Groo

I am thinking about a Roxor to use as a commuter vehicle as getting a vehicle with enough head and shoulder room for me isn't easy.
will 2x 2-mile trips daily mess with the diesel?

Groo

glad to get some reassurance on that side. Now I need to figure out the seating side of things.

Uncle Chuck

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Here's what I know..... any engine, when started, starts to warm up. (duh!)
This change of temperature leads to condensation of the air inside the crankcase. Condensation is water. If you don't get the engine up to operating temperature and hold it there for a while, (how long is difficult to say, because of the environment in which you find yourself. Is it humid? Is it cold outside? These variables have an effect on the amount of time needed to burn off the accumulated condensate.)
and if you keep taking short trips that do not allow the engine to reach operating temperature, you'll end up with a sludge buildup inside the engine, because the condensate will try to mix with the oil, creating a sludge. Sludge is bad for a number of reasons.....Won't go into that now.....
Ever see a car sitting at a red light with water running or dripping out the tailpipe? The engine is eliminating the condensation as it warms up.
Also, when it is really cold, an engine that is warming up will emit a steamy fog that quickly dissipates. Again, engine is warming and eliminating the condensate. If you ever see that, look around. there will also be other cars that are not emitting that fog. Those are already warmed up.
That's all I got to say about that.
Hope my opinionated opinion was helpful. Maybe it will give you a little something to ponder......Or not.
Again, don't take my word as gospel. Ask a trusted mechanic.