ooooooooooo

Roxor upgrades and accessories deals

MikeT

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Hi Guys-
As a new Roxor owner I really like this vehicle.
Having said that, I am not happy with the dealer and aftermarket accessory network trying to screw over the customer by using specialty prices on automotive parts.
Don't misunderstood me-some of these people have items they fabricated or developed which are awesome and totally worth it. However, others just exist to resell an item that just adds expense to the buyer.
I would like to start this thread to have us assist each other with the best prices available for these- we find something, we post it.

For instance- My dealer wanted $450 each for each set of Spartan Lockers. Not including installation of $250 each.
If you research for Spartan Lockers for a Dana 44 with 19 splines, you find them on Amazon for $237.80 each delivered.
Much cheaper than all the websites too.
Plus, as another member stated, I want a auto mechanic to install these, not a UTV mechanic.

The Warn Hubs were $270 at the dealer, plus $75 installation. Again, a bit of research finds Warn 29062 hubs at Amazon for $206.53. Another place (West Coast Offraod) may be even cheaper. Af=gain better than the Roxor websites.

I did buy the Strongmade receiver hitch for mine as I have drawbar accessories to fit that. I went direct to get a better price than going through a Roxor accessory dealer. I do hear very good things about the Roxor pintle ball mount though.

I am very interested in Canadian Roxor's report on the Thar windshield.
My next upgrade is the ECU tune and EGR delete- narrowing it down to pricing.

Also currently researching winch plates and oil pan protector.....

BSFlorida

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
i think the only issue with the Dana 44 would be the shimming needed for the roxor's diffs, im not sure how big of an issue that is

CanadianRoxor

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Hi Guys-
Having said that, I am not happy with the dealer and aftermarket accessory network trying to screw over the customer by using specialty prices on automotive parts.
Don't misunderstood me-some of these people have items they fabricated or developed which are awesome and totally worth it. However, others just exist to resell an item that just adds expense to the buyer.
I would like to start this thread to have us assist each other with the best prices available for these- we find something, we post it.

For instance- My dealer wanted $450 each for each set of Spartan Lockers. Not including installation of $250 each.
If you research for Spartan Lockers for a Dana 44 with 19 splines, you find them on Amazon for $237.80 each delivered.
Plus, as another member stated, I want a auto mechanic to install these, not a UTV mechanic.

The Warn Hubs were $270 at the dealer, plus $75 installation. Again, a bit of research finds Warn 29062 hubs at Amazon for $206.53. Another place (West Coast Offraod) may be even cheaper. Af=gain better than the Roxor websites.

I did buy the Strongmade receiver hitch for mine as I have drawbar accessories to fit that. I went direct to get a better price than going through a Roxor accessory dealer. I do hear very good things about the Roxor pintle ball mount though.

Good points Mike. I’ll keep you posted once we have our windshield here and installed on our Roxor.

MikeT

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Thanks- I saw the Thar pics and think what you're doing is the way to go. Put me down for one of them if it works.

MikeT

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Haerterich- You are probably the closest we have to an expert on the installation of the Spartan since you have used the kit to install a few. How do you like them? Did you follow the Mahindra instructions?

Haerterich

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Haerterich- You are probably the closest we have to an expert on the installation of the Spartan since you have used the kit to install a few. How do you like them? Did you follow the Mahindra instructions?
The spartan is the cheapest way to improve traction and as far as strength the weak points of the rear axle will be the carrier and the single key used for the hub to axle. This set up is the same as the dana 27 or the AMC 20, its been awhile since i played with these axles so i might have the wrong ones in my mind but old jeeps used the same type of axle/hub design and as bigger tires are installed and more power the key's have been none to shear. As far as performance the spartan does very well. My son has one in has jeep liberty CRD and it works fine, he has a 120 mile round trip to work and back. As far as the install yes the mahindra install covers it well. If you want to install them yourself a must is the correct puller to remove the hubs, and the slide hammer to remove the axle from the housing. You have to reuse the axle spacer that is in the carrier!!!! For people that want better traction but are not changing the gears this is the most cost affective upgrade. For people who plan to go all out get the OTR axle full floating axle kit. This kit will allow you to install better lockers, i forget who makes them but with the axle upgrade you would be able to install a limited slip/ E-locker and that is about the best option for any off roading toy!!! It all boils down to money, how much do you want to spend. I went with the spartan for the cost, once i can afford the axle upgrade, larger tires, better clutch i will change to the axle kit.

Haerterich

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
thats good to know. how do you feel about the spartans compared to the OX? i was kinda thinking spartans in the front with hubs then an OX in the rear.
For the cost of the OX and the install cost i think its a waste. I do my axles myself so i don't have install cost but the last time i checked the local shops want $750 to $1000 to install new gears and carrier. If you are changing gears well maybe but if you want to spend that much money i would look into the OTR full floating axle up grade and the LSD/Lockers that can be installed with that.

Pdphilson

Guaminí, Buenos Aires Province, Argentina
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Hi Guys-

Check Summit racing for pricing

MikeT

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The same Spartan lockers at Summit are $456.99 vs $237.80. Almost $220 more.
Their Warn hubs are $30 more too. What part or deal exactly should we check Summit for pricing on?

MikeT

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Good to hear theres another good option out there. Amazon in the US however, is a breeze to work with, even with returns. But im sure Summit has stuff Amazon can't get. Thanks for the tip.

IS the Roxor a road vehicle in Argentina?