ooooooooooo

Roxor Automatic COMING SOON!

RoxorYooper

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
totally agree. if EPA was about the environment California would have the cleanest air, considering state has its own EPA department and vehicles have to be designed for California itself. Despite all the rules and regulations California has the worse air quality in the nation, 8 out of 10 most polluted cities are in California (look it up its true). everytime they pass more regulation on diesel vehicles mpg goes down, explain to me how is that helping the environment.
It’s all about keeping people employed if things were actually built like they were 100 years ago only a select few would have jobs. A lot of these fictitious jobs pay the person more who does nothing than the actual person doing the skilled labor part.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
It’s all about keeping people employed if things were actually built like they were 100 years ago only a select few would have jobs. A lot of these fictitious jobs pay the person more who does nothing than the actual person doing the skilled labor part.

The "let's actively ruin lives so we can help other people's lives" math never works out.. this is another perfect example. The only lives that are bettered, as you infer, are the least honest/useful humans in the equation.

Last edited:

throttleitout

Down East

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Any word on the automatic version? I don't mind manual, if it can run in 2nd or 3rd on the trail most of the time. My knee can't handle constant shifting.

Any truck driver knows you don’t always need the clutch to shift. A little finesse any surprise!

TacoJon

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
What sold me in the Roxor was the manual + diesel combo. I think having an auto would benefit them however. Some drivers with leg issues have issues with clutches. I love Toyota FJ40s and would cringe when I would see one with a swapped auto but I soon learned many of these people did it out of necessity.
Driving a manual is therapeutic for me and Roxor is a pleasant manual to drive, but I can see why they would want to offer an auto or even gasoline motor. As long as the manual is still offered I am happy.
I also think that the Roxor is Mahindra's proverbial "testing the waters" vehicle. Wouldn't be surprised if in 10 years we see fully compliant Mahindra cars and/or trucks on the road. They have the cash to enter the US market and play with the big boys.

Down East

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Thanks, I might go with the manual then. Hope to pull the trigger before spring!

Years ago I had a broken clutch cable on my 1965 Chevy Corvair and no money; in College.
I learned to park on a hill, start in neutral and put into gear after moving. Always put in neutral before stopping if you had to and occasionally start in gear. Do not stop going uphill! Very hard on the starter but I drove that way for a month in the day. The Roxor was a little stubborn for the first 1,000 miles!

toolsinaction

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
It would be cool if it looked like this.

Screen Shot 2018-11-15 at 11.30.18 PM.png

toolsinaction

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
That was the Roxor at the SEMA Roxor booth. More pictures are in the ROXORS at SEMA post. It was insane!

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
HI All. I read the post here and I can completely understand everyone's disappointment with our environmental policies, and government bureaucracy. I'm a mechanical engineer and it hasn't escaped my attention that our emissions systems for cars are actually making them consume more fuel. Cars are also significantly more costly to repair and will not last anywhere near as long as they otherwise could have.

I personally don't place all the blame on government because I have relatives who work in the big oil industry. In fact my own brother in law is a junior executive at Chevron. Our system of government works through a system of influence and just like environmentalists have influence, so does big oil. Our policies are essentially the culmination of interests of all these groups. At the end of the day this is precisely why you have emission ed cars which make less Co2, but also use a lot more fuel which makes oil producers happy.

This is why I like having my Roxor. Now I have a rig which might last the rest of my life. Thus it's better for the earth because it creates less waste. Meanwhile it also uses less fuel which is good for me and the earth combined.

So what's the ultimate solution? Probably there isn't one. Leaders try to make policy which makes a majority of people happy. It's impossible to make everyone happy. I personally won't just give up and blame the government for all the problems I'm seeing because I'm well aware of who else is to blame. Those same actors want you to focus all your anger at your own government. It's all about channeling people's hostility away and redirecting it elsewhere. The wealthy are masters at this.

Bhayarock

HI All. I read the post here and I can completely understand everyone's disappointment with our environmental policies, and government bureaucracy. I'm a mechanical engineer and it hasn't escaped my attention that our emissions systems for cars are actually making them consume more fuel. Cars are also significantly more costly to repair and will not last anywhere near as long as they otherwise could have.

I personally don't place all the blame on government because I have relatives who work in the big oil industry. In fact my own brother in law is a junior executive at Chevron. Our system of government works through a system of influence and just like environmentalists have influence, so does big oil. Our policies are essentially the culmination of interests of all these groups. At the end of the day this is precisely why you have emission ed cars which make less Co2, but also use a lot more fuel which makes oil producers happy.

This is why I like having my Roxor. Now I have a rig which might last the rest of my life. Thus it's better for the earth because it creates less waste. Meanwhile it also uses less fuel which is good for me and the earth combined.

So what's the ultimate solution? Probably there isn't one. Leaders try to make policy which makes a majority of people happy. It's impossible to make everyone happy. I personally won't just give up and blame the government for all the problems I'm seeing because I'm well aware of who else is to blame. Those same actors want you to focus all your anger at your own government. It's all about channeling people's hostility away and redirecting it elsewhere. The wealthy are masters at this.
Well said, most of the things you said are true, however I would still say that diesel motors owing to the fact they emit more particulate matter and NoX than gasoline is not good. Trust me people here in US are very fortunate that the number of diesel vehicles on road are very less(heavy vehicles only) and even those have particulate filters. In india at some places where emissions are not properly regulated and because of high number of diesel vehicles on road, people are literally breathing on that black rolling coal smoke. You can actually feel the thick smoky air and as a result Asthma or other respiratory issues are very common there.
I'm just stating a fact that people here are very fortunate to breathe in good air that mother nature has. I know couple of diesel vehicles wont make a difference but imagine if there were no emission laws etc.....