ooooooooooo

Roxor Automatic COMING SOON!

nglauer

Founding Member
I'd love a standard for myself, but my wife would want the automatic.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Down East

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I'd love a standard for myself, but my wife would want the automatic.

I refer a standard as a “millennial thef deterrent system”. I have been teaching standard shift operation using low range in the Roxor. Two laps around the field and automatic drivers are ready to learn. Great teaching aid.

nglauer

Founding Member
I'm wondering what the automatic vs manual will mean for a potential PTO option. If they offer the rear PTO.. I'll order whichever transmission works with it. That is the one option I really want to see hit the market soon. It's the only reason I haven't bought one yet.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Manual keeps the wife from driving it. If she can't be bothered to learn how, she gets to drive the truck lol

This chassis can fit an auto, and I've sure some people will come up with a ton of reasons for this and that advantage (many of which not actually being an advantage at all), but IMO and auto will never come close to reliability and longevity of a manual. In nearly every vehicle equipped with autos that I have seen major failures, including my own vehicles, the first major component to fail is the transmission and autos will always be more expensive to own. I plan on keeping this vehicle for an incredibly long time, so these are important things to me.

Beyond that, I value being in tune with my vehicle. No matter the games new OEMs try to play, you never replace that feeling of knowing exactly what is going on behind your foot.

Speedyz

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I find it somewhat funny that Mr Haas vehemently denies that the Roxor can be made street legal "It has a PIN not a VIN". I also find it strange that he seems to get quite upset when the first question asked is "if there will be a street legal kit for it in the works" and refuses to talk about it any further. Knowing how popular the Jeep Segment/Owners are I find it hard to believe that they wouldn't foresee this as an issue. As I read thru the threads on the Team Roxor site I see that by far the most talked about thread is how to make a Roxor street legal as I write this I believe it has 9770 hits the closest to it is around 4500. So there is great interest in making them legal. I'm sure that they have some kind of agreement/Contract with Fiat/Chrysler for not making them legal in the USA. I feel that while I'm sure THEY can't make them street legal that they should embrace those of us who would like to do just that. I haven't purchased my Roxor yet but am in the process of doing so, I'm also not in a big hurry to drive it on the street but someday.....maybe.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Why would they embrace it? There is risk there. The commies in CA and DC will ruin this product if ever they were to get more control over it. Embracing highway travel opens them up to more commy control. Look at the modern Wrangler. It's a 4000lb $40K nightmare keeping only passing resemblance to the leaf sprung, dirt simple, 2300 lb rural life do-it-all augment machine that defeated the Nazis in WW2.

They risk nothing by selling it the way it is and leaving it up to states, with basic logic skills somewhat in tact, to provide a way for their citizens to use this tool to better their quality of life.

Speedyz

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Why would they embrace it? There is risk there. The commies in CA and DC will ruin this product if ever they were to get more control over it. Embracing highway travel opens them up to more commy control. Look at the modern Wrangler. It's a 4000lb $40K nightmare keeping only passing resemblance to the leaf sprung, dirt simple, 2300 lb rural life do-it-all augment machine that defeated the Nazis in WW2.

They risk nothing by selling it the way it is and leaving it up to states, with basic logic skills somewhat in tact, to provide a way for their citizens to use this tool to better their quality of life.

I agree THEY (Roxor/Mahindra) should continue to sell it exactly as it is, otherwise yes they open themselves up to a lengthy list of problems. No I don't think that they can or should make a street legal kit for it. Yes, They should leave it up to each individual state I'm not saying anything different. I'm just saying that obviously people are going to want to make them legal and as we can already see there is great interest in doing so. Perhaps my use of "embace" is to strong of a word.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
IMO they are strategically turning a blind eye. I bet they had some # in mind of people who will buy it given the legal work to fully use. I bet the actual immediate US market is > 10x what their market estimate was lol. Maybe much much more once momentum hits on this. Once the process is hammered out in several states, more people will pile on, and you get two paths. One protected path where the state takes a stand for their citizens. The other the crony path where the state caves to enviro-nazies and pandering-mother type groups (all of which funded by FCA mind you). Once that stabilizes, IMO Mahindra will act or not based on how that goes lol.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The outlier here could be a few more players jump into a similar market using similar tactics making political allies all around.

Think Ford making a 302ci early Bronco UTV or Ford Cobra track kit car lol

Apbt82

Any word on the automatic version? I don't mind manual, if it can run in 2nd or 3rd on the trail most of the time. My knee can't handle constant shifting.

Down East

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Any word on the automatic version? I don't mind manual, if it can run in 2nd or 3rd on the trail most of the time. My knee can't handle constant shifting.

Once you get in touch with your machine you’ll discover that under casual driving with any standard transmission you don’t necessarily need to use the clutch except to stop and start. It’s all in having experience and feel. Technique not for racing just drifting along.

SMF

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I get the logic in introducing Roxor through power sports dealerships. Obviously, the power sports side of the market is large, as evidenced by the fact that it didn't take long for the aftermarket to begin milking greater potential out of the new machine. Reading about what some of the more mechanically talented members of this forum have done to improve their Roxor's performance is quite impressive. It continues to be interesting to learn from them. JP-5 and afterburners cannot be far behind. Others of us, however, may have less tinkering inclination and different utilitarian needs. We may also be reasonably content with Roxor's issued OEM gear ratios and a 45 mph ECU -- excepting, perhaps, a few comfort/cosmetic improvements like a windshield, heater, rear seat, roof that doesn't leak and stronger bumpers. A lot of farmers likely fall into this latter category. Once past this introductory phase, it would be helpful and most convenient if Roxor Hqs saw fit to expand sales venues to include some local Mahindra ag dealers. After all, the ag market is one of the company's stated target audiences for Roxor. Most farmers around here would prefer to buy their Roxors where they purchase their ag equipment -- tractors, implements and parts -- where they have ongoing relationships with the dealership and have established trust in those working there. Lucky for me, my Roxor dealer turned out to be a wonderful fellow. He has a beautiful showroom, a zillion dollar inventory of Indian motorcycles and lots of SUVs that look like Mars rovers, accelerate like Banshees and maybe can even jump tall buildings, but he's 70 miles out of my way. My Mahindra ag dealer is 20 minutes distant and I'm by there frequently. None of his tractors have knobby tires or are painted metallic green with lightning bolts. His place is neat and tidy, but far from glitzy. That image, too, has its appeal. He wishes that he would be allowed to sell Roxor.......and so do several of my neighboring farmers.

i303

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Remember, this is Mahindra’s intro something other than a tractor in to the U.S. market. Let’s see how it turns out. Hopefully Mahibdra is in for the long haul. If they can pass US requirements and shoot for economical options, they will do well. Other manufacturers went for the “let’s add more garbage you don’t need style” and that adds to cost. This is how all the Asian competitors came to the US and now got fat. Now we may see SUV and pickups going well less than competitors. Sometimes you just need a $15000 for 4 wheels and an engine to get the job done and NOT spend $60,000.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Remember, this is Mahindra’s intro something other than a tractor in to the U.S. market. Let’s see how it turns out. Hopefully Mahibdra is in for the long haul. If they can pass US requirements and shoot for economical options, they will do well. Other manufacturers went for the “let’s add more garbage you don’t need style” and that adds to cost. This is how all the Asian competitors came to the US and now got fat. Now we may see SUV and pickups going well less than competitors. Sometimes you just need a $15000 for 4 wheels and an engine to get the job done and NOT spend $60,000.

Preach it brother. This x1000.

Apbt82

Once you get in touch with your machine you’ll discover that under casual driving with any standard transmission you don’t necessarily need to use the clutch except to stop and start. It’s all in having experience and feel. Technique not for racing just drifting along.
Thanks, I might go with the manual then. Hope to pull the trigger before spring!

Singh242

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
bring back the old compact "pickup". they use to be sold brand new for 7k.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
bring back the old compact "pickup". they use to be sold brand new for 7k.

Can't do that! Then the auto industry won't have money to glad hand the politicians who pay homage to the EPA (and other .gov acronym organizations who end up actually enabling the very thing they supposedly are against) who make statutes to keep cars expensive to keep the cycle complete. All the while all involved talk about how "this saves/hurts the planet" or "think of the children" when they have no clue whether it actually does or doesn't do anything.

The men and women welding vehicles together, aka the honest money here, get none of that crony pork. I want them to get paid. To hell with the cronies, their pawns, and the sheeple who empower them.

Singh242

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Can't do that! Then the auto industry won't have money to glad hand the politicians who pay homage to the EPA (and other .gov acronym organizations who end up actually enabling the very thing they supposedly are against) who make statutes to keep cars expensive to keep the cycle complete. All the while all involved talk about how "this saves/hurts the planet" or "think of the children" when they have no clue whether it actually does or doesn't do anything.

The men and women welding vehicles together, aka the honest money here, get none of that crony pork. I want them to get paid. To hell with the cronies, their pawns, and the sheeple who empower them.
totally agree. if EPA was about the environment California would have the cleanest air, considering state has its own EPA department and vehicles have to be designed for California itself. Despite all the rules and regulations California has the worse air quality in the nation, 8 out of 10 most polluted cities are in California (look it up its true). everytime they pass more regulation on diesel vehicles mpg goes down, explain to me how is that helping the environment.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
totally agree. if EPA was about the environment California would have the cleanest air, considering state has its own EPA department and vehicles have to be designed for California itself. Despite all the rules and regulations California has the worse air quality in the nation, 8 out of 10 most polluted cities are in California (look it up its true). everytime they pass more regulation on diesel vehicles mpg goes down, explain to me how is that helping the environment.

Amen. You're absolutely right. Meanwhile the center 90% of the country, where incomes are not hyper-inflated, have to deal with the economic fallout from those morons pushing their cronyism into DC. With how good the boys in Detroit are at making stuff, a $7k, 35MPG 4x4 1/4-ton pickup would be child's play. Remove the cronys and you remove the problems. Imagine the boon this would be to the lower and middle class in fly-over country. Millions of lives improved immediately.

I want some crony to look me in the face and say on record they've done a true recursive test on the amount of pollutants CATs, EGRs, and DPFs actually negate so I can sue them mercilessly so it's all dragged out into the public domain. Ditto that on "buying a new car cuz it's better for the environment". Ditto ditto that on true CAUSATION for their funny correlation based math. Even by their funny numbers this doesn't remotely pass the sniff test. By their #s, the best thing for the environment is a very old vehicle, that suits your needs, running on wood gas or animal fat or something of the sort. I don't see too many cronies driving those.