ooooooooooo

Rear Seats!

TacoJon

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Hey all,
Love the Roxor. One thing that bummed me out a bit was it was only 2 passenger. Honestly, I do not think I would have rear passengers riding along much but I thought occasionally it would be nice. When I got my Roxor it was a demo model and the dealer installed a conventional front-facing Jeep seat. When I purchased it I realized I wanted an enclosure for the winter months but noticed the sharp downward slope of the roll bar and matching OEM enclosure would be an issue.
My solution? I just swapped the seats around. This will allow kids or an unfortunate adult or two to be able to ride in the back with the enclosure top on. It will also offer a *bit* of rollover protection where as the front-facing seats would have passenger's heads totally exposed. The seats do take up a bunch of limited cargo area but luckily I can fold them down and up to free up some space.
Like I said, I don't foresee having many rear passengers, but it will be nice to have the option in a pinch.
Curious if anyone else had done this or if anyone had any other ideas for rear seats they wanted to share. Here are some pics.

20181115_140127.jpg 20181115_140138.jpg 20181115_160704.jpg 20181115_160919.jpg

General

Founding Member
That looks like the Bestop Trailmax II fold-and-tumble seat. Someone else on the forum also got that one, photos uploaded already. Mine is still sitting in the box, same model. Rear-facing orientation seems to meet your objectives of slightly increased headroom and rollover protection, but those factors are less significant for shorter passengers (children) whose heads aren't as protruding from the cab/rollbar.

How did you fortify the mounting holes?

Sonnyd

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
That looks like the Bestop Trailmax II fold-and-tumble seat. Someone else on the forum also got that one, photos uploaded already. Mine is still sitting in the box, same model. Rear-facing orientation seems to meet your objectives of slightly increased headroom and rollover protection, but those factors are less significant for shorter passengers (children) whose heads aren't as protruding from the cab/rollbar.

How did you fortify the mounting holes?
It was actuly pointed out to me by a roxor employee that under every roxor are reinforced mounting holes located for a rear seat, I can't remember if he said cj5 or cj7 spacing. They are kind 0f in line with the front half of the rear wheel well and are always coverd with tape because they paint/bediner right over them. He showed these reinforced holes to me and sure enough they are their. .

TacoJon

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Here is a pic before they the swap around. Even the head rests are exposed past the roll bar. Seems like a quality seat.

20181116_050944.jpg

Jeepish

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I just got my Roxor and am definitely going to put in a backseat. I am seriously considering some fj40/defender 90 style dual bench seats over the wheel wells.. has anyone considered this or tried it? Amazon sells a set (2) folding bench seats for defender 90 that appear to be the same length of the wheel wells on the Roxor for $199. If this works, it would allow room for 4 people in back and seats would fold up out of the way for cargo hauling.

RoxorYooper

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I just got my Roxor and am definitely going to put in a backseat. I am seriously considering some fj40/defender 90 style dual bench seats over the wheel wells.. has anyone considered this or tried it? Amazon sells a set (2) folding bench seats for defender 90 that appear to be the same length of the wheel wells on the Roxor for $199. If this works, it would allow room for 4 people in back and seats would fold up out of the way for cargo hauling.
I put in the bottoms from a couple bus seats.

74C522D8-AF77-46A9-839C-A076121A2AA2.jpeg

General

Founding Member
Simple and cheap, just use a generic 2-inch-thick foam sheet from a fabric store, cover with vinyl sheet, plywood backing, and staple the vinyl onto the bottom side of the plywood.
If you make the size correct (width = wheel well; length = tailgate to front seat), you should be able to use your homemade seats without bolting them to the Roxor, making it easy to remove and won't slide around with normal use.
Great photo @RoxorYooper. How do your attach to the body?

Roxor94

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Nice work. Most of us don’t have the equipment or skills to make this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Nice work. Most of us don’t have the equipment or skills to make this.

If you have a metal Fab shop in town odds are they can bend the pipes into an l shape. Then all you need to do is cut and weld the new pipes in place.

Roxor94

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
If I can do that with a rusty hack saw and a solder gun I’m ready!

Kickinrox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I installed the best top trailmax II fold and tumble the other day. I wanted to have my cooler and/or trail box with me so I installed them a little farther forward than usual. I'm 6ft 220lbs and if I sit in the middle its comfortable. My two boys can still fit just fine. I did figure out that if you mount the front face of the brackets at 35 3/4 inches from the tailgate opening you miss the crossmember under the floor by 3/8th of an inch. So don't go to 36 inches or you will not get the nuts on the bottom of the bolt. But at 35 3/4 inches it fits a yeti 65 behind the folded down seat with about a 1/2 inch to spare. With the seat folded up, i can fit both the cooler and the trail box.

20190618_224326.jpg 20190618_225234.jpg 20190618_225252.jpg 20190618_225756.jpg 20190618_225756.jpg

DAMCars

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
The side mount seats look awesome. I would definitely consider these. You could even unbolt the seat backs and use that cross bar for added utility.

TacoJon

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Anyone have any better pics of the side-mounted seats. The Mahindra page just has one poor image. I am assuming it works only on the large square roll cage and not the smaller wedge-shaped cage?

B

Bister

Listed on Sherwood Tractor:

Mahindra Roxor OEM 11AC00001542 Side Facing Rear Seats Kit

Same lousy pic. Hopefully we'll see better soon.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Yeah, I don't know why they can't get better pictures of the accessories that they want to sell other than the crappy computer generated auto cad drawings. It seems marketing of accessories is not a strong point over there. Maybe I should send them my old iPhone. lol

Tokarev

Anyone seen/used the new side facing seats? I'd like to try a set but don't want to be the forum's test mule....