ooooooooooo

rear bumper

gpfred

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
need help guys--- i bought a hd reciever mount--- bolted it to existing bumper -- not easy due to the two little slots to get a couple bolts in--- pulled my boat and bent the hitch away fron bumped a tad ---- ok got it bent back and welded top of hitch to bumper----- pulled boat -- bent bumper ---- got it bent back--- what are you guys using to pull a load and not bend things---- i see a couple pics of big enclosed trailers and ect hooked up -----

B

Bister

You bought the wrong receiver. Those shouldn't even be sold for a Roxor. Return it. That channel that goes across the rear of a Roxor is not strong enough on its own to support a hitch. I use the Roxor pintle hitch that comes with a 19 pound 3/8" backing plate to support it. If I needed a receiver style, I would go with the Roxor one. Little more money, but I know I'm not going to bend anything.

You are not the first person to bend that rear channel with those bolt on hitches from StrongMade. The hitch might be strong, but the cross member was never meant to just bolt a hitch to the middle of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

465stroker

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
You bought the wrong receiver. Those shouldn't even be sold for a Roxor. Return it. That channel that goes across the rear of a Roxor is not strong enough on its own to support a hitch. I use the Roxor pintle hitch that comes with a 19 pound 3/8" backing plate to support it. If I needed a receiver style, I would go with the Roxor one. Little more money, but I know I'm not going to bend anything.

You are not the first person to bend that rear channel with those bolt on hitches from StrongMade. The hitch might be strong, but the cross member was never meant to just bolt a hitch to the middle of it.
It drive me nuts wondering what some companies are thinking that you could just bolt to that rear cross member. Thank you for this input as it unfortunate some are finding out the hard way.

bordercollie

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I added an EAG rear bumper to my Roxor and will post a picture when I can. Basically though, a piece of channel was placed all the way down the thin oem and bolted at every hole where my hand or a wrench would fit. Then 3/8 plates were welded on each end the Eag was then bolted on. looks good , sturdy and I love the hitch/ step up bumper.

menotu

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I have the pintle hitch on mine and pull my 22' Atec boat no problems

B

Bister

I have factory hitch. Pull 14' cattle trailer, no problem.

If anyone bends either of the factory hitch set ups, I want pictures of what you were hooked on to.
And I want to know what tune they are running, because it's going to take a heck of a tune, traction and load to bend the factory setups. You get what you pay for.

465stroker

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
If anyone bends either of the factory hitch set ups, I want pictures of what you were hooked on to.
And I want to know what tune they are running, because it's going to take a heck of a tune, traction and load to bend the factory setups. You get what you pay for.
It's the aftermarket options that seem to have issue.

gpfred

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
heavy duty aftermarket bolt on hitch---bolts to center of cross member (4) bolts 2 in the middle 2 on bottom-- tried to pull 22 foot alumacraft dual axle trailer 200 yamaha -- 5 blocks down the street and bent----id send pics but m not that saavy on the computer lol

MartyMcfly

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I added an EAG rear bumper to my Roxor and will post a picture when I can. Basically though, a piece of channel was placed all the way down the thin oem and bolted at every hole where my hand or a wrench would fit. Then 3/8 plates were welded on each end the Eag was then bolted on. looks good , sturdy and I love the hitch/ step up bumper.
Hi. I'm also in the market to get a rear bumper/receiver for my roxor but don't can't afford 4 to 500 bucks. How much was your Eag bumper and was it direct fit. Thanks. Please respond to mtmolnar53@gmail.com. Thanks

bordercollie

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I don't do much email so hope you get this.
I found the link to my bumpers on here back in March. They were on sale at that time and even included free shipping. I believe it was from vicious offroad. I posted the prices I paid on a thread but can.t remember exactly but it was less than 400 for both of them left on the doorstep. We can weld so that made it possible but they are NOT a direct fit . The width is right on the ones I ordered though.
We put a piece of thick channel iron with bolt holes cut in everywhere there was one in the oem, (BY clamping it to the thin oem and I took a can of spray paint on the back side and marked all the holes that way) bolted it then on the thin oem at every bolt hole reacheable, and then welded a thick plate that lined up with the mounting brackets on the EAG onto the piece of channel. (We got it lined up by bolting the plates to the EAG and marked the channel ),. Took it off the EAG and then welded to the channel and then bolted the bumper on permanently back on. I see if I can find that thread. bordercollie

KIMG0121 (1).jpg KIMG0120 (1).jpg KIMG0118.jpg KIMG0281.jpg

bordercollie

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The rear bumper was around 125 and the front was in the neighborhood of 250. that was a sale price delivered

MartyMcfly

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Hi Bordercollie,
Got the email, thanks, you did good! Thanks for the quick reply. I can kinda picture how you did the mounting. Its nice to have a Roxor community to help one another. I seen a nice bumper on amazon for about 200 which is inline for what you paid. If you can give me a model # for the rear bumper that would be great, I’ll do some fabricating also. I can weld too but I only have a low end 110v mig welder from Harbor Frieght, not sure if it has the power for anything more than ¼”. I might have to upgrade.. Yes, if you can find that thread or a model # I would appreciate it.

MartyMcfly

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I don't do much email so hope you get this.
I found the link to my bumpers on here back in March. They were on sale at that time and even included free shipping. I believe it was from vicious offroad. I posted the prices I paid on a thread but can.t remember exactly but it was less than 400 for both of them left on the doorstep. We can weld so that made it possible but they are NOT a direct fit . The width is right on the ones I ordered though.
We put a piece of thick channel iron with bolt holes cut in everywhere there was one in the oem, (BY clamping it to the thin oem and I took a can of spray paint on the back side and marked all the holes that way) bolted it then on the thin oem at every bolt hole reacheable, and then welded a thick plate that lined up with the mounting brackets on the EAG onto the piece of channel. (We got it lined up by bolting the plates to the EAG and marked the channel ),. Took it off the EAG and then welded to the channel and then bolted the bumper on permanently back on. I see if I can find that thread. bordercollie

View attachment 4264View attachment 4265View attachment 4266View attachment 4267
Great job, thanks for the pics.

MartyMcfly

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy

Thanks, I didn't know that. I almost bought the Strongmade unit.

bordercollie

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
This is one of the links . The sale price is listed in the header ( $123) but not in the post - maybe it was edited after the sale went off., or I still need to find the right one. If I remember correctly it needs to be for a 87-06 tj jeep. The later ones won't do according to what I read. Just be sure to check the measurements as far as length . Will keep looking for that mystery post https://teamroxor.com/threads/eag-tj-bumper-works-easy-to-fab-and-on-sale-123.1049/ I am sure gratefull to the original poster- Isure need to find that thread and thank him.

bordercollie

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
If your question is directed at me, I'm measure it in the morning and post back . It is very close though to original and does not look wonky. ( Click on above pictures to see larger picture of the set mounted). I use the rear bumper constantly on the farm (off road only) and pull mineral troughs on skids with no problems as well as small fallen trees and clumps of large limbs . That is unless the calf scale is in the hitch (Oct -Dec) .
We did a dry run with each bumper before welding anything to see how much room we had to "play " with. As you can see in the front bumper picture once enlarged, there is very little spare room between the fender and the bumper but it did fit, with ,the sized plate we used to weld and use as a mount. The plate has to be thick enough to work though and the size I posted is doing good for me.