ooooooooooo

Possibly what the 2021 ROXOR will look like

Tokarev

I assume we'll see at least some of this for 2021. It actually doesn't look too bad.

a4670e6baf82048769829ff405e53f88.jpg

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
80e54187574ad702484f5776edf64414.jpg

Tokarev

Last edited:

Spanky

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I'm willing to bet the 2021 wont look much like Jeep at all. The front clips from the teasers I've seen doesn't jive with the image above. But who knows. All I know ,is my 2018 is looking better and better every day.....

Tokarev

Sneak peak photos of the new ROXOR front end indicate that the hood will be even with the fenders with headlights moved out left and right to the edges of the wider grill. Still, as far as I've seen, there have been no actual photos just computer drawings. We may yet not have seen what the 2021 models will actually look like.

Even then, I assume the ROXOR body will share much of the Thar body. Same shape in the door area and the angled step around the rear and across the tail gate.

The new Thar apoears to be IFS. Was the outgoing model a solid axle? Will IFS be part of the ROXOR?

Tokarev

I like it. Change the grill/front end enough to appease FCA and import it as a street legal vehicle.

SMF

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
No. This is the new Thar. You will not see this in the USA.
Especially after the current lawsuit.

I really like my Roxor and appreciate that lots of effort, expense and dedication went into Mahindra getting it to North America. It has been a great ride so far. Don't need the creature comfort of the new Thar. Jeep already went down that road -- they fill supermarket parking lots, snorkels and all. In Roxor life simpler, we can add what we want and can afford. Pity Mahindra grossly underestimated our country's litigious society and that the FCA's corporate equivalent of ambulance chasers would find grille slots and hood latches so opportunistically offensive. However, when Roxor model years 18 and 19 (and 20?) imagery vanishes from MANA official websites like they never even happened, and model unique parts availability rapidly dry up, all without explanation, it leaves many owners (among circa 5,000?) to speculate about what's going on. Perhaps, MANA is so busy running from the FCA law suit that any consideration of leaving customers in the lurch is just incidental damage in the eyes of big business. On the other hand, being a kinder and gentler outfit, maybe MANA has an as yet undisclosed plan for those who put their confidence in Roxor from the start -- at least, in the form of a commitment deal to support the first models, vice some forfeit or else dictate. My dealer is clueless when it comes to what's unfolding on this front. In the interim, MANA's "let them (i.e., us owners) eat cake" silence is far less excusable. It's an off-road design, not nuclear submarine secrets. Regardless, suspect most owners of "original Roxors" would never consider relinquishing them, whatever the play out. Get that it is possible to be legally persuaded/forced to reinvent and market a chipmunk as being faster, stronger and "freakier," but in the meantime, wake us when the tedious 2021 reveal reaches the windshield. At this rate, maybe the first one should be painted yellow.

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I really like my Roxor and appreciate that lots of effort, expense and dedication went into Mahindra getting it to North America. It has been a great ride so far. Don't need the creature comfort of the new Thar. Jeep already went down that road -- they fill supermarket parking lots, snorkels and all. In Roxor life simpler, we can add what we want and can afford. Pity Mahindra grossly underestimated our country's litigious society and that the FCA's corporate equivalent of ambulance chasers would find grille slots and hood latches so opportunistically offensive. However, when Roxor model years 18 and 19 (and 20?) imagery vanishes from MANA official websites like they never even happened, and model unique parts availability rapidly dry up, all without explanation, it leaves many owners (among circa 5,000?) to speculate about what's going on. Perhaps, MANA is so busy running from the FCA law suit that any consideration of leaving customers in the lurch is just incidental damage in the eyes of big business. On the other hand, being a kinder and gentler outfit, maybe MANA has an as yet undisclosed plan for those who put their confidence in Roxor from the start -- at least, in the form of a commitment deal to support the first models, vice some forfeit or else dictate. My dealer is clueless when it comes to what's unfolding on this front. In the interim, MANA's "let them (i.e., us owners) eat cake" silence is far less excusable. It's an off-road design, not nuclear submarine secrets. Regardless, suspect most owners of "original Roxors" would never consider relinquishing them, whatever the play out. Get that it is possible to be legally persuaded/forced to reinvent and market a chipmunk as being faster, stronger and "freakier," but in the meantime, wake us when the tedious 2021 reveal reaches the windshield. At this rate, maybe the first one should be painted yellow.
Are you a lawyer by chance?

Tokarev

No. This is the new Thar. You will not see this in the USA.
Especially after the current lawsuit.
I am sure we won't see this exact model imported but I wonder what features from the new Thar might carry over into the 2021 ROXOR.

The new front end seems kind of Liberty.
fa66c297e0a4d438a244403d44886c13.jpg

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I am sure we won't see this exact model imported but I wonder what features from the new Thar might carry over into the 2021 ROXOR.

The new front end seems kind of Liberty. View attachment 7325

Zero. It'll have the same features the 2018-2020 Roxor had from the Thar, zero features. They are 2 different markets. The Roxor is off road, the Thar is an SUV in India.

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
The frame and axles are not changing, MANA has already stated that. Only the body is changing. If they were to make it look like the Thar, they would be in court again for the same lawsuit. The Thar is IFS. The frame is based on the CJ7. They're almost identical, as well as the body support structure underneath. The only similarities that the Thar and Roxor share are that they are both derivative from the Jeep, and both made by Mahindra.

Tokarev

The frame and axles are not changing, MANA has already stated that. Only the body is changing. If they were to make it look like the Thar, they would be in court again for the same lawsuit. The Thar is IFS. The frame is based on the CJ7. They're almost identical, as well as the body support structure underneath. The only similarities that the Thar and Roxor share are that they are both derivative from the Jeep, and both made by Mahindra.
Again; not saying that the Thar is going to be imported. Just wondering if any of the new stuff will find its way into the ROXOR.

As I understand it the ROXOR is based in large part on the old Thar. Not a 100% exact model but very close in many regards including the running gear and axles.

What other countries other than the US and Canada is the ROXOR exported to? And is the ROXOR market big enough to support a dedicated production line?