ooooooooooo

Performance 2.7L

Bob R1

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
When reading about someone wanting a new machine all you hear about 2023 and 2024 2.7L Machines is NO TUNE so far. You would think the machine was totally useless without a Tune just reading.

I am reasonably sure that the majority of the older 2.5L Machines in use are Bone Stock, with No Tune, and doing fine for the owner.

I have a 03/2024 2.7L Base Model with a Fortress Roof and Fortress Windshield. I also swapped the Stock Tires for 235/85R16's, which are 32". Where I live, I drive Trails, County Maintained Roads, and in Town. I get on some State Highway in a couple locations between County Roads for about One Mile where I normally drive. My driving on Trails, County Maintained Roads, and in Town is at speeds between around 10 MPH and 40 MPH which is about 95% of my driving, or a little more. On the Limited runs on the Black Top Highway with the 32" Tires I can get over 50 MPH. My 2.7L Machine runs just fine Bone Stock.

Will I get a Tune when someone gets it worked out? Probably. Am I going to worry about it, and lose sleep? NO

A little more Horse Power would be handy when on pavement. Getting a few more miles per hour out of the machine might be handy once in a while, on pavement. Custom Tuning the Intake Heater for where you live might be a good thing. Recalibrating the Computer for the Tire Size on the machine would be very handy if that can be done. Winding out a few more RPM's in each Gear would be good. I am 100% sure that I would like a Stage One Tune on my machine. I am also 100% sure that I can live with it without a Tune, and not lose any sleep. It runs just fine, does not smoke, and I do not notice any diesel exhaust smell driving it. All good things.

A Tune would probably be good for those in locations where driving up steep hills at higher end speeds would be a consideration. Keep in mind the newer machines besides having a 2.7L engine also have 5.38 Gears, and not 3.73's. The 5.38's have an impact on just how fast the machine will run.

My point being, getting a NEW 2.7L 2023 or 2024 machine is not a handicap for normal use by most of us who do not drive on highways for longer than a few minutes at a time.

Bob R

Last edited:
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I agree. I am happy with my 2.7L and enjoy the clean burning tier 4 emission. I understand that I am trading performance for cleaner emission. I would not mind a tune, but not if the tune causes it to belch unburned diesel and smells like my old tractor.