ooooooooooo

Impact of Tune on Low Gear Performance

meyerld

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I am still totally stock but am looking at the various tune options. I know this topic in general has been exhaustively covered but my specific question does not appear to have been. Do the tunes make the vehicle faster in the low gears to the point where its not as good for low-speed trail riding?

I use my Roxor on the farm and need good low speed performance, to the point where sometimes even 1st gear in 2 Hi is a bit fast and I need to drop down to 4 Lo. On the other hand I also need to travel down some roads and have already experienced a line of folks patiently waiting behind me as I top out at 45 mph, so it would be beneiical to have a better top end.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
No effect on it. To change what your talking about in low gears you would need to change your axle gear ratio. Only change will be the top speed limiter will be removed and you can travel faster than 45. So tune it and get some more power and the speed limiter removed. Putting along around the farm you’ll have the same problem of deciding if 2 hi or 4 lo is the appropriate speed/gear combo unless you regear the axles to another ratio.

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
:-(
I am still totally stock but am looking at the various tune options. I know this topic in general has been exhaustively covered but my specific question does not appear to have been. Do the tunes make the vehicle faster in the low gears to the point where its not as good for low-speed trail riding?

I use my Roxor on the farm and need good low speed performance, to the point where sometimes even 1st gear in 2 Hi is a bit fast and I need to drop down to 4 Lo. On the other hand I also need to travel down some roads and have already experienced a line of folks patiently waiting behind me as I top out at 45 mph, so it would be beneiical to have a better top end.

I have Vivid stage 1. As txroadkill stated, it gives better top end in high range but in the mountains in Colorado it was wonderful in the low range with top end about 25 mph or so in low range. Yes that's the same as oem would allow due to rpm but the extra grunt is there. I was pulling step rocky inclines in 3rd and 4th at 10 and 15 mph. I would lug if you went to low in a higher gear but it would just go and go. Loved the black smoke rings when I lugged it a tad to much. poooop pooop. Lol.

More power is more power regardless of gear or high or low range. Get it tuned.

BDRAG

meyerld

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Thanks, very helpful. Checking out the Vivid site it says a feature is that 2WD left foot braking is enabled. I can't think of what this could be as on a standard we all usually brake with the left foot.

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
:-(
Go with Diesel Freak tune. Vivid is not really a player anymore.

So what is the difference between tuners? Is there any issues with any of them or just a preference due to pricing? Real question

BDRAG

Kake America

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
To answer your other question, the left foot braking is a feature where if you have the brake applied it will cut out the throttle. Much like if your seatbelt is not clicked in. I found out because my parking brake was not releasing very good (frozen) so I was trying to drag the brake a little to create some heat and the throttle kept cutting out on me.

Bfree

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Go with Diesel Freak tune. Vivid is not really a player anymore.
Vivid Racing did mine originally back a 1.5 yrs ago and I haven't had any issues, until I recently did the EGR delete on my Roxy. I didn't have them do the EGR delete up front because I didn't know it was an option back then. After the delete, I had an engine light come on, so I contacted them and they said send it to them at no extra charge. I sent it and had it back in under week. I'll be reinstalling it this weekend. So Vivid Racing is still a player in the ECM re-flash business. Not knocking Diesel Freaks at all, I'm sure they are just as good in the customer service area, I'm just telling you about my experience with VR.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Vivid is still servicing the Roxor market between their tunes and Agency doors. It’s just that diesel freaks has a stronger social media presence. They were both huge back in 18/19 but it seems vivid hasn’t done as much as diesel freaks in the marketing dept. Either one is a great choice And there are other choices also on the market as well. I have vivid on mine, does what it says and the turn around was great. Flip a coin with either...

MAGAHAWK

vehicle speed is in direct proportion engine RPM: 62 hp @ 1000 Rpm will produce same vehicle speed as 125 hp @ 1000 RPM. It's all about gear ratios not HP or Torque