ooooooooooo

Opinions appreciated

bordercollie

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Wow !!! Thank ya'll for taking the time to post the comments and also the video. ! That is very helpful.
. I believe I've learned more information on this site than some dealers out there . I have found a very kind speaking one so hope to buy from him.
I have 2 quotes coming on the Roxor of my dreams if available. Hopefully a red or blue LE... I have a quote on a black from motivated dealer.. I'm trying to get a deal ( I hope ) with a hardtop. and am pricing a "deal on a windshield. Otherwise those windshields are really up there. I did see some on amazon but sure liked the quick release on the oem.I will let ya'll know the winning quote when and if I make a deal .
One more thing I didn't fall in love with was that tall steering wheel , I 'rather short anyway and that steering wheel is way taller than I'm used to.

Last edited:
B

Bister

A hacksaw and a machinist could shorten the steering column. It's not impossible. And a good one could make it tilt. lol

bordercollie

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Thank you Bister, haha, I'd feel right at home then. I seriously may have to look at that. By the way, whats the"Old dog seat "listed in your "profile" ? True seat or parable ? My collie wants one after she saw that mentioned. Might be a good idea because her toenails are used to my seats detriment.

B

Bister

Sienna is just over 16 years old and getting really bad in the back hips. Lots of lifting, no jumping, ramp at house; so I built a box/seat for her with some carpet underlay on it for some grip. This is the original version. It was modified after she was standing and misstepped out of it, landing by my feet and we ended up parked in a snowy ditch when it was done. I since added the side board and am way more careful. I can lift it out easily if needed. Lots of prototyping. OSB and screws. I can get better pics or a short video of it if you want. Video would show it best.

In the summer once I take the cab off, I’ll have to add more to the outside

6D072CD7-1DD0-449F-893E-BFE0518DB6F5.jpeg
8AC167F0-6202-463C-B767-02D5F127946E.jpeg
88C4C7BB-6470-4940-B0CD-340C9D872CF9.jpeg

OldMasterTech

Wow !!! Thank ya'll for taking the time to post the comments and also the video. ! That is very helpful.
The salesman was very young and not too familiar with the Roxor. I believe I've learned more information on this forum than he was privy to as a salesman. But he was very nice.. My second dealer is very motivated and is attempting to see if a 2018 red or blue LE is available but has other colors in stock- multiple hrs drive to him though.
I have 2 quotes coming on the Roxor of my dreams if available. Hopefully a red or blue LE... I have a quote on a black from the motivated dealer.. I'm trying to get a deal ( I hope ) with a hardtop. and am pricing a "deal on a windshield. Otherwise those windshields are really up there. I did see some on amazon but sure liked the quick release on the oem.I will let ya'll know the winning quote when and if I make a deal .
One more thing I didn't fall in love with was that tall steering wheel , I 'rather short anyway and that steering wheel is way taller than I'm used to.
What, no orange!? :)

bordercollie

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Sienna is just over 16 years old and getting really bad in the back hips. Lots of lifting, no jumping, ramp at house; so I built a box/seat for her with some carpet underlay on it for some grip. This is the original version. It was modified after she was standing and misstepped out of it, landing by my feet and we ended up parked in a snowy ditch when it was done. I since added the side board and am way more careful. I can lift it out easily if needed. Lots of prototyping. OSB and screws. I can get better pics or a short video of it if you want. Video would show it best.

In the summer once I take the cab off, I’ll have to add more to the outside

View attachment 3319View attachment 3320View attachment 3321
Bister, Sienna is a beautiful pup That's a great seat you have for her on the Roxor. I would like to know more about it when you have time. I greatly respect folks that take care of their "kids" .

B

Bister

Bister, Sienna is a beautiful pup That's a great seat you have for her on the Roxor. I would like to know more about it when you have time. I greatly respect folks that take care of their "kids" .
Maybe Tuesday I can do up a little video, that’s the easiest way to show it. It lifts out easy. Just clears everything. The front corner is zip tied to the “holy crap” handle and there is a support board to the floor right by the T case shifter.

Busy cleaning snowmobile trails tomorrow.

bordercollie

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
What, no orange!? :)

Haha !! I'm about sick of orange as of today- I just broke something else on the oranger while actually driving through muddy fields trying to reach that dry grass fire on top of the wet stuff. ( the grass didn't know it was wet under there.) :oops:

B

Bister

Not the best pictures of the dog seat. I'll get you some better ones tomorrow. these are just what I found on my laptop. I added another piece of OSB to the left to keep her from falling out. The board across the front was to keep her from standing right up against the glass and when she lays down her feet go under it.

I'll lift it out tomorrow and get a couple pictures.

IMG_4446.JPG
IMG_4462.JPG
IMG_4463.JPG
IMG_4464.JPG
IMG_5525.JPG

bordercollie

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
That's perfect for a pup's safety. I look forward to learning more about the puppy seat for my overactive collie. (It definitely would help protect the seat from those toenails. :) I have a harness on the rtv to keep Dixie from falling off. She broke her hip last year !

KPelkey

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Thank ya'll for the insight. I am really torn about this choice I need to make by summer. It will be either a Roxor or a RTV like I have. My budget is no more that 17g. Once I buy one or the other any mods will be out of range for my pocketbook. Aggressive tires are a necessity. Down here in MS right now its extremely wet with standing water on many fields for long distances. I was wondering about aggressive tires 26". The Blackwater Evolutions I have bought 2 sets during 4'000 hrs of use and are/was 8 ply ( 26 11 12 )in rear and have heavy weight ratings (my Kubota rtv 900 weighs 2,000 lbs) and it's hard to tell when they are low on air even then. ( I ran over a wooden spike and ruined one of the rears other wise they still had good lugs.) They are rated for about 30 psi . So do ya'll think I could use such a similar tire? I won't be going fast -at most 35 on small sections of pavement between fields. Usually in the pastures, I'd be going much slower.. I'd be tagging / weighing calves putting out minerals, spraying fence rows etc... a purely work machine. The lockers sound like a necessity for me, So mainly I'm not buying for speed but getting me where I need to go and do my farm work. There are many places I won't dare take the rtv because it will not throw mud but just sinks... Only prayers get me home in those instances.
Also this engine I know very little about , if well maintained, how long will it go without serious fixes. I'd expect a lot of it as far as worry free. What do ya'll think. I do like simple and the underside looks good. I like the looks of the driveshafts and automotive like possibility of diy parts installation. for example the one piece 4wd ds on the bota is over 600 for the part alone.
Thank ya'll again for taking the time to help me sort this out. ..
Just put mine up for sale only has a few hundred miles on it and it's stock Ellie loaded model roof winch light bar aluminum wheels all-terrain ta BFGoodrich tires and I put a brand new best top seat in the back

IMG_20180608_171708706.jpg

bordercollie

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
That's a good looking machine . I've got to go bare bones because of my pocketbook ..but that a real temptation !!

B

Bister

Here is the little video of the "old dog seat" for Sienna. It's nothing fancy, "Function over Fashion".
I might get around to painting my add-ons some nice summer day.

bordercollie

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
A video is also worth a thousand words ! :) I'm going to do this- It's an excellent safety measure for the pups out there in the Roxor world as well as saving the Roxor's seat from those toenails. Dixie loves to ride too. I see Sienna looking out the window in one of your pictures. Pups are truly a best friend. Thank you again for your efforts .

B

Bister

I never really thought of it much till you brought it up, but I have already seen a few pics of "Dogs and Roxor's" and folks looking for a harness. It would be kind of a niche accessory, but most farmers/ranchers take their dog with them, also many recreational users. A good quality, versatile dog seat/harness would be a good accessory for some. In my old Rhino and when Sienna was much younger, I put a cheap seat cover just on the passenger side because when she got a bit muddy or wet, that seat was hell for her to try and stay on. People will spend a bit of money to make sure their pet is safe and secure.

This is her from 2010.

B

Bister

Make sure you post what you come up with for a "Sienna Seat" or "Dixie Davenport". A harness would defiantly be a bonus.

I just used scraps I had around the shop, but folks could come up with seat that is safe and easy to be cleaned and removable.

Last edited by a moderator: