ooooooooooo

OEM Heater

B

Bister

I swear by the OEM heater ($349 from your dealer) and I am sure there are those that will disagree with me, so this is just my opinion for my Roxor and information for those looking for a heater.

The heater is plumbed direct, no T or Y fittings, and the Roxor is pre-wired for it and if you add the defrost kit, you don’t have to cut your dash up for the install. The whole install can be done in around an hour or 2. It also comes complete, so no running around for fittings, clamps, hose, wiring or a switch to fit the dash . The new Roxors also have the holes pre-drilled in the fire wall (6 hole heater, same unit).

Here’s a clip of the heater. Air temp around 165F and core around 190F. This was running down the road with the outside temperature just a few degrees below freezing.

Yes, you can buy a heater for cheaper, but by time you get all the parts needed for install and get it in, I didn’t think it was worth the few bucks I'd save, so I went this route and glad I did. My time is worth something and I really don’t think you can get a cleaner install. Once it is in, you don’t even know it’s there other than the defrost kit, which can easily be removed if not needed.

I have an install video of the original single speed heater on my Youtube page. They have since upgraded it to a 2 speed. I only use Hi and LO, so I'm sure that would be sufficient for most.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Unfortunately they are on backorder. I have one on order since I think October. Patiently waiting...

B

Bister

Unfortunately they are on backorder. I have one on order since I think October. Patiently waiting...
That sucks. I just saw a couple posts on Facebook where guys just got them installed. Maybe they were on back order to and they just got them. Maybe a quick call to your dealer just in case.

MNROXOR

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Bister,
Thanks for the information on the OEM heater. I’m in Minnesota and have been trying to decide on a heater. I don’t plan on using my Roxor much this winter, but the heater will definitely feel good when I do.

B

Bister

Bister,
Thanks for the information on the OEM heater. I’m in Minnesota and have been trying to decide on a heater. I don’t plan on using my Roxor much this winter, but the heater will definitely feel good when I do.
I'm a bit north of you. lol

Other have done heaters off eBay and Amazon etc and they did a nice job of putting them in, but for me I liked that everything is made to fit. This heater core is used in a lot of UTV kits. It's from UPI; you can see it's common core.
Universal Parts Inc. | High Performance Automotive Cooling | Humboldt, IA

Vetdawg

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I just installed the OEM 2 speed heater and have to agree with Bister it is a good product that was very easy to install. It seems to warm things up really well and is quieter than I thought it would be. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a heater.

B

Bister

I just installed the OEM 2 speed heater and have to agree with Bister it is a good product that was very easy to install. It seems to warm things up really well and is quieter than I thought it would be. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a heater.
You will have the new squirrel cage heater if its 2 speed. I think a squirrel cage blower is quieter than the regular blade fan I have.

Did you add the defrost kit? If you did, if you open it up with a few more holes, it is even better. The way they come from Roxor, they restrict the air flow. I have a video on my Youtube page if you want it.

I did the mods, but then I just took out the vents also, that makes a huge difference if you want to test it before you cut anything, if you do want to open it up.

Vetdawg

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
You will have the new squirrel cage heater if its 2 speed. I think a squirrel cage blower is quieter than the regular blade fan I have.

Did you add the defrost kit? If you did, if you open it up with a few more holes, it is even better. The way they come from Roxor, they restrict the air flow. I have a video on my Youtube page if you want it.

I did the mods, but then I just took out the vents also, that makes a huge difference if you want to test it before you cut anything, if you do want to open it up.
Hey yes I have the squirrel cage blower and it works very well and is fairly quiet. I did not add defrost kit but think I am going to order it as it does look like a good design. Appreciate the tips on making it work better, as always your insight is greatly appreciated.

B

Bister

Hey yes I have the squirrel cage blower and it works very well and is fairly quiet. I did not add defrost kit but think I am going to order it as it does look like a good design. Appreciate the tips on making it work better, as always your insight is greatly appreciated.
By running the heater without the kit first, you know how much air it can move and how good the heater is. When I put the defrost kit on, that's when I noticed such a big reduction in air flow and opened it up. I like the OEM kit cause I didn't have to cut the dash to install defrost and it came complete with everything to install including being presided. And I hang my garage door opener and crap on it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mark Hubbs

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have the two speed. It was installed by the dealer. It seems to work well, but it had not had a big test yet here in Alabama. I just installed the Hard Cab from Dirtlegal and unfortunatly the defrost blows mostly on the big windshield handle.

B

Bister

I have the two speed. It was installed by the dealer. It seems to work well, but it had not had a big test yet here in Alabama. I just installed the Hard Cab from Dirtlegal and unfortunatly the defrost blows mostly on the big windshield handle.
Sucks about the handle but it will probably still clear the window.....hopefully.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I swear by the OEM heater ($349 from your dealer) and I am sure there are those that will disagree with me, so this is just my opinion for my Roxor and information for those looking for a heater.

The heater is plumbed direct, no T or Y fittings, and the Roxor is pre-wired for it and if you add the defrost kit, you don’t have to cut your dash up for the install. The whole install can be done in around an hour or 2. It also comes complete, so no running around for fittings, clamps, hose, wiring or a switch to fit the dash . The new Roxors also have the holes pre-drilled in the fire wall (6 hole heater, same unit).

Here’s a clip of the heater. Air temp around 165F and core around 190F. This was running down the road with the outside temperature just a few degrees below freezing.

Yes, you can buy a heater for cheaper, but by time you get all the parts needed for install and get it in, I didn’t think it was worth the few bucks I'd save, so I went this route and glad I did. My time is worth something and I really don’t think you can get a cleaner install. Once it is in, you don’t even know it’s there other than the defrost kit, which can easily be removed if not needed.

I have an install video of the original single speed heater on my Youtube page. They have since upgraded it to a 2 speed. I only use Hi and LO, so I'm sure that would be sufficient for most.

What is the BTU ? Does it have 3 speed Fan ? Ducted directional outlets ? .....?

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The Jegs 3 outlet ducted heater far exceeds the OEM one. At 255.00 you get 300 CFM 40,000 BTU three speed fan switch, a complete ducting hose set up with snap in directional outlets. My wife really liked this feature on a frosty morning where she could direct heat to hands and body. I did drill. 2 holes in dash for the directional lovers. The third I have heat directed to top of my feet. The heater was an easy install, mounted totally under the dash. Mounted to the firewall.