ooooooooooo

New to Roxor

texastodd

Hello-

I'm considering buying a roxor for management of a small acreage that I own as well as hunting and overall fun. I'm really having mixed signals as to whether to get one or not over a side by side. I live in Oklahoma and will be following this forum over the next few months hearing what everyone has to say both good and bad. Thank you for any feedback and information. Another consideration is the weight of the unit. I like going to Colorado and playing in the mountains and I obviously want to take whatever I buy along with me and the heavy weight of this unit concerns me. I currently own a 2011 Nissan Titan.

Jimij

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Hello-

I'm considering buying a roxor for management of a small acreage that I own as well as hunting and overall fun. I'm really having mixed signals as to whether to get one or not over a side by side. I live in Oklahoma and will be following this forum over the next few months hearing what everyone has to say both good and bad. Thank you for any feedback and information. Another consideration is the weight of the unit. I like going to Colorado and playing in the mountains and I obviously want to take whatever I buy along with me and the heavy weight of this unit concerns me. I currently own a 2011 Nissan Titan.
My biggest dislike is the open differentials...I really don’t understand why factory lockers aren’t standard.
But I knew that going in plan to upgrade the situation. Other than that I enjoy this machine and appreciate what it can do vs my Polaris side by side

jose

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
My biggest dislike is the open differentials...I really don’t understand why factory lockers aren’t standard.
But I knew that going in plan to upgrade the situation. Other than that I enjoy this machine and appreciate what it can do vs my Polaris side by side

They are coming standard 2019 models onwards.

Woodsman74881

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Welcome, I am in OK also. Don't hesitate. I run a small farm and use my Roxor far more than I ever did my Viking. They are different types of vehicles however. Different capabilities. I haul my Roxor to Wyoming and to Utah. It does fine in the mountains. Unless you are doing lots of steep or muddy, the open diffs work fine for me. I can definetly see an advantage to having a locker in the rear for sure if the need arose. I havn't had the need yet, for what I do, the open diffs work fine.

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I’ve had mine for 6 months now and I’ve been very happy with it. I hope to drive it for the next 30 years.

Flatlander

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I also have a 19’ with open diff’s. All depends on what type of use your looking to get out of it. I use mine for farm use and will also end up in Colorado with it a couple weeks in the summer. I’ve had 8 different side by sides in 3 different brands in the last 12 years. I average at least 3000 miles a year running around. My biggest problem with side by sides was their life span for the $. I could pretty much wear one out within 3 years. Always found myself trying to haul too much or pull something too heavy. Still remains to be seen but I’m hoping the Roxor is just getting broke in nice around 3 years. Side by sides still have their place but I would say mainly for recreational use.

Driver8

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I also have a 19’ with open diff’s. All depends on what type of use your looking to get out of it. I use mine for farm use and will also end up in Colorado with it a couple weeks in the summer. I’ve had 8 different side by sides in 3 different brands in the last 12 years. I average at least 3000 miles a year running around. My biggest problem with side by sides was their life span for the $. I could pretty much wear one out within 3 years. Always found myself trying to haul too much or pull something too heavy. Still remains to be seen but I’m hoping the Roxor is just getting broke in nice around 3 years. Side by sides still have their place but I would say mainly for recreational use.

The Roxor better do more than 3 years at 3k miles. Should I get the Roxor, my use would be for rural commuting. Ill be traveling between many rural locations. Heck, Its 15 miles just to get a loaf of bread. That 30 miles round trip. I should probably give up the bread anyway :LOL:. Depending on who calls or what the job is on any given day I might travel 180 miles in a day. Some dirt, some road, some just plain muck! From what Im gathering, the Roxor is for work, more than fun. The tow capacity is really great. Better than any sxs that Im aware of. The diesel is another clue. I have a good feeling this little mule will stick around a while but that remains to be seen. One really good side note is the Roxor is pretty bare bones so its pretty easy to much of your own maintenance..... If you get spares:rolleyes:

jose

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
That's interesting, you must have some inside info, nothing listed anywhere about lockers being standard in 2019.

What type?

Sorry wrong info on my part. It is actually skid plates that comes standard. Don't know how I misplaced that!!

Bfree

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I bought mine for my farm and running the rural area as well. I came from a Honda SXS and although it had its place, I haven't missed it a bit. Although I just sold the farm and Im not going to be using it in the way I 1st intended I will be keeping it. Its the Mrs Favorite of all the 4 different SXSs we have had over the yrs. Like you weight is an issue and I will be towing it out to Colorado this summer too, so now Im looking to upgrade my DD just to accomodate my Roxy.

Kyjondeere

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy

This sums up my use and experience with traditional side by sides. I would put 3-4K miles per year on them and they just didn't hold up. It was always something with them after the first 1-2K miles. Mine were also high revving and noisy and really not very relaxing for my use. I've really enjoyed my Roxor so far.

Flatlander

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I’ve always pretty much sold my old sxs’s privately. They’ve always looked really nice yet but were starting to get up there in miles....at least according to a dealer. When their acting like something with 6-9k miles is high mileage and not worth much let’s face it, that shouldn’t be that much for the price of these things. Especially when the quality of them is going backwards more every year. More plastic, more $, and more CHINA on everything.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I live on a private road and some acreage. Sold my UTV that never was right for the job and got beat up pretty good for it. Quite pleased with the upgrade.

I'm going to really love the AG implements for this thing.