ooooooooooo

New Member from Missouri

John Dunn

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Picked up a 2019 Roxor, very excited, this thing is a blast to drive around. From Mid-Missouri, trying to get a handle on the street legal thing in this area. So far talked with a High Way Patrol member, he stated he would probably never stop someone driving the Roxor simply because it looks so much like a licensed vehicle. If it had plates it would all be good for street operation. Still investigating getting it plates. Until it is plated, it will be driven around with an ag Orange triangle on it as farm equipment or other UTV's in this area. On a budget, so adding options to the unit will be on a monthly budget basis, can't wait. Will be looking at other members for info on options/upgrades to purchase. Thanks for letting me join.

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
:-(
Picked up a 2019 Roxor, very excited, this thing is a blast to drive around. From Mid-Missouri, trying to get a handle on the street legal thing in this area. So far talked with a High Way Patrol member, he stated he would probably never stop someone driving the Roxor simply because it looks so much like a licensed vehicle. If it had plates it would all be good for street operation. Still investigating getting it plates. Until it is plated, it will be driven around with an ag Orange triangle on it as farm equipment or other UTV's in this area. On a budget, so adding options to the unit will be on a monthly budget basis, can't wait. Will be looking at other members for info on options/upgrades to purchase. Thanks for letting me join.
Welcome from Texas.

BDRAG

Collin S.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Welcome from Southern California! I’m on a budget too so I upgrade as I can afford. You’ll have a great time with this machine.

Bob R

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Welcome from Texas County.
County Roads, as well as City Streets in lots of rural areas are no problem for a side by side. Some areas require a Sticker and Proof of Insurance, others areas only a Flag or Triangle.
Still researching getting Tags on one in Missouri.

Bob R

John Dunn

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Welcome from Texas County.
County Roads, as well as City Streets in lots of rural areas are no problem for a side by side. Some areas require a Sticker and Proof of Insurance, others areas only a Flag or Triangle.
Still researching getting Tags on one in Missouri.

Bob R
Bob,
I would be very interested if you come up with anything that helps with getting tags in Missouri. I have look at a few things, I have found that the Roxor is not covered under any Missouri Laws. Missouri UTV is considered any Vehicle under 50 inches wide and under 1500 Lbs. Missouri Off Road is considered any vehicle under 2000 lbs and is equip'd with off road ATV type tires. So the Roxor at 3000 lbs and basically street tires falls in never never land. I did talk with a State Trooper who said he would not be stopping a Roxor on the street just because it looks like a regular older Jeep. I am also going to chat up the DMV about it soon as the Covid19 crapped dies down a little. Our DMV is swamped right now, so it may be awhile.

John D

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
You’ll have to dig into your state options. You likely have one or two routes. One thing to consider, driving it illegally on road in the event if an accident is not a situation you ever want to be in.

Semperfi

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Sorry to burst your bubble. I had DIRT-ILLEGAL swap paper work and a lot of $$$$$$, drove what I thought was now legal for two years. Missouri Dept of Revenue ( 2 State Troopers ) and an hour at my dining room table with their ducks in a row, informed me that the Roxor is not and will not be legal for operation on public roads. Jefferson City, Mo sent paper work stating their ERROR! Of course they won't refund any $$$$ At that time about (December of 2019) They said that they knew of three other Roxors in Missouri and one was in Houston! Probably yours so be aware. There are many Roxors in Missouri now. By the way, when I thought it was legal, I drove through Houston going to Springfield, IL. 314 mile each way from home. Loved every minute of it! I will still ride, legal or not, so lets get together. Keep on a rolling and a clattering.

John Dunn

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Sorry to burst your bubble. I had DIRT-ILLEGAL swap paper work and a lot of $$$$$$, drove what I thought was now legal for two years. Missouri Dept of Revenue ( 2 State Troopers ) and an hour at my dining room table with their ducks in a row, informed me that the Roxor is not and will not be legal for operation on public roads. Jefferson City, Mo sent paper work stating their ERROR! Of course they won't refund any $$$$ At that time about (December of 2019) They said that they knew of three other Roxors in Missouri and one was in Houston! Probably yours so be aware. There are many Roxors in Missouri now. By the way, when I thought it was legal, I drove through Houston going to Springfield, IL. 314 mile each way from home. Loved every minute of it! I will still ride, legal or not, so lets get together. Keep on a rolling and a clattering.

Did they happen to mention what the fine might be if your caught driving it on the state hwy's. Did they mention that Missouri law doesn't cover the Roxox, the Missouri law specifically states that a side by side is a vehicle that weights 2000Lbs of less , designed for off road use, and is manufactured on trail rated tires. Being the Roxor weights in a 3000 Lbs and is on highway tires, the only thing they have is the manufactured for off road use only. I have called several agency and talked to a couple of State Troopers, and every answer I got was basically, put an Orange triangle on it and have fun. One City Manager even told me to take down his name and phone number, if the City Police have any problems with it to call him. Just wondering if that cited the laws in Missouri?

Semperfi

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
They did not mention the fine, but if stopped, they could make you have it towed since it isn't built for the street. For I towed mine out of Illinois to Missouri, then drove it home, because of that. It doesn't make any sense that you can operate a tractor with an orange triangle, or ride a horse with buggy on highway. I also have tried the Farm Use way, but I cant get a Farm Use Tag due to the weight issues. But for some reason law enforcement has a hard on when it comes to the Roxor. WE THE PEOPLE HAVE THE RIGHT TO TRAVEL IN ANY WAYS NECESSARY! And you are correct, the Roxor does NOT fall in any category for ATV-UTV-Automobile,etc... I see that you have done your homework also. I have spent countless hours and have talked to several attorneys. I have even looked into the homebuilt scene. In which they can be legalized! Go figure! Nothing. I have exhausted myself over a several years and hope that you find that loophole ( if there is one ). Good luck, and hopefully one day we meet and ride together, for I do look forward to that. Keep on a rolling and a clattering.

GPG

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
God bless the Roxor! Let's work together to make these okay for all areas of our great country!

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
:-(
God bless the Roxor! Let's work together to make these okay for all areas of our great country!

I also tried for nearly two years to getmine tagged in Texas. I even paid a title search company to try and get me a new vin number. NOPE. Not gonna happen. The Roxor is NOT an assembled vehicle, it's NOT a replica, it's U T V. SIDE BY SIDE or in some cases an ATV. The DMV in ANY STATE has a hard-on for Mahindra. It's a buracratic conspiracy dictated by the big money U. S. Car industry and lobbyists.

Thank god that Texas pulled its head out of its ass and developed the OFF HIGHYWAY tag to give a little break or Leeway on using the Roxor like the golf carts and such for in neighbor hood use and out lying road use. Sigh, I still pray and hope we do eventually get a real tag.

Even Max A's Roxor with all the mods and body work, axle and all, it's still has a Mahindra I.D. Number and has a Mahindra frame, some body and the drive train. His would not qualify for a kit, replica, home built, or anything other than its a Mahindra Roxor. BUZZZER SOUNDS.

BDRAG