ooooooooooo

New guy with questions

Sasquatch

Supporting Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
New guy here looking at getting a rod or. For sure plan a tune and bigger tires. Do the new 2.7’s have options to tune?

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I'm sure Diesel Freaks could take care of it, no problem, they are great folks!

Bob R1

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
No Tune for the 2.7L in the 2023/2024 so far. I am sure someone will get that worked out.
I have a new 2024, I trailered it to the tire shop and had the tires swapped the day after I bought it. I had a set of 235/85R16 "Load Range E" Rough Tread Tires installed with 30 pounds of air.

My Rock Stock 2.7L gets around ok for what I do with it. I drive on county roads, in town on city streets, and on the Farm. I am sure that I would/will be very impressed with a Stage II Tune to let the Horses Run, when one gets available. Until the Tune happens I am sure my machine will get around ok in stock trim.

Springs were mentioned. I have never drove an older machine with the softer springs to compare the ride. My new 2024 rides just fine with the beefed up factor springs. Between the Tall Tires and the Springs my machine looks like it has a mild/reasonable lift installed. It is high enough to need a side step to get in and out. When I am hauling feed or fire wood in the back, I am sure I will like the heavier springs even better.

I wish you luck. And, as was said above you can still locate left over NEW 2022's with a 2.5L.
Another plan might be to look for an older slightly used machine that someone else has already perfected. I have seen older machines listed for sale with less mileage than I will put on Rocky this month.

Bob R

Last edited:

Sasquatch

Supporting Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Found a lifted 22 with a tune from the dealer, picking it up Friday!