ooooooooooo

New 2022 Noise level

OBrienRoxor

Roxor #
Hi, just bought a 2022 Roxor. Love it and enjoy driving it! Already got people in the community asking what it that, looks really cool! However once I got it home and really started to drive it, it appears alot louder then what I saw with others on videos who were really pushing the Roxor. Has anyone else had issues with the 2022 being loud. I may take it back to a dealer to have it checked. It only has 6 miles on it. When test driving in a parking lot at slower speeds it sounded ok, but once pressing it to go up hills and only at 20 mph its pretty loud, like a dump truck. Maybe something is loose.

mickeybobs

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
What kinda noise is it ? squeek,rattle, whine ,exhaust ,40 mph rattle ,wind noise , grinding , fan noise ,tires ? these are low geared so they rev higher than the 2018-19 units ....

OBrienRoxor

Roxor #
Hi, the noise is similar to a blasting type of sound when a engine does not have a muffler. This is more pronounced when going up hills at higher RPMs. At idle the sound is at 70 dps. At 2000 rpms 80 dps and at 1000 rpms 75 dps. Is that normal? When I test drove one it was in a parking lot, it was at lower rpms, speeds and I do not recall it idling at a level of 70 dps. Is there some where where I can confirm the noise level that is normal for the Roxor? On the positive, I love the Roxor, love driving it around the mountain development we are in. Many have stop by to ask "what is that?" "That is really cool". :)

Joxor889

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I remember when I first got my 2019. Right away, I was impressed on how quiet it was at idle and underway.

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
It's a diesel engine, with no soundproofing or insulation. They aren't quiet. Post a video of what you are trying to describe.

QuickSilver

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
More than likely it's the fan. I want to do an electric fan conversion on mine to cut down some of the noise when climbing hills in 4Low.

Joxor889

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
My Roxor is quieter than my newer Kubota tractor. Is it the turbo you are hearing?

OBrienRoxor

Roxor #
I was able to obtain confirmation from Mahindra that idle sound at 70 dps. At 2000 rpms 80 dps and at 1000 rpms 75 dps is normal. Glad to obtain this confirmation. Really happy with the Roxor I have.

07/09/1966

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Hi, just bought a 2022 Roxor. Love it and enjoy driving it! Already got people in the community asking what it that, looks really cool! However once I got it home and really started to drive it, it appears alot louder then what I saw with others on videos who were really pushing the Roxor. Has anyone else had issues with the 2022 being loud. I may take it back to a dealer to have it checked. It only has 6 miles on it. When test driving in a parking lot at slower speeds it sounded ok, but once pressing it to go up hills and only at 20 mph its pretty loud, like a dump truck. Maybe something is loose.
its breaking in, mine did the same. run it like you want it to run like. change the oil, and its a power house. get taller tires.

OffRoad709

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Last SxS I had was a Yamaha Viking, good machine but 10x's louder than the Roxor

Cold Steel

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I’ve got a 22 model and it’s quieter than I had expected it to be. I’ve pushed it over some obstacles for sure. I am however having to go into reverse to disingsge 4wheel