ooooooooooo

Montana Street Legal

woodtic

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Registered my 2019 Roxor to be street legal a couple of days ago. It was registered as a quadricycle. Finally found the insurance requirements for a quadricycle in Montana. Montana code 61-6-303 specifically exempts motorcycles and quadricycles. I intend to drive on the streets fairly often though, and it seems it would be prudent to at least have liability insurance. Where have some of you obtained liability insurance through?

RCF

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Registered my 2019 Roxor to be street legal a couple of days ago. It was registered as a quadricycle. Finally found the insurance requirements for a quadricycle in Montana. Montana code 61-6-303 specifically exempts motorcycles and quadricycles. I intend to drive on the streets fairly often though, and it seems it would be prudent to at least have liability insurance. Where have some of you obtained liability insurance through?
I got full automobile style insurance right through State Farm ,collision and comp everything

i303

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I have mine with full coverage State Farm at $308 a year. Insuring UTV and dune buggies are common here in AZ and mandatory if you want it on the road. Insurance also mandatory in Utah.

What are the conditions or restrictions to use the Roxor in MT? Can you get on the freeway? All other roads OK?

woodtic

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The way I read Montana code 23-2-824, I am good for all roads including controlled access highways. An exception could be a local municipality that does not allow it.

i303

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Sounds exactly as AZ Good to know. Does MT require turn signals or any other non standard Rox equipment?

If you can I started a thread on the subject. Get Roxor owners who had some time to chime in. I see some states have full size plates and others small plates like ours. The goal is that big plate.

1930modelA

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Could run into problems being a "Quadricycle". Montana definition: (51) (a) "Quadricycle" means a four-wheeled motor vehicle, designed for on-road or off-road use, having a seat or saddle upon which the operator sits and a motor capable of producing not more than 50 horsepower. However, most of the SxS also would fail to meet this requirement, so likely motor vehicle is ignoring.

BayouLady

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
To register our Polaris General, 4 seater in Montana we used an attorney. We have 100hp, but are a quadracycle licensed. (Still wanting a Roxor tho). It has been two years, but also think the Gen4 exceeds the weight for a quadracycle.

The attorney’s office recommended Progressive- so we have them.

Togo

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Does anyone have any information on setting up and LLC in Montana to get a full sized license?

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
In Utah I went through USAA, it was pretty cheap and street legal execpt freeway.

Woodsman74881

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
B
Does anyone have any information on setting up and LLC in Montana to get a full sized license?
be very careful going that route. Your state can come after you for excise tax evasion. In Oklahoma it’s a definite bust if you get caught. I guess it really depends on your tolerance of risk.

Togo

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
B

be very careful going that route. Your state can come after you for excise tax evasion. In Oklahoma it’s a definite bust if you get caught. I guess it really depends on your tolerance of risk.
Ive already paid the state sales tax on it. I’m not trying to avoid tax. I just trying to get it licensed.