ooooooooooo

Making A Roxor Street Legal In Louisiana

USMC

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Hello All,

I see quite a few posts regarding driving on the street in Louisiana (aka Licensing) so I thought I would look into it. (I am in Florida).

Anyway, I just received this email back from the Office of Motor Vehicles in Louisiana:

Reach out to your municipality authorities for assistance. OMV will title and register but your town may not allow riding on their streets.
Office of Motor Vehicles
PO Box 64886
Baton Rouge, LA 70896
225-925-6146

Your inquiry:
Can I Register and Title a side by side that has been modified for street use
in Louisiana?

Gabe

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Once I get the unit, I am goin to do a State Police inspection which is required and then move forward.

Gabe

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I am going for an assembled vehicle title. Resembled antique vehicle Willys Jeep.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I am going for an assembled vehicle title. Resembled antique vehicle Willys Jeep.
Keep Us informed on this. If it works I would like to try as a non resident to bring the title back to Texas where we can’t do anything with an off highway designated vehicle.

Gabe

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Update. Could not get the assembled vehicle. You might be able to get it but if they see your MSO and it says the vehicle is for off road use then it makes it difficult. I ended up supplying the necessary documents needed to register as a mini truck and I am happy with that registration. I got an email with a copy of it today and they are putting in the mail. In Louisiana you get a registration from the dealer as an off road vehicle so if you add the necessary mini truck requirements you can get that registration. Should have it in my hands in a few days.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
It’s gonna be a small plate right?

JoeMc

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I have the off road tag on mine; small plate like a motorcycle (Texas). They limit you to 35mph roads. They are good if you are in a subdivision or a rural area. Just make sure you read about all the restrictions about driving on the streets.

Bolt77

Roxor Ownership
Thar Owner
Making a Roxor street legal in Louisiana involves several steps. First, ensure the vehicle complies with local safety regulations, such as having working lights, mirrors, and seat belts. You'll need to obtain a title and registration, which might involve getting an inspection. It’s also crucial to check emission standards and any modifications required by Louisiana law. Consulting with local DMV officials or a legal expert can streamline the process.

Gabe

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Its a off-road Decal. But registered as Class 0906 for the Mini Truck.