ooooooooooo

MADE REAR INNER FENDER WELL PANELS....

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
:-(
I have been looking for a PRE MADE inner panel for the rear fender wells. The sand and mud cake up relentlessly in the rear half all over the fuel fill and all over the flimsy wiring going to the rear lights. Fills the whole damn area including body cavity and bumper. I don't really care about the bumper area but its a real pain in the ass to power wash out the crap! Even blew off a bunch of the undercoating while cleaning at the car wash. Lots of grey primer was showing. ERRRRRRR!

So I went to Home Depot and found some cheap ass bathroom wall covering made from recycled plastic in a white color. Made a cardboard template. Dicked around and fit and trimmed till it would fit in the wheel house area. I fabricated the real deal from the thin plastic. Bent up some re-enforcing angles here and there. Its somewhat flimsy but its a start.

So does anyone make a REAL REAR WHEEL HOUSE INNER LINER? I do not think these will last more than one season. LOL!

BDRAG

ROXOR FENDER WELL 1.jpgROXOR FENDER WELL 2.jpgROXOR FENDER WELL 3.jpgROXOR FENDER WELL 4.jpg

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I have some umhw (I think that’s what the material is) liner out of our v bottom trailers. 1/8” thick. Think I’m gonna have to look into this. Thanks for the idea.

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
There is one hole at the rear that I can go back and pick up a fastener into if I need to. Its trapped pretty well using the fender lip to force it rearward. Big angle at back upwards and a notch for the body mount. Took about 2 hours for the first one, the passenger side. The next one only took about 30 minutes. LOL. They are not real pretty but we will see how they work after the thanksgiving run to the property. Oh and the rubber sealer spray in white re coated the wheel well just lovely. LOL>

BDRAG

Bfree

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
That space is a pain to clean for sure!! I was thinking about putting some type of lock box or storage unit in there! Like what you have done too.

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
UPDATE!

I got to try out my home made rear inner fender liners over the past few days. MAN! They work GREAT! It kept ALL the crap off the fuel lines and the tail light wiring harness as I had hoped they would. The bumper and exhaust still got filled up but that dos not bother me near as much as 5 lbs of crap all in behind the rear wheels. YEEEEHAWWWWW!

The creek crossing on my place has been getting wetter and more muddy over the past 3 months due to all the record rain fall this fall. Worst ever in the 27 years going down there. The water table is full and the area just above our crossing is a natural run off from under the soil. Usually just soft sand. Now its a mud bog. It sucks. We graded it with the 1955 ford tractor after we ferried over the 20 foot trailer with the tractor ,the dodge 3/4 ton pick up barley made it at speed , the roxor made its last crossing full lock right heading up sideways. If it had grabbed I would have climbed the pond embankment and shot up and over into the pond! YIKES! LOL. Oh and the tractor itself made one last attempt at grading the mud out flat so that just maybe it will dry out. We, well my buddy Pete did, dug a 70 foot long trench by hand to try and divert the drainage. Prolly for not! . Damn glad it wasn't raining.

So will someone out there like Fortress or someone make some real ones from ABS please. I will be the first to buy them. White or Black. Lol.

BDRAG

ROXOR FENDER WELL 3.jpg rear inner fender works 1.jpg ROXOR FENDER WELL 1.jpg rear inner fender works 2.jpg down and dirty 1.jpg the mud hole at creek..jpg

B

Bister

I could use some of those in the spring. Everything is frozen here now. lol

B

Bister

I put 'Long John' mud flaps on all he way around. 36" on the front and 48" on the back, I should have done 48's on the front also. I think it will help lots on the back. I did keep them up fairly high as to not rip them off in the bush. I won't know till the snow melt and makes mud up here. lol

IMG_4901.JPGIMG_4902.JPGIMG_4903.JPGIMG_4904.JPG

mike_d

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
When do you figure we’ll get a report, June or so Bister?

Kake America

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
How are those inner fenders holding up, any other ideas out there?

crf88

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
How are those inner fenders holding up, any other ideas out there?
I used some thin ABS plastic sheets to make my rear fender liners. I travel a lot on dirt roads and needed something to stop the rocks from chipping the paint and keep the mud away. Works great for me. Will post pics later.

PineCreek

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I used some thin ABS plastic sheets to make my rear fender liners. I travel a lot on dirt roads and needed something to stop the rocks from chipping the paint and keep the mud away. Works great for me. Will post pics later.
Yeah, pics please

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
I used some bathroom plastic wall sheeting from home Depot for the first set. Then I saw a post here 3 months later for a jeep part number for some that take work to fit but do a great job.

Good luck with it.

BDRAG

crf88

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Any recommendations on where to buy the plastic / what length and width? They look awesome!
I got it from Grainger but I'm sure others have it. 1/8" ABS, I think it was 48" long and 12" wide sheet worked great. You might have to cut/trim it in a few areas.

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I was thinking of getting the hard mudflap material found on Semi's to make the fender inners. Easy to cut and will last a long time if fastened correctly.