ooooooooooo

Lurking in Shadows

4wheelgreg

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Hey Guys ,
Old school jeep guy here ... but put Cummins 4BT / 6BT in just about everything that rolled along and crawled . sold the 4x4 shop and got a office job but still tinker ,I still have a full automove and machine shop , I just tinker with bikes and quads these days .
I have been interested in Roxor for a few years now .
I'm living between Philadelphia Pa suburburbs and RYE , NY .
I have found more than a 2018 and 2019 Roxor for my needs but really like the 2020 having the 5.38 gearing allready done .
I still hold a State inspection license , I plan on doing a plated roxor conversion .
I have a couple CJ doner bodies with full paper work .
Bodies are old enough to just run antique plates .
My build is basiclly going to be used in the NJ Pines / Floridia
Nothing crazy 35"s just a clean old school jeep .
I am contiplating a A/T so the wife can drive it .
What are your thoughts on the Automatics ?
Thanks guys
Greg

Semperfi

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I like what your wanting to do, for I was thinking of the same concept. What year CJ will fit the Roxor frame? I have heard CJ 2 and CJ 5 and was looking for a 5. Amazing how as long as it has a certain frame nothing else maters when getting it legal for the street.

4wheelgreg

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I was looking to do a full restoration on a 86 CJ7 I have a rolling chassie , I have a few buddies with full donor jeeps . For me it really does not make a difference .
Once I do a custom roll cage , windshield frame and grill no one will even question the jeep . I have had custom jeeps for years .
I'm a licensed inspection mechanic and I would just tag the jeep with Anqiue tags , no inspection required in most states .
If it does not have the tire tread hanging outside the wheel wells more than 3" and look like junk your not going to get hassled by LEO ... I know my brother is in that club .
Right now the 2018 and 2019 jeeps are every where for about 15k ... thats not a deal in my book . I like the 2020 new version , even the weird FJ grill is growing on me . The 5.38 gears saves me a lot of work , I have all the equipment to build axles and have done that for year when I lived out west .
If can do 13k on one that would be great for me .

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
None of the Jeep tubs will fit. LJ might be the closest but no one gives those away.

Overall dimensions are almost identical to CJ7 but with early (81”) CJ5 nose and roughly LJ tub. WB slightly longer than YJ/TJ.