ooooooooooo

Lube chassis/ suspension

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
How often do you grease everything? I did mine a few months ago and feel like it's due again with all the extra noises

reedcharlie75

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
How often do you grease everything? I did mine a few months ago and feel like it's due again with all the extra noises
The owners manual says every 400 miles I believe, I try to do it every 500 give or take

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
That's real for sure. It's so simple so why not. After I did it it sure made things quiet

reedcharlie75

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
That's real for sure. It's so simple so why not. After I did it it sure made things quiet
I’m sure you know, but there is a grease point on the axle housing on the outer end of the rear axle on each side

Willys

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Can one of you post pics of the grease points / lubrication areas; plus the grease gun make/model that works best for you.

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
@Willys: there is a link to the entire servicei and repair manual somewhere on this forum. That manual will tell you more than you will likely ever need ro know about the Roxor.

There are also already a number of posts from a couple of years back about the grease points.

Grease points: leaf springs front (2), front and rear drive shafts (1 each), rear axles (one left, one right) towards the drum brakes. There is a 1/16 hole on top of the axle above the zirk fitting. Pump grease until a fine line of grease will come out of that small hole and you know the wheel bearings are greased.

There is also another link to the electrical trial wiring diagram.

Willys

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
@Willys: there is a link to the entire servicei and repair manual somewhere on this forum. That manual will tell you more than you will likely ever need ro know about the Roxor.

There are also already a number of posts from a couple of years back about the grease points.

Grease points: leaf springs front (2), front and rear drive shafts (1 each), rear axles (one left, one right) towards the drum brakes. There is a 1/16 hole on top of the axle above the zirk fitting. Pump grease until a fine line of grease will come out of that small hole and you know the wheel bearings are greased.

There is also another link to the electrical trial wiring diagram.
Thanks AZROX!

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Information on rear axle bearing grease fittings from a Jeep forum.

For all of us who have wondered why there is an open vent hole (instead of a valve) above the rear axle grease fitting, enjoy reading below.

Interesting to know the background / history of the rear axle grease fittings. (M38 and M38A1 were the military Jeeps from about 1951).

I'm servicing my M38A1 and found the zirk fitting (and apparently a vent) busted off. There is 0 information in the old Army field manual on the zirk and vent. Probably because bearings were over greased at PMCS (preventive maintenance, checks, and service). Searching the web, I found this:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
There are only two, one on each side pointed toward the rear. The upper fittings you see are Vents. On the M-38/M-38A1 they are calibrated to release at a certain pressure loaded, you will note a little cap on top that you can raise with your thumbnails.
The Army noticed a problem of drivers or mechanics over greasing the rear wheel bearings resulting in failed outer seals and greasy brake shoes. The cure was to immediately order the grease fittings removed and a plug installed until the next grease interval indicated in the LO. Best way to lube the rear bearings is slowly and sparingly with a hand operated gun. Pump slowly until the spring loaded valve starts to rise and stop. Some grease may appear, do not add any more.
The LO is confusing as to how to lube this area, it indicates removal and hand packing, that is an error, the grease fittings are for that purpose. Those CJ2A-CJ-5 owners will notice(Correction) a grease fitting also, there is no pressure relief valve on the CJ, just a small hole at the top, slowly pump grease in by hand until it just shows at the hole on top.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Greg

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
does the unit have greased fittings.

Greg

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
The owners manual says every 400 miles I believe, I try to do it every 500 give or take
where did you get an owners manual.
My dealer told me they have no owner manuals.
My 2022 does not come with one.

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Wish it had more fittings. Like for the steering components, I will eventually upgrade them to be able to grease them. Also wish the U joints had them.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Wish it had more fittings. Like for the steering components, I will eventually upgrade them to be able to grease them. Also wish the U joints had them.
The on the Rox heavy duty steering kit has greasable ends. Great upgrade