ooooooooooo

lake run

plumbstraight

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
A pto would be nice. Thing is, hard to find a pto winch now days. I used Koenig, they came on the Toyota fj, for winches for tractors. You could order them in 3 different gear ratios left and right hand rotation. I think they went out of business, is a shame. Seems winches have gone to hyd and electric. I have a 10000lb viper on my cj, but it is very slow. The warn on the roxor is much faster and most likely more reliable and expensive.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I'd want the PTO for hydraulic pressure and or shaft TQ for a rear 3pt setup like the old Willys had.

plumbstraight

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
yes, the 3pt was something on the early jeeps. I can say as a tractor owner for 50+years, trying to hook up a top link will be an issue on a Roxor. Nothing there strong enough to hook to. Would have to build a system with cylinders and some serious hardware on the back of it to take it on. Pulling a self power rake, seeder, fertilizer spreader or manure spreader would be the best option.
I think the old military jeeps that served the farmers had gearing in the 6+ to 1. Super low. They spun some larger tires and chained up on all fours. I grew up with a 42 ford military and it was a crawler. Dad bought it in the 50's and we still have it. My brother got it and took it down to the frame. I am so p'd at him I cannot express myself in here.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
yes, the 3pt was something on the early jeeps. I can say as a tractor owner for 50+years, trying to hook up a top link will be an issue on a Roxor. Nothing there strong enough to hook to. Would have to build a system with cylinders and some serious hardware on the back of it to take it on. Pulling a self power rake, seeder, fertilizer spreader or manure spreader would be the best option.
I think the old military jeeps that served the farmers had gearing in the 6+ to 1. Super low. They spun some larger tires and chained up on all fours. I grew up with a 42 ford military and it was a crawler. Dad bought it in the 50's and we still have it. My brother got it and took it down to the frame. I am so p'd at him I cannot express myself in here.

Most of the pre-Kaiser era Willys had 5.38 gearing. There was also a frame tie in right below the 'bed' in the cargo area to tie into for the 50 cal and 3 pt

plumbstraight

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Those early jeeps had a pto add on. a belt drive for a generator to run electrics for radios. Also had a drive to the front for a winch. A capstan was used on some. Nice to have an endless winch.

menotu

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Installed the snorkel and just in time heard there was rain & found the right side of old Bomb hole, and I swear I found the entire hole on way back entire front in hole thanks snorkel
I seen someone on youtube video that also replaced the breather vents on the transfer case and transmission and ran the lines right below the hard top after he put his snorkel on

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Those early jeeps had a pto add on. a belt drive for a generator to run electrics for radios. Also had a drive to the front for a winch. A capstan was used on some. Nice to have an endless winch.

Yup I have two of these PTOs. Most/all vehicles of that era ran belt driven generators, switching to alternators decades later. The hydraulic pump actually bolts to the generator and removed the oil filter.