ooooooooooo

lake run

menotu

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I went to check to see if I could make it to our cabin last week and noticed the lake was a little high, as I proceeded ,with caution, it did fine 1st.gear 4h I started through the deep spot and noticed that the water was going over my fenders a little , did not stop just kept moving, I run with the inside plugs out, did not float but that s way deeper than I've ever been in my rhino would've died and the four wheelers would've died way before the deep spot.
The fenders are about 3 feet.

Jeepish

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I went to check to see if I could make it to our cabin last week and noticed the lake was a little high, as I proceeded ,with caution, it did fine 1st.gear 4h I started through the deep spot and noticed that the water was going over my fenders a little , did not stop just kept moving, I run with the inside plugs out, did not float but that s way deeper than I've ever been in my rhino would've died and the four wheelers would've died way before the deep spot.
The fenders are about 3 feet.
Time for a snorkel.

Entglass51

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Installed the snorkel and just in time heard there was rain & found the right side of old Bomb hole, and I swear I found the entire hole on way back entire front in hole thanks snorkel

Entglass51

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Didn't see picture attached

20190623_2038491001.jpg

Jeepish

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Awesome! What snorkel are you using? I’d like to see how it hooks up under the hood.

Entglass51

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
(Amazon) Spec-D tuning SNK-WRGN Spec-D Air Snorkel System & Has a EAN # 0841808136702
You have to drill 3 1/2" hole about 4" below battery tray, this comes with paper template for holes but unidrill and large washer for 2 bolts to hold snorkel on to fender, I cut the stock intake about the same size as Hose that comes with snorkel added black duct tape around the plastic as seal for oval stock intake & clamped it down, haven't had a chance to find actual 90 degree for intake hose yet,

menotu

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Hmm, found out by running in water 3 feet deep let my transfer case and tranny fill up with water, now in the process of getting a new one, not sure if a snorkel would've helped.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Def drain and refill your diffs and trans and tcase asap.

You gotta prep the whole rig for deeper dives like this.

menotu

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
under warranty, live and learn, going to replace the breather on the tranny and add a 1/4" hose and run it up higher.
My rhino used to drive with the headlights under water, these rigs a lot taller, ordered some 235 - 85 -16 mud tires also

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
You’re lucky they let you warranty that user error.

secretv

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Def drain and refill your diffs and trans and tcase asap.

You gotta prep the whole rig for deeper dives like this.
What preparation is needed? I'm completely ignorant on crossing water like this.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
You must seal everything well and then vent all your moving bits (engine, trans, tcase, axles) above the waterline. You likely want a manifold setup where you vent into a snorkel to keep things clean. You gotta make sure you also vent your fuel tank there as well, and it might not be a bad idea to run exhaust higher than the water line. Also need to ensure any of the CRD electrical system is waterproof (I'd worry about the gauge) and that the coolant system is converted to a completely closed setup.

You gotta run more than dust cover axle seals. It could require custom seals to be used with some machining for the races.
You will want to run all disk brakes.

There was a military instructional set about it with some good tips. That's all I can think off the top of my head.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Electrical grounds could easily cause issues in older rigs when not completely grounded back to battery, etc.

So much stuff...

plumbstraight

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Is nice to go out and play. Here in the NW and working in the woods for many years of my life wet and muddy, I will take dry blue skies. I am going to head out to Quartzsite AZ this week to break in my new RX. Waiting on a wire that wasn't in the kit for blinkers and get it licensed.
One thing I didn't buy mine for was to be a submarine. I will leave that to others.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Is nice to go out and play. Here in the NW and working in the woods for many years of my life wet and muddy, I will take dry blue skies. I am going to head out to Quartzsite AZ this week to break in my new RX. Waiting on a wire that wasn't in the kit for blinkers and get it licensed.
One thing I didn't buy mine for was to be a submarine. I will leave that to others.

Agreed. I bought what Jeep shoulda been still making for the last 49 years. A simple light work vehicle for my land that can double as a town runner.

Now Mahindra needs to release their PTO *hint hint* :p