ooooooooooo

Keep it from being stolen.

FredFlintstone

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Hi All,

I just got a 2022 a couple of weeks ago and was afraid to take it to the store or church because I was afraid it could be hot wired. I know some people put in kill switches but I don't enough about diesels to start cutting wires so I came up with this idea... A heavy Aluminum bar with a pad lock to keep the clutch from being press down, I saw some of the same idea on amazon but couldn't not find any that would fit the way I would like....It actually works, no matter which way you turn the bar it will not allow the clutch to be pressed, I know they could cut the lock but still gives me some piece of mind..... Just thought I would share....This Roxor is so awesome...

Ken

20221013_143239.jpg
20221013_143321.jpg

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Good idea. Does that prevent shifting the transmission into neutral?

Another option is to put some kind of wedge under the hand brake.

Search for "battery disconnect". The version I like is simply a 2-piece battery terminal held together by a bolt. Remove the bolt by hand (no tools necessary) and the battery is disconnected.

With a battery disconnect, one could srill pull the vehicle onto a trailer.

Military vehicles (e.g. HMMWV) do not have keys, just a starter switch. To prevent someone from simply driving off, the wheels are turned and a chain with lpadock pulled through the steering wheel.

FredFlintstone

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I think they could force it into neutral. The Wedge under the handbrake sounds like a good idea...

Thanks for the feedback, I am really enjoying my roxor and don't want to lose it......

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Unplug the clutch switch and use a piece of wire or paper clip and you’ll be able to start the engine right up. Then just float the gears and your gone. Granted the young crowd probably has no idea how to shift a manual much less float gears so there’s that. In my case I have a mini fuse in the plug socket so I can start mine without pressing the clutch. Useful if you wheel it and it stalls on an incline. If I were you I’d look for a better solution.

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
@Joxor889: I take my machines on multi day road trips and need to park over night at hotels. It's always good to find the machine where I left it the night before ?

FredFlintstone

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Thanks for the feedback... I only wanted to make it a little harder to steal if I take it to wal-mart... I am not worried about storage at home....

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
When I lived in AZ I got a truck stolen and car broken into. I've very protective of my Rox. I have a kill switch hidden under the dash. I only use my clutch to get going then I float. I love the idea you got there.

FredFlintstone

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
When I lived in AZ I got a truck stolen and car broken into. I've very protective of my Rox. I have a kill switch hidden under the dash. I only use my clutch to get going then I float. I love the idea you got there.
If you get a chance could you describe how you installed the kill switch. I put one on my willys years ago but I wasn't sure how to do it on the roxor..

Thanks

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I just ran it off the ignition switch on a toggle under the dash. If toggle is flipped the ignition is dead. Ran the hot through the switch

Uncle Chuck

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Hi All,

I just got a 2022 a couple of weeks ago and was afraid to take it to the store or church because I was afraid it could be hot wired. I know some people put in kill switches but I don't enough about diesels to start cutting wires so I came up with this idea... A heavy Aluminum bar with a pad lock to keep the clutch from being press down, I saw some of the same idea on amazon but couldn't not find any that would fit the way I would like....It actually works, no matter which way you turn the bar it will not allow the clutch to be pressed, I know they could cut the lock but still gives me some piece of mind..... Just thought I would share....This Roxor is so awesome...

Ken

View attachment 11634View attachment 11635
Awesomely simple and still effective.

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Another thing you could do it put the transfer case into neutral. Simple but effective. My CJ I had a club that went from the clutch pedal to the steering wheel

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Steering Wheel Brake Lock Anti-Theft Device,FARBIN Vehicle Security Device, Anti-Theft Retractable Double Hook Car Clutch Pedal Lock,AntiTheft Car Device,Applicable to Any Vehicle https://a.co/d/a3Dihaw