ooooooooooo

Just ordered windshield for Roxor

bordercollie

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I just ordered this windshield. The ad says its hardcoated and 3/16" thick. I'll let ya'll know what I think when it gets here next week. They have a video on the hardcoat under the kubota rtv windshield description.
I'd considered making a homemade one earlier but even using the basic generic lexan I wouldn't save a huge amount and this will look better. ( The roxor windshield I'm ordering is less than $278 delivered including tax (on sale right now) . Mahindra ROXOR Full Front Windshield - Side By Side Stuff

Reactions: RCF

RCF

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Looks good I’ve had other extreme products on my atvs and quality was always good. It appears to have a DOT number and with out the thick frame will have less of a blind spot keep us informed how it works

bordercollie

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
SxS Stuff contacted me and told me the windshield wouldn't be shipped until mid July. I was offered the chance to cancel but I said "no way". The hard coat caught my interest and I'm gonna stick with it.
I did go ahead and order a protectant called Plexus- reviews said it was good stuff originally made for the aircraft industry and that it will also help preserve plastic automotive light lens covers. $25 for an aerosol can . https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00092CKN4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

bordercollie

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Mine is ok. I take care cleaning it and only make long straight strokes. Use only the plastic cleaners noted above and in other posts. I always wash off any grit with gentle water first and use some soap and soft t shirt to finish up on wet windshield before applying the plastic cleaner/finish.
When its dirty though man is it hard to see through and.... unlike glass, you just can't stop and rub it off. Be sure to use the rubber foam gasket material or it will vibrate. I needed more than was included with the purchase and was glad to have some laying around.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
i have the SxS stuff windshield. It does have a DOT number. I found that with the stock mounting I got a lot of buffeting and rattle. I added 2 screws into the bottom (drill the lean with an oversized hole and then use a washer. I also added foam weather stripping at the base and at the top corners as it rattled some. I added another clamp in the center top (used a 1.75 inch cable straps) The unit starts some flexing at about 35mph in the middle. I’m thinking of adding a vertical aluminum bar in the center to provide support at speed, it flexes a lot at 50mph and above (I don’t get it up to those speeds very much, just did a quick run on a back road to see how it held up). It took a long time to get it in (3months). The supplier has a backlog. I’m happy with it, but if your machine is going to see a lot of road use I’d opt for a glass windshield. My road use is with a farm SMV sign so I have to stay below 25mph.