ooooooooooo

Instrument Cluster

Maz1222

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Having read about numerous cluster failures I am still unclear as to what functions fail and their effect on operation of the Roxor. As my Roxor will be out of country and parts will be challenging I am building a list of parts to stockpile and bring with me. The instrument cluster is one item I am considering purchasing as a spare since there seems to be a higher than normal chance of failure.
Does it cause the Roxor to not start?
Does electrical system not work or charge?
Are safety or warning lights systems inoperable?
Does mileage and RPM become inoperable?
Is ECM and OBD port inoperable?

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I had mine go out. The Speedo didn't work, all else seemed to be working, but not 100% sure. They replaced it and I also added a scan gauge II (main reason was I want to know the actual water temp).

B

Bister

As of any last reports, you can't buy one, they are only replaced under warranty. I don't know what they are doing now that lots of Roxor's are off warranty, but they were listed around $6-700 I think when prices use to be posted, but I could be totally wrong on the price also.

B

Bister

Mahindra Roxor OEM 2301AUA00021N Instrument Panel Assy Single Gauge W/ Seal if they ever come back in stock looks like $90

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
That part number doesn't match up with the parts book (close though), but lots of stuff is out of date on the site. I know that gauge was over $600 before for sure. It would be nice if it is available for $90 for sure. Maybe they smartened up. lol

Even the old part number doesn't match up.

Screen Shot 2021-02-23 at 10.47.38 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-02-23 at 10.51.52 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-02-23 at 10.47.38 AM.png Screen Shot 2021-02-23 at 10.51.52 AM.png

Kake America

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
On my cluster the hour/mile and fuel gauge stopped working. I was told by my dealer that I needed to bring my Roxor in so they could replace it. It wasn’t something they could just order and send to me.

Kake America

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I have an email started to Mahindra customer service, I just want to be sure I have all my info correct before I contact them directly to see if there is any way to work around sending my machine 1000 miles by barge to simply swap out the cluster.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
My dealer was pretty pro-active in getting mine fixed, and it seriously still took about a month to get fixed. My dealer is Moto-United, and they were very helpful, their customer service department is great. Can't thank Moto-United enough for all of their help with my issues as they have popped up.

WillysJeep

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Dealers willing to warranty and then ship parts directly to the customer varies. The dealers not willing to ship IMO are greedy and insisting on doing the install to get the billable warranty hourly rate paid by Roxor. Not taking into account the inconvenience to their customers to cart their machines hundreds of miles only to sit for weeks/months. If you are receiving pushback from “your” dealer I would search the interwebs until you find a dealer willing to work with you.

B

Bister

Trouble with warranty on the cluster is that they don't send the new cluster out until they have the old one back to transfer the data. They need to supply dealers with a 'dummy' or temporary cluster to loan the customer while they wait for the warranty turn around.

Compshooter

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Dealers willing to warranty and then ship parts directly to the customer varies. The dealers not willing to ship IMO are greedy and insisting on doing the install to get the billable warranty hourly rate paid by Roxor. Not taking into account the inconvenience to their customers to cart their machines hundreds of miles only to sit for weeks/months. If you are receiving pushback from “your” dealer I would search the interwebs until you find a dealer willing to work with you.

The dealer I bought mine from is about an hour drive away. When my speedo went out I called and talked to them. Originally they said I had to trailer it in to them, they would order and install it.

When I explained what a PIA it was just so they could un-clip the cable, let my Roxor sit at their dealership just waiting for shipping and then for me to drive an hour there only to drive an hour home they agreed I could just ship them the speedo. It worked out great. In about two weeks I got my new speedo in the mail and about another 5 minutes later it was installed. That saved me four hours of driving. Well worth the chat.

williambryant

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Mine is out (2019) and the dealer hasn't been able to get one. So my Roxor has been sitting there for 2 months - as a result of the failure, the seat belt speed limiter is locked on (and the speedo doesn't work other than jumping up when you turn the key on).

williambryant

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Having read about numerous cluster failures I am still unclear as to what functions fail and their effect on operation of the Roxor. As my Roxor will be out of country and parts will be challenging I am building a list of parts to stockpile and bring with me. The instrument cluster is one item I am considering purchasing as a spare since there seems to be a higher than normal chance of failure.
Does it cause the Roxor to not start?
Does electrical system not work or charge?
Are safety or warning lights systems inoperable?
Does mileage and RPM become inoperable?
Is ECM and OBD port inoperable?
In my case, the seat belt speed limiter is stuck so you can't really drive the Roxor.

Buckpasser

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
FWIW, the exciter wire for the alternator won’t be functional while the cluster is away. I found this out the hard way. You can rig your own 12v hot wire to the male prong on the alternator, however, you’ll need to install a switch or unplug it each time or it will drain the battery down while off.

Skymarc

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
My speedo stopped working but odometer and all other function are working. Not a big deal but working with dealer for a warranty replacement.