ooooooooooo

Installed my engine skid plate from Diesel Freaks

lost1wing

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Easy install for sure. The only issue that I had was the 4 threaded holes on the transmission. I had to chase the threads with a tap. I didn't remove any metal. It looked like a coating of some kind.

20240417_172519.jpg 20240417_172503.jpg 20240417_172441.jpg

lost1wing

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I wanted to start planning for a front locker (OX). Before I go spending money on this axle wanted to ask if rotating the driveshafts back and forth is an indicator of the pinion backlash? My rear has just a bit of back and forth rotation, the front has may 3 times the amount of back and forth rotation than the rear. If is is out of tolerance, I'd hate to open it up and install a locker. I don't know my dealer at all. They appear to be more of a UTV shop than a tractor/automotive shop.

(Edit) I think the only way to know will be to pull the cover. Not one of my trucks or Jeeps have as much play as this Roxor front.

Last edited:

Hummingbird Ranch

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
To install a locker that requires replacement of your differential carrier, like an Ox locker would, will require them to install the ring gear from your carrier onto the Ox carrier and adjust the shims between the bearings on each side of the new carrier and possibly the shims on the pinion in order to get the correct contact pattern between the ring and pinion gears. This will provide the opportunity to correct if it is not currently correct. However 99 out of 100 shops will not take the time and the trial and error it takes using Prussian Blue to get the correct pattern. They mostly just transfer the shims you have installed and call it good, as what the customer does not know is all good. If you want it done right, you will need to do it yourself, and you will need a press, a bearing splitter, and it will be helpful to create a set of oversized ID setup bearings to get your shims in the ball park to avoid having to press on and press off your good bearings too many times trying to get the shim stack just right to get the contact patch just right. That is one of the advantages of a lunchbox locker which just replaces your spider and side gears and you do not have to reset up the ring and pinion fit because you are not replacing your carrier or ring and pinion gears.

lost1wing

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Good advice. I did a Ford rear end gear change years ago. The only bearing involved on it was the pinion bearing. It wasn't difficult but I think I will wait for my Jeep guru son to help out.

Bob R1

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The Skid Plate looks very good. The Roxor Oil Pan is made from recycled Beer Cans. It needs a Skid Plate badly.

Your concrete is looking good. We did a pour at the Sportsman's Clun a couple years ago. We had one Kid helping, he was 64. The oldest guy was 78. I hope that you had some younger help.

Bob R

lost1wing

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
This has been the slowest project to date. I put .y 30 x 50 metal building up faster, but it was in the late fall. This summer has been quite warm. It it a few degrees cooler under the roof so maybe it will go faster now.

Resized_20240712_183750_1720823900488.jpeg