ooooooooooo

I bought the Floor model at the Dealer but Im still being charged $1600 dollars of Freight.

tuskermedic25

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
He explained that they still needed to pay to get the vehicle there originally, so thats what im paying. Does this seem high price freight to Florida? He said he actually took off $200 dollars to help me out. Any thoughts? they still haven't delivered it to my house. Also, $200 dollars inbound transportation charges, and $300 dollars Dealer service fee.

General

Founding Member
I chatted with several Florida dealers before I bought mine, and they all were very high prices. Each salesman described it differently, but the bottom line is that the Roxor sells very well there, it's hunting season, weather is nice in the winter, and they're not having to lower the price to sell Roxors as fast as they can get them. Same as Arizona. Both states are far from Detroit where the Roxor is built/assembled. Freight seems to be anywhere between $600-$900 for the early 2018 models, and $1,000-$1,300 for the current deliveries. I haven't heard of anyone even pretending that freight ever was $1,600 though. Ultimately it's all about OTD (out the door) pricing all included--it doesn't really matter to most folks whether they call it freight, fees, charges, or MSRP.

quickshot

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I was charged $900 for ship/prep/setup fees for my LE Roxor------here in Idaho. I also paid extra for custom color when I ordered it. I didn't buy either of the two the dealer had on the floor, because of the custom color I wanted.

tuskermedic25

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
thanks for the reply guys, dealer replied this morning that south Florida is very far from factory hence the fatter freight charges. Put some pictures up QuickShot.

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Well your being charged way too much. My dealer in OR sold me a roxor II with upgraded alloy wheels, and front windscreen for 15,700 OTD. No taxes, or freight fees.

TacoJon

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I got a demo model so got quite a bit off. That being said I ordered a windshield and top on top of that so my OTD price was a bit higher than I would have liked but it is still an awesome machine.

ANUG

Doesn't matter that S. Florida is far away. You can look up shipping charges from all kinds of companies. It should be like $500 in my opinion. Once you consider that they likely get more than one in a shipment you also realize that shipping cost per unit drops dramatically. It's just the dealer's way of making a lot of extra money without including it in the advertised price.

tuskermedic25

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
yeah, i think i got overcharged but, what is done is done and I dont want that to damper the overall purchase. Hopefully this will help future purchasers.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
yeah, i think i got overcharged but, what is done is done and I dont want that to damper the overall purchase. Hopefully this will help future purchasers.

I paid a little premium on mine, but it was also the first sale in WI. I prolly coulda worked them down a little, but like stated above, these are not having trouble selling at MSRP. Seems there is demad for a simple Diesel Willys Universal in 2018 *coughs* looks at Jeep *coughs*

TacoJon

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The way I look at cost is imagining redoing an old Jeep and the cost it would entail to swap in a diesel, a new trans, body work, bushings and bearings, etc. You'd easily be in the neighborhood cost of a Roxor and likely way north of that. With the Roxor you at least get the peace of mind the product went through intensive testing and development and will be reliable. If it's not Mahindra will make it right for two years. Fabbed projects usually have a host of unintended issues that arise after the project is done. I think the cost of Roxor is very fair, even higher trims, if you compare them to the high revving competitors in the side by side market.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
You could easily have ~15K in a decently restored gas Jeep. Add in a reasonably paired diesel and you will likely be in the mid 20s unless you made some concessions. I aborted a B3.3 TJ build shortly before the Roxor came out, and I'm glad I did.

RidgeRunner

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
My dealer, Honda Suzuki of Lynchburg Virginia, charges no setup/delivery fee. I agree the bottom line is OTD pricing though. I paid a grand under retail and got an extremely fair price on my trade in(s). They delivered too!
20181110_120420.jpg