ooooooooooo

HOW DO I FIX THIS?!

AshleyB

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
So...pressure washed some rugs, and put across hood to dry...and this happened. Should also say that we've noticed water spots on the black before this happened. Can it be fixed?

20210309_160100.jpg 20210309_160033.jpg 20210309_160056.jpg

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I would try some sort of wax on it first. Maybe a cleaner wax. It’s just a vinyl decal so the wax might rejuvenate it.

AshleyB

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
So it IS just a vinyl decal?! I searched everything I could think of for this...most of the decals I found had roxor in them and ours is a 2018 and does not, so I wasn't sure. I told my husband I thought it was a vinyl decal and he wasn't so sure. We tried a clay bar and Maguire's Compound...no luck.

AshleyB

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Hope you get it fixed.

We've tried all of the suggestions folks have offered, but still not fixed. I think my husband applying who knows what when washing and cleaning it in the past weakened the top (we were already seeing the waterspout affect) and then something with the rug in the direct sun just made it worse. Trying to decide whether to remove completely (is that possible?) Or maybe paint? I like the black contrast on the white hood, and just want to get it back to the way it was.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Why not remove the decal and have it rewrapped? Should be fairly cost efficient

AshleyB

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I'm thinking (removal) and matte paint would be the best option now...I actually had someone insist that it wasn't even a decal when this first happened lol.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
A heat gun and plastic putty knife to help scrape it up without actually scratching or removing the paint will be the way to do it. Then mask it off and repaint it or apply another decal.

AshleyB

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have everything to do it then, minus the same decal (tried searching for the solid) may just go the paint route. Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it!