ooooooooooo

How are they not sold out!

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I'm at the Jeep/Dodge dealer getting a work truck fixed, and I wondered on to the lot to look at the new Wranglers ( like any good man would do) and BOOM! $35000 for a base 2 door, and forget about it, a fully loaded Rubicon is more than my loaded Silverado. Then there's the new Gladiator, a fully loaded one of those MID size pickups is a whopping $70K. Don't get me wrong they are incredible, but not $70K incredible. How are the Roxor's not completely sold out? You can literally buy 2 Roxors for that price. I get the whole not street legal bit, but i think the Roxor has far more value than it gets credit for. Your guys thoughts?

B

Bister

These are Canadian prices, but I'm glad I didn't buy anything plastic again.

Screen Shot 2019-09-10 at 9.39.48 AM.png Screen Shot 2019-09-10 at 9.40.28 AM.png Screen Shot 2019-09-07 at 8.51.01 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-09-07 at 8.52.38 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-09-08 at 10.00.36 AM.png

MaineRox

It's all about being street legal and trail legal. Since you can't do either in Maine, our local dealership has only sold one and that was to an out of state customer. If this was a more lenient state, I just might have sold my Wrangler for two! I'd buy a white one and a green one. :)

B

Bister

It's all about being street legal and trail legal. Since you can't do either in Maine, our local dealership has only sold one and that was to an out of state customer. If this was a more lenient state, I just might have sold my Wrangler for two! I'd buy a white one and a green one. :)
Not in all places. Lots of uses beside street and trail. Farmers here are buying them and they don't need either one, they never leave the farm. Same with the ones my dealer sold to the mines. CP Rail here is buying them for use in the rail yard. Everyone has different needs and uses. Yeah, it sucks you can't use them on the trails where you are, that would definitely hinder sales for sure . I'm glad I live in Saskatchewan where we aren't bothered in my area if you are respectful and stay off the highways. We don't even register off-road vehicle in Saskatchewan.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
In Utah they ARE street legal, just cant take them on an Interstate, ect. The only way to know it is a sxs here is it gets assigned a MC (i.e. small) plate.

bengoshi

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
We just brought one onto our Vineyard in Napa Valley, and every other wine maker who sees it asks about it. If they are ever able to deal with the “problem” of California, and started selling them in downtown Napa, they would sell every one. It’s a perfect Vineyard working vehicle, frankly, and dirt cheap for what you get.

Cshama

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Firstly you can easily make them legal. Cost me $90. Liability insurance for me in NY is $100/year.

The issue really is, is that the Roxor is a play/work vehicle. Having one as your sole daily driver is possible but not great.

Why do people buy modern day wranglers for $50k. No idea. They suck as street vehicles. They look crap. They are badly made. Boring and slow.

I've had many high end cars- I paid $12k for my roxor and it is possibly the most fun I've had in a car. My experience in wranglers has been lame in comparison.

Andydaniel1371

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
In Utah they ARE street legal, just cant take them on an Interstate, ect. The only way to know it is a sxs here is it gets assigned a MC (i.e. small) plate.[/QUOTE

Hello all

After reading your initial post my response is that a dialed in Roxor is over 20,000
Top heater doors music wheels lift as the list is
Preference vs used 2017/2018 wrangler is the exact price.

Don’t want to upset anyone but both a roxor and a wrangler are equally as fun to own.
My preference to own a bad ass jeep vs what the chick next store has is my pick. There are a couple days here and there Is like to be the chick next store but overall I’m sticking with the roxor.

17D90079-F885-4FA5-B0CF-9F1D9658F8B7.jpeg

MaineRox

Firstly you can easily make them legal. Cost me $90. Liability insurance for me in NY is $100/year.

Not in Maine & New Hampshire!

Why do people buy modern day wranglers for $50k. No idea. They suck as street vehicles. They look crap. They are badly made. Boring and slow.

I've had many high end cars- I paid $12k for my roxor and it is possibly the most fun I've had in a car. My experience in wranglers has been lame in comparison.

Are you in a bad mood? ;) My 2019 was under $30, the JLs are just fine as an everyday driver, look great, my 0-60 beats most SUVs (285 hp) , and crushes the Roxor in every way off road. The Wrangler JL is not your Grandfather's truck. They've improved it in so many ways. Gas mileage too, mine is getting 26.

You don't need to trash the real Jeep to feel better about your toy.

Cshama

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I'm not trashing wranglers to improve my mood. I just genuinely don't like them. Just like I don't like New minis and Fiat 500s.

It doesn't really mean any thing. You can like what you want. I just would never buy one. I think they look bulky and plasticky. Its just one of my least favorite cars.

The reason I like the Roxor is its industrial, diesel, you can build it up easily, it's a bit illegal and it's dirt cheap.

Just personal taste.

EFNFAST

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
No airbags, no emissions, no safety testing, ect. these are the things that drive up the cost of a street legal vehicle. Get in an accident in your Roxor at 65 mph and you will probably die.
I'm still on the prowel for one.

Cshama

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I ride a motorcycle to work every day so comparatively it's much safer in a roxor.

Also I am not sure you are dead in a 65mph crash in a Roxor. I crashed at 90 on my bike and ended up with a tiny scratch. There are a lot of variables.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
No airbags, no emissions, no safety testing, ect. these are the things that drive up the cost of a street legal vehicle. Get in an accident in your Roxor at 65 mph and you will probably die.
I'm still on the prowel for one.
My 1994 HMMWV and 59 Apache dont have airbags, most vehicles I've owned didnt, and I'm still kicking. Lol most states dont have emissions or safety, Utah just got rid of saftey.

Driver8

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Mahindra has done some good corporate deals as mentioned here and in other threads. I'd be curious to see what the corporate vs private sales ratio is. I bet they are pretty close. As mentioned, coal mines and railroads are making good use of the Roxor and its a perfect fit as the Roxor never leaves the property. I would think forestry could benefit as well. Here in the flat lands, the farmers use pickup trucks to service their property. When you got corn as far as the eye can see, you don't tear through it, you go around.. on road. Ill see a UTV on smaller acreage from time to time for sure... Absolutely. Also, at some point the private market will saturate because these things will just plain last forever. The private market for the Roxor is also limited by its off road use only issues.

Lets be clear and honest, you may have a licenses on your Roxor in whatever (any) state you live, but that's not because you can, its because to tricked the system. God willing we all drive safely and never end up in a deadly crash on the road. Should that unfortunate accident happen to you, and even worse, is caused by you and your Roxor on road, you will most likely lose in court and Mahindra wont show up to defend the vehicle. Not because you of what you did or didn't do on the road, but because you were operating a vehicle manufactured for off road use only. I think if it like this, my surgeon uses medical grade power tool to crack the chest. Would you want him using a cheaper Milwaukee Sawzall instead simply because he got a certification by gaming the system? I know... I know... bad example, but you get the point.

So let the flames begin....

Bhayarock

We just brought one onto our Vineyard in Napa Valley, and every other wine maker who sees it asks about it. If they are ever able to deal with the “problem” of California, and started selling them in downtown Napa, they would sell every one. It’s a perfect Vineyard working vehicle, frankly, and dirt cheap for what you get.
I beleive they got approval for emissions for cali so hopefully they would be able to.

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The Fiat Jeeps are plastic and have all sorts of electronics which can easily fail and leave you stranded out in the country. Most Fiat jeep owners don't actually take them off road, they just use them as a status symbol. Ya some foolish people will happily drop 70K on a jeep but not me. I paid cash for my Roxor and I've been very happy with it. I hope to drive it for the next 30 years.

Eyellgeteven

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Mahindra has done some good corporate deals as mentioned here and in other threads. I'd be curious to see what the corporate vs private sales ratio is. I bet they are pretty close. As mentioned, coal mines and railroads are making good use of the Roxor and its a perfect fit as the Roxor never leaves the property. I would think forestry could benefit as well. Here in the flat lands, the farmers use pickup trucks to service their property. When you got corn as far as the eye can see, you don't tear through it, you go around.. on road. Ill see a UTV on smaller acreage from time to time for sure... Absolutely. Also, at some point the private market will saturate because these things will just plain last forever. The private market for the Roxor is also limited by its off road use only issues.

Lets be clear and honest, you may have a licenses on your Roxor in whatever (any) state you live, but that's not because you can, its because to tricked the system. God willing we all drive safely and never end up in a deadly crash on the road. Should that unfortunate accident happen to you, and even worse, is caused by you and your Roxor on road, you will most likely lose in court and Mahindra wont show up to defend the vehicle. Not because you of what you did or didn't do on the road, but because you were operating a vehicle manufactured for off road use only. I think if it like this, my surgeon uses medical grade power tool to crack the chest. Would you want him using a cheaper Milwaukee Sawzall instead simply because he got a certification by gaming the system? I know... I know... bad example, but you get the point.

As said earlier in this thread...in a lot of states you don't have to "trick" the system. Around here, especially in more rural areas, you see UTVs on the road all the time and they are licensed and driven legally. I feel bad for those that live in less UTV friendly states.

As far as safety goes, yeah, you might get hurt worse in a Roxor, but then maybe not too. I have a Ford Ranger that has been recalled due to faulty air bags that shoot shrapnel into your chest and face at a high velocity...that doesn't sound all that safe to me. You don't know for sure all the fancy complicated safety systems on modern vehicles will work like they're supposed to...sometimes simpler is better.