ooooooooooo

Hi-Lift Jack

Woodhound

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I recently purchased a Hi-Lift Jack for my Roxor. I will eventually purchase the mounts for it but I was looking for some suggestions or pictures as to a good place to mount it. I have the 4 person ROPS so I was thinking somewhere on that. Does anyone have any suggestions?

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
2EEE2D9F-204E-47FA-ADB2-965ECF359C1B.jpeg
3D54B5E2-D2F1-4496-9080-305A039004D6.jpeg
D1B60D07-3209-4105-86CA-C9E5D87E056C.jpeg
BC366A60-DF59-4F6F-B280-9008150FA77B.jpeg
16C62347-8399-4DA2-BD95-165F11E73568.jpeg
AFC3CA00-5FD9-4D37-B784-D3A96ECDB7BF.jpeg

I bought the hi lift roll bar mounts but then discovered that with my roof and the way they attach to the roll bar I couldn’t use them in that fashion. So I used some 1.75” exhaust clamps and some angle iron to make my mounts. I then only used one side of those hi lift roll bar mounts and bolted them to the angle iron. Came out real good and have held up fine so far.

Woodhound

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Thanks TRK. Looks good and fairly simple with some angle iron, grinder and those mounts. My Christmas present to myself was the spare tire mount, spare tire, windshield wiper kit and the Hi-Lift jack. Looking forward to getting these things installed. Happy Holidays to you and the entire Roxor forum. Thanks again!

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Don’t forget that flat bar I forgot to mention. Put it in a vice and put the twist in it as well as the bend to bolt it to the roll bar mount. Without that there was too much leverage and weight on that mount making it want to droop. no welding needed with this setup. Very simple and works well.

Woodhound

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I was browsing the Home Depot website and saw something like Kindorf. Superstrut? Not sure how strong it is but maybe another option is 2 horizontal pieces across back of ROPS and then mounting jack vertically. I don't want this to become a big expense. Your suggestion looks pretty simple though. I will eventually take a trip to HD and see how strong that superstrut actually is.

2dutz2

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
A52AAAAAVJA001435 1435
Mine is mounted on font brush guard above the bumper. This out of the dust & dirt so it will work when you want it too. Rc

Woodhound

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Interesting. Would like to have seen a picture. TRK had a good suggestion across back of ROPS. I was thinking a piece of Kindorf across the rear ROPS fastened with U-bolts and then mounting Hi-Lift right to that with the mount kit that TRK has. I will send picture if this works but I have to get the parts.

lcp

Nothing fancy, but only takes a couple feet of angle iron to make and helps protect the grill and winch while staying out of the way and easy to access. No need to buy mounts.

1672072089010.jpeg

1672072122283.jpeg

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
You can get by without mounts by just using a bolt instead. I opted for the mounts since I already had them. I like the big twist knobs that make it easy to remove without tools. I’m sure you can buy or make something similar if you do bolts instead of the mounts

Reactions: lcp

lcp

You can get by without mounts by just using a bolt instead. I opted for the mounts since I already had them. I like the big twist knobs that make it easy to remove without tools. I’m sure you can buy or make something similar if you do bolts instead of the mounts
I have some bolts with twist knobs that I considered using. They definitely make it easier to access the jack, but I'm not a very trusting guy and thought, for the places I'll be using this Roxor, keeping a crescent wrench handy for the bolts would work better for me. I think I got those knob bolts at Ace Hardware, if my memory is still intact. You could also use eye bolts and use a screwdriver to tighten and loosen.

Last edited:

Woodhound

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
A neighbor of mine is an electrician and has a piece of kindorf about 6 ft long. Kindorf is some slotted steel that electricians use to attach conduit etc. Pretty strong stuff. I'm going to measure across rear ROPS and use U-Bolts to fasten and see if this works. I can then just mount the jack to the kindorf with eye bolts that lcp mentioned. I like that idea of using a screwdriver to tighten bolts. Hopefully this works. If so I'll post pictures. Thanks everyone and "Happy New Year"

2dutz2

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
A52AAAAAVJA001435 1435
Interesting. Would like to have seen a picture. TRK had a good suggestion across back of ROPS. I was thinking a piece of Kindorf across the rear ROPS fastened with U-bolts and then mounting Hi-Lift right to that with the mount kit that TRK has. I will send picture if this works but I have to get the parts.

2dutz2

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
A52AAAAAVJA001435 1435
1 inch tubing welded on top of 4 inch channel bumper. Servers as a brush guard, 2 bolts to hold jack on. Keeps jack clean and easy to use. rc

IMG_20221130_131803.jpg

Max A.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I had mine mounted on my hood. Used CJ7 mounts from ebay/amazon for $18. Direct fit and worked great. You sit up high enough in the roxor that sight isn't really a problem.

Woodhound

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
A neighbor of mine is an electrician and has a piece of kindorf about 6 ft long. Kindorf is some slotted steel that electricians use to attach conduit etc. Pretty strong stuff. I'm going to measure across rear ROPS and use U-Bolts to fasten and see if this works. I can then just mount the jack to the kindorf with eye bolts that lcp mentioned. I like that idea of using a screwdriver to tighten bolts. Hopefully this works. If so I'll post pictures. Thanks everyone and "Happy New Year"
Here you go my fellow Roxians!...For all of you with the 4 person ROPS I was able to attach a piece of Kindorf across the rear tubes with U-bolts. I then fastened the Hi-Lift Jack to the kindorf with eye bolts that lcp suggested. I could also use spacers in between the kindorf and jack to move more to center but I feel this is unnecessary right now. All I need now is a spare tire! See pictures.

IMG_1148.jpg IMG_1151.jpg IMG_1153.jpg IMG_1156.jpg

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I have this one but there’s other styles out there. Daystar Jack Handle Isolator for Hi-Lift Jack It’ll help with the handle flopping around making racket. The base will still flop and make racket but at least the handle isn’t hitting anything.

lcp

That looks like it should get the job done!! That kindorf looks like pretty handy material to have around. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Woodhound

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I have this one but there’s other styles out there. Daystar Jack Handle Isolator for Hi-Lift Jack It’ll help with the handle flopping around making racket. The base will still flop and make racket but at least the handle isn’t hitting anything.
Thanks, I actually ordered the handle keeper on Amazon. They are relatively inexpensive. I'll clean-up the jack, give it a fresh coat of paint and some grease and I should be good to go once I get a spare tire. Which reminds me. Does anyone have a link to Amazon for a 16" wheel with the correct bolt pattern? I am having a hard time locating a spare.