ooooooooooo

Help! Newbie to Roxor, but not off-road

Eyellgeteven

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
First off welcome to the family from Texas.

All I can tell you about the OEM switches are they are a real bit-ch to remove. So be patient and calm when doing it.

As an example, I wanted to add a cut off switch to my radio and any other add on like a GPS to eleminate battery drain. I got fed up with trying to manipulate a switch blank off out so I just drilled a 3/8 hole in the cover and pried the some da bish out with a pair of channel locks stuffed in the hole and badabing. Lol.

BDRAG
So how hard is this method to do? I'm sure it's easier than taking them out intact. Did it damage the dash doing it that way?
I have some waterproof rocker switches ordered on Amazon so I don't care if the blanks get destroyed taking them out.

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
:-(
So how hard is this method to do? I'm sure it's easier than taking them out intact. Did it damage the dash doing it that way?
I have some waterproof rocker switches ordered on Amazon so I don't care if the blanks get destroyed taking them out.

It's a snap. Drill a hole, pry it out. Does not hurt dash which is steel. Thick steel. Lol. Here is the switch blank that lost the battle. Lol. I used the channel lock top jaw. Stuffed it in the hole inverted and pryed down. Badabing......

BDRAG

IMG_20200325_151025.jpg

Eyellgeteven

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
It's a snap. Drill a hole, pry it out. Does not hurt dash which is steel. Thick steel. Lol. Here is the switch blank that lost the battle. Lol. I used the channel lock top jaw. Stuffed it in the hole inverted and pryed down. Badabing......

BDRAG

View attachment 6573
Nice...soon as my switches show up, I'll start drillin' and yankin' lol.