ooooooooooo

Help! Newbie to Roxor, but not off-road

BOGGER

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
How is everyone? My name is BOGGER I Just sold my monster mud truck and bought this. Already mad you can’t buy a service manual and get any questions answered from the dealer. The problem I have is I’m trying to put in some lock right spartan type lockers, And I’m not sure how to get that cross out as I’m used to seeing c clips that hold the axles in. Any help would be appreciated.

BOGGER

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Thank you TX roadkill. I figured out how to get it apart before I saw your answer to my help request. Pull the axles out remove the carrier and then I made a oops. Snapped the first ring bolt I try to take out, said to myself maybe there’s Loctite so I heated it up, proceeded to break a socket on the second one. Had to stop because I needed another impact socket. That’s when I looked at my phone and saw you sent me to instructions . I realized I’m a dumb ass (left hand thread)

BOGGER

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Anyone know how to wire up the LED lights inside the headlights? And maybe the blank switches there’s wires to two of them underneath the dashboard what are those for?

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
:-(
Anyone know how to wire up the LED lights inside the headlights? And maybe the blank switches there’s wires to two of them underneath the dashboard what are those for?

First off welcome to the family from Texas.

All I can tell you about the OEM switches are they are a real bit-ch to remove. So be patient and calm when doing it.

As an example, I wanted to add a cut off switch to my radio and any other add on like a GPS to eleminate battery drain. I got fed up with trying to manipulate a switch blank off out so I just drilled a 3/8 hole in the cover and pried the some da bish out with a pair of channel locks stuffed in the hole and badabing. Lol.

BDRAG

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
If you need a switch for whatever, these fit in the dash hole perfectly. I bought mine at Auto zone. It claims to be weather proof.

BDRAG

IMG_20200325_141853.jpg IMG_20200325_141841.jpg

Vinny

Supporting Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Bister made a video for the removal of the switch blanks. Really helped me. Thought the only way was hammer and chisel. Search switch blank removal.

BOGGER

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Thank you TX roadkill. I figured out how to get it apart before I saw your answer to my help request. Pull the axles out remove the carrier and then I made a oops. Snapped the first ring bolt I try to take out, said to myself maybe there’s Loctite so I heated it up, proceeded to break a socket on the second one. Had to stop because I needed another impact socket. That’s when I looked at my phone and saw you sent me to instructions . I realized I’m a dumb ass (left hand thread)
Bottom of Roxor page has the link To all accessories instal instructions
Accessory Installation Instructions|ROXOR Offroad

BOGGER

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
TX roadkill I need some more help?’ I purchased lock right lockers it says to leave in the shims the Spartan directions say leave out the shims. The problem is if I put the shims in the carrier pin won’t go in and if I leave the shims out the carrier pin on the spacers inside the locker are way too loose. If you would like to talk to me would you email me your phone number As I’m new to all of this forum stuff. foggerbogger@ yahoo.com

B

Bister

Are these the Spartan lockers actually from Roxor you are talking about?

Make sure the spacer goes back in. Step 23.

Screen Shot 2020-05-03 at 8.17.07 AM.png

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
You need that spacer in the carrier to set the preload on the axle bearings. What lock Right part number did you get?

BOGGER

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Lock right pt2413 Dana 44 19 spline. I understand we need to put the button back in between to hold the axles in place. The problem is the thrust washers are supposed to be left in on the lock right and they’re supposed to be discarded on the Spartans. If I put a thrust washers in I can’t get the pinion shaft I guess you would call it in and if I leave the thrust washers out the spacers that go inside the locker are really loose. I’m over 60 I don’t use Facebook or anything like that, I’m trying to learn how to do this forum. I’m gonna see if I can send a picture of the lock right directions

BOGGER

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Doesn’t make sense. Does not show notch for pinion shaft. This pic shows one washer installed. If both are installed shaft pin will not fit. I need a shin kit? About the broken ring gear bolt. Broke another this morning turning in the proper direction. Warnings to others. Heat is your friend. Where do I get 2 bolts?

8C83F1F0-B65C-45CD-BBEA-56C92A851AB4.jpeg

BOGGER

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Not sure how this forum stuff works. Sent stuff to txroadkill. Can I leave a phone number on here and maybe get a call back from a knowledgeable reader?

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
You can click on their icon or info and select to start conversation and they can discuss stuff between the two of you only without All of us listening in. He is on here a lot so hang in there.

BDRAG

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I don’t know what to tell you. I’m not an expert on gear installs by any means. Your best bet is for another member here that has torn into the Roxor axles to comment or even better is to call POWERTRAX (lock right manufactur) and ask them. Perhaps the Roxor diff carrier is oddball enough that only the spartan works. I really don’t know But find it odd.