ooooooooooo

Hello from the home of Mahindra

Vinay Thomas

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I would love to get my hands on an extra ecu. PM me with price and payment info if your interested. Also include the exact part number so I can cross reference and make sure it will work. I don't know if the stock tune on it will work with this machine, but I'll bet it can be re flashed by disel freaks if its the same computer.
Will surely get you the details, big deal can ship you a wiring harness itself along with the Ecu.

sandyx

Founding Member
Hey Sandyx, looks like you really did research a lot. So have you heard about this mhawk engine that MM had on scorpio. Heard it was developed the first engine indipendently developed by Mahindra.

My love for Mahindra mostly sticks around their jeeps and overseas pickups. Not a fan of the crude scorpio & their other ghastly models at all so never really cared for the many M#### engines they got. The classic IH roots is what makes me dig their IDI/DI engines.

I just bought a used Mahindra Thar and like you guys know that's roxor's cousin !!!..I owned a Mahindra Major (now that's a slightly modified Mahindra version of CJ540..) in 2005. In late 80s Mahindra had something called CL550 which came with international harvester engine initially and later on with MDI3200 Engine which was an evolved version of the famous IDI engine. Later in 2003 or 2004 MM launched Mahindra Major with almost similar engine but with a turbo charger..Major and 550s were torque monsters. Any terrain it would easily get through easily.. Then came the thar in 2010 which was nothing but MM540 with a new slightly better engine giving out around 63Bhp instead of 58 in Major. Thar is more of a family kind of vehicle, but major was a workhorse.

Dear throttleitout...

1. Uselesswithoutpictures.jpg

menotu

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Hi,

I live in Bangalore, India and own a Thar (CRDE) which I believe is where the Roxor is derived from. I was reading about the Roxor and came across this forum. Thanks for having me on board.

I have had the Thar for 6 years now and love it. Please feel free to ask any questions you might have. I have attached a few pictures of my Thar.

FYI - the Thars here come with 105 bhp and 247 Nm torque. We have tuning companies here that flash the ECU upto 170 bhp and 400 Nm.

If the engine is the same 2.5L diesel, that is something that you guys could look at. Some companies that do that in India are Pete's Automotive, RedBandRacing, DieselTronic, Code6, T8 Performance...

You should also try and check out videos from Rain Forest Challenge (RFC) India that happens in July/Aug here in India. There are some really tough modded Thars in the events here, and we just had Iron Scorpion ship one of their vehicles from Arizona to India to participate in the event.

I look forward to reading about the Roxor and would love to visit some of you on my next trip to the US.

Cheers,
Manas

View attachment 1052View attachment 1053View attachment 1054View attachment 1055
nice ride, those tires do good in the mud?