ooooooooooo

Hello from SD

Angus Rancher

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Have got a large ranch. The Rangers we've had, including 2 Northstar HVACs, don't really hold up as well as they should. Provided, the guys that work here put them through their paces. Considering a Roxor. Will wait a little longer, as in a few months....probably, to see if more cab options become available. Hard doors with windows that open are a must, a good soft top would probably be sufficient. Also concerned about reports that they ride pretty rough. Has anyone modified the suspension for an easier ride, and do they ride that bad? Something to get a little more HP would be another interest. Would like to have one ready to go before the snow flies or sooner.

Tinfoil Hat

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Hello Angus! One of the first mod's that people seem to do around here is the ECU tune/reprogram. There are several shops that do this and it can go up to double the hp (or not), delete the EGR and remove the speed limiter. These tunes seem to run between $500-$750 based on what I'm seeing. It does have a little rougher ride than a Ranger or RZR, but I think you trade that off for reliability. I have read that many people do an add a leaf to the spring kits and change over to Bilsten type shocks and air down the tires a little. I'm still new here, so I'm sure some of the more experienced members can fill you in further. Glad to have you and hope to see pictures of your new Roxor in the future!

Woodsman74881

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Welcome aboard. I raise a few angus in Oklahoma myself. I’ve had my Roxor 10 months. Use the heck out of it. No problems.

Last edited:

WShaulis

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Hey Angus, Where are you in SD? I am in Sturgis, bought mine from Indian Motorcycles of Sturgis (IMS), but they also have a rental program, if you are close enough you could take one for a couple days and see how it works for you. IMS is owned by the Eide family, car dealers out of Sioux Fall/Mitchell area, and they sell Roxors out that way also. I am loving mine so far, its a vehicle I actually know how to work on!

MikeT

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Hello Angus! One of the first mod's that people seem to do around here is the ECU tune/reprogram. There are several shops that do this and it can go up to double the hp (or not), delete the EGR and remove the speed limiter. These tunes seem to run between $500-$750 based on what I'm seeing. It does have a little rougher ride than a Ranger or RZR, but I think you trade that off for reliability. I have read that many people do an add a leaf to the spring kits and change over to Bilsten type shocks and air down the tires a little. I'm still new here, so I'm sure some of the more experienced members can fill you in further. Glad to have you and hope to see pictures of your new Roxor in the future!

I agree with this at the first few steps. Also I don’t think the ride is too harsh at all...it’s not a car and has a much better /tougher suspension than the Polaris ( sold a ranger to get the Roxor)

The next is to decide on a windshield. The factory one isn’t good for serious use. For this you need to decide on whether to use a purpose built one ( fortress and on the rox get great reviews here) or to adapt a windshield from a cj 5/7. Several threads on that here Add Wipers too..

I then added lockers to the front and rear for better off road performance.

I also did the turn signal kit. XTC for me but there are a few options on the website threads.

I’m using a bikini top on mine, but check out jeepish’s thread on doors and cabin.

Last edited:

Angus Rancher

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Hey Angus, Where are you in SD? I am in Sturgis, bought mine from Indian Motorcycles of Sturgis (IMS), but they also have a rental program, if you are close enough you could take one for a couple days and see how it works for you. IMS is owned by the Eide family, car dealers out of Sioux Fall/Mitchell area, and they sell Roxors out that way also. I am loving mine so far, its a vehicle I actually know how to work on!
Thanks, good to know. We're closer to NE, east of infamous OLC, west BT. Lots of wide open spaces. Hard ground and Sandhills.

SKW

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Hi Angus, we're ranchers, too. We're in Butte County in some pretty tough gumbo. We just bought the Roxor pictured a few weeks ago. Got it because of the cab, etc. We don't really notice a rough ride, but are used to the Kubota RTV (which is VERY rough) and Bobcat 3400, so.... So far, we are a bit unsure of it in our gumbo. Got it stuck first run out, but our fault more than likely.

Tinfoil Hat

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Hi Angus, we're ranchers, too. We're in Butte County in some pretty tough gumbo. We just bought the Roxor pictured a few weeks ago. Got it because of the cab, etc. We don't really notice a rough ride, but are used to the Kubota RTV (which is VERY rough) and Bobcat 3400, so.... So far, we are a bit unsure of it in our gumbo. Got it stuck first run out, but our fault more than likely.

Hello!
I am new here as well, but I've been watching the Roxor for over a year. The main complaint that people who deal with mud seem to have is the open diff's. Many of us here have just added a locking differential to either the rear, or both rear and front, (See threads on Spartan or OX lockers). I'm sure getting stuck wasn't your fault, without a locker or LSD, you're probably going to get stuck in mud. With a locker or two, that shouldn't be a problem at all in the future! If you do opt for a front locker as well as a rear locker, make sure you install a set of locking (un-locking) hubs in the front. I took delivery of mine with front and rear Spartan lockers without hubs in front, (hubs are a super easy install, only cost's around $200 for the parts) and I was afraid I was breaking something every time I took a turn. There was a loud POP as I moved forward and I could feel the pop in the steering wheel. Once I installed my Warn hubs, it totally disappeared. I hope you enjoy your Roxor and I hope that this helps!

Angus Rancher

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
That's funny about the Kubota. We bought a diesel one back in about '07 so our son and some of his buddies could get around and be relatively safe. It worked, they all survived to adulthood.....but what a gutless lumberwagon.

SKW

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
That's funny about the Kubota. We bought a diesel one back in about '07 so our son and some of his buddies could get around and be relatively safe. It worked, they all survived to adulthood.....but what a gutless lumberwagon.
Gutless lumberwagon! That's hilarious. I will call it that from now on.

SKW

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Hello!
I am new here as well, but I've been watching the Roxor for over a year. The main complaint that people who deal with mud seem to have is the open diff's. Many of us here have just added a locking differential to either the rear, or both rear and front, (See threads on Spartan or OX lockers). I'm sure getting stuck wasn't your fault, without a locker or LSD, you're probably going to get stuck in mud. With a locker or two, that shouldn't be a problem at all in the future! If you do opt for a front locker as well as a rear locker, make sure you install a set of locking (un-locking) hubs in the front. I took delivery of mine with front and rear Spartan lockers without hubs in front, (hubs are a super easy install, only cost's around $200 for the parts) and I was afraid I was breaking something every time I took a turn. There was a loud POP as I moved forward and I could feel the pop in the steering wheel. Once I installed my Warn hubs, it totally disappeared. I hope you enjoy your Roxor and I hope that this helps!
Thanks for that information. We are seriously considering the Warn hubs - in fact, I'm sure we're going to go that route. We are also looking into better tires - looks like the EFX is the only mud tire made for it so far.

SKW

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Have got a large ranch. The Rangers we've had, including 2 Northstar HVACs, don't really hold up as well as they should. Provided, the guys that work here put them through their paces. Considering a Roxor. Will wait a little longer, as in a few months....probably, to see if more cab options become available. Hard doors with windows that open are a must, a good soft top would probably be sufficient. Also concerned about reports that they ride pretty rough. Has anyone modified the suspension for an easier ride, and do they ride that bad? Something to get a little more HP would be another interest. Would like to have one ready to go before the snow flies or sooner.
Hey, Angus, I thought of something else that might be relevant to you. We find that this rig is geared very high. For the kind of work we do, and with the terrain on our ranch, most of the time we have to drive in 4-low and first gear! Everything else is way too fast. We aren't thrilled with that and are limiting what we use it for (unfortunately).

IppoJ

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
...We find that this rig is geared very high. For the kind of work we do, and with the terrain on our ranch, most of the time we have to drive in 4-low and first gear! ...
I *think* CJ gear sets are very close to drop-in, so it should be very easy to lower your ratio.

Reactions: SKW